President Trump says he might use military to build wall if Congress won't do their jobs and fund it

Hoo Ray! Unilaterally Use the military within our borders .

What a dictator thing to do!

Trump says he could use MILITARY to build his wall if Congress won't fund it through DHS | Daily Mail Online

Awesome! I hope he does! Get it done I don't care how,who pays for it,etc etc just want it BUILT!
He says ridiculous shit throughout each and every day, and you morons eat it up.

What’s so ridiculous about it? You don’t think it’s plausible therefore it isn’t? Let me teach you something.
Trump doesn’t need congressional approval or appropriation for the wall...PERIOD. As commander in chief he can deploy the corp of engineers and the Navy Seabees to construct The Wall. The two agencies total 50,000 personnel. The Wall can be built and funded as part of regular military defense initiatives. If he could work an angle to declare the wetback invasion a national emergency he could then almost force you to go fuck up some wetbacks.
What else would you like to learn about?

I don't know why he hasn't already done it.

Our Borders are Nationally controlled...Not state controlled. He can do
whatever he wants on the Border.

Trump says he could use MILITARY to build his wall if Congress won't fund it through DHS | Daily Mail Online

Awesome! I hope he does! Get it done I don't care how,who pays for it,etc etc just want it BUILT!
He says ridiculous shit throughout each and every day, and you morons eat it up.

What’s so ridiculous about it? You don’t think it’s plausible therefore it isn’t? Let me teach you something.
Trump doesn’t need congressional approval or appropriation for the wall...PERIOD. As commander in chief he can deploy the corp of engineers and the Navy Seabees to construct The Wall. The two agencies total 50,000 personnel. The Wall can be built and funded as part of regular military defense initiatives. If he could work an angle to declare the wetback invasion a national emergency he could then almost force you to go fuck up some wetbacks.
There isn't anything a simpleton like you could teach me.

There isn't anything a simpleton like you could teach me.

In all my “simple” glory...I think I just did.
You’re welcome.

wonderful, at least our boys will be building something in America , instead of sh*tholistan for a change

~S~

Hoo Ray! Unilaterally Use the military within our borders .

What a dictator thing to do!
Do you wake up every day determined to show how LITTLE you actually know? The Corps of Engineers AKA the military builds dams...aka they work within the borders of the USA....jesus...go back to the coloring books and cartoons...leave the adult discussions to the adults.

Actually, he can't send in the Seabees, or the Army Corps of Engineers. The only people he could send would be the National Guard. I thought you knew this, because it's been tried before and failed.

What the National Guard Can and Cannot Do on Mexico Border

On April 3, 2018, President Donald Trump proposed that U.S. military troops be deployed along the United States border with Mexico to help control illegal immigration and maintain civil order during construction of the secure, border-length fence recently funded by Congress. The proposal brought questions of its legality under the 1878 Posse Comitatus Act. However, in 2006 and again in 2010, Presidents George W. Bush and Barack Obama took similar actions.

In May 2006, President George W. Bush, in "Operation Jumpstart," ordered up to 6,000 National Guard troops to the states along the Mexican border to support the Border Patrol in controlling illegal immigration and related criminal activities on U.S. soil. On July 19, 2010, President Obama ordered an additional 1,200 Guard troops to the southern border. While this buildup was substantial and controversial, it did not require Obama to suspend the Posse Comitatus Act.

The Posse Comitatus Act limits the Guard troops to acting only in support of the U.S. Border Patrol, and state and local law enforcement officers.

Posse Comitatus and Martial Law

The Posse Comitatus Act of 1878 prohibits the use of U.S. military forces to perform the tasks of civilian law enforcement such as arrest, apprehension, interrogation, and detention unless explicitly authorized by Congress.

The Posse Comitatus Act, signed into law by President Rutherford B. Hayes on June 18, 1878, limits the power of the federal government in the use of federal military personnel to enforce U.S. laws and domestic policies within the borders of the United States. The law was passed as an amendment to an army appropriation bill following the end of Reconstruction and was subsequently amended in 1956 and 1981.

As originally enacted in 1878, the Posse Comitatus Act applied only to the U.S. Army but was amended in 1956 to include the Air Force. In addition, the Department of the Navy has enacted regulations intended to apply the Posse Comitatus Act restrictions to the U.S. Navy and Marine Corps.

The Posse Comitatus Act does not apply to the Army National Guard and the Air National Guard when acting in a law enforcement capacity within its own state when ordered by the governor of that state or in an adjacent state if invited by that state’s governor.

Operating under the Department of Homeland Security, the U.S. Coast Guard is not covered by the Posse Comitatus Act. While the Coast Guard is an “armed service,” it also has both a maritime law enforcement mission and a federal regulatory agency mission.

The Posse Comitatus Act was originally enacted due to the feeling of many members of Congress at the time that President Abraham Lincoln had exceeded his authority during the Civil War by suspending habeas corpus and creating military courts with jurisdiction over civilians.

It should be noted that the Posse Comitatus Act greatly limits, but does not eliminate the power of the President of the United States to declare "martial law," the assumption of all civilian police powers by the military.

The president, under his or her constitutional powers to put down insurrection, rebellion, or invasion, may declare martial law when local law enforcement and court systems have ceased to function. For example, after the bombing of Pearl Harbor on December 7, 1941, President Roosevelt declared martial law in Hawaii at the request of the territorial governor.

Actually, he can't send in the Seabees, or the Army Corps of Engineers. The only people he could send would be the National Guard. I thought you knew this, because it's been tried before and failed.

On April 3, 2018, President Donald Trump proposed that U.S. military troops be deployed along the United States border with Mexico to help control illegal immigration and maintain civil order during construction of the secure, border-length fence recently funded by Congress. The proposal brought questions of its legality under the 1878 Posse Comitatus Act. However, in 2006 and again in 2010, Presidents George W. Bush and Barack Obama took similar actions.

In May 2006, President George W. Bush, in "Operation Jumpstart," ordered up to 6,000 National Guard troops to the states along the Mexican border to support the Border Patrol in controlling illegal immigration and related criminal activities on U.S. soil. On July 19, 2010, President Obama ordered an additional 1,200 Guard troops to the southern border. While this buildup was substantial and controversial, it did not require Obama to suspend the Posse Comitatus Act.

The Posse Comitatus Act limits the Guard troops to acting only in support of the U.S. Border Patrol, and state and local law enforcement officers.

The Posse Comitatus Act of 1878 prohibits the use of U.S. military forces to perform the tasks of civilian law enforcement such as arrest, apprehension, interrogation, and detention unless explicitly authorized by Congress.

The Posse Comitatus Act, signed into law by President Rutherford B. Hayes on June 18, 1878, limits the power of the federal government in the use of federal military personnel to enforce U.S. laws and domestic policies within the borders of the United States. The law was passed as an amendment to an army appropriation bill following the end of Reconstruction and was subsequently amended in 1956 and 1981.

As originally enacted in 1878, the Posse Comitatus Act applied only to the U.S. Army but was amended in 1956 to include the Air Force. In addition, the Department of the Navy has enacted regulations intended to apply the Posse Comitatus Act restrictions to the U.S. Navy and Marine Corps.

The Posse Comitatus Act does not apply to the Army National Guard and the Air National Guard when acting in a law enforcement capacity within its own state when ordered by the governor of that state or in an adjacent state if invited by that state’s governor.

Operating under the Department of Homeland Security, the U.S. Coast Guard is not covered by the Posse Comitatus Act. While the Coast Guard is an “armed service,” it also has both a maritime law enforcement mission and a federal regulatory agency mission.

The Posse Comitatus Act was originally enacted due to the feeling of many members of Congress at the time that President Abraham Lincoln had exceeded his authority during the Civil War by suspending habeas corpus and creating military courts with jurisdiction over civilians.

It should be noted that the Posse Comitatus Act greatly limits, but does not eliminate the power of the President of the United States to declare "martial law," the assumption of all civilian police powers by the military.

The president, under his or her constitutional powers to put down insurrection, rebellion, or invasion, may declare martial law when local law enforcement and court systems have ceased to function. For example, after the bombing of Pearl Harbor on December 7, 1941, President Roosevelt declared martial law in Hawaii at the request of the territorial governor.
He can do whatever he wants. ACE-Army Corps of Engineers already build dams in America they can build the wall and the left knows it. He has given them the chance to defend America but they don't want to so he needs to get it done any way he can.

Well pops...you’re trying super hard and all, we all know how bad you and your peeps want to keep that steady flow of filth rolling in from the south...BUT you might want to enlighten yourself a bit more there scholar. Go to www.google.com and start with this......The Insurrection Act:
The Insurrection Act represents what was considered an acceptable use of soldiers: authorized by the President himself, as the ultimate tool through which the United States exercises its sovereign authority within its borders. Use of soldiers is a last resort; the President may only approve it under the Insurrection Act when he determines that the civil authorities are unwilling or unable to enforce the laws. The President must make a proclamation ordering those involved to disperse. But once the President has invoked the Insurrection Act, the Posse Comitatus Act does not apply.

Well pops...you’re trying super hard and all, we all know how bad you and your peeps want to keep that steady flow of filth rolling in from the south...BUT you might want to enlighten yourself a bit more there scholar. Go to www.google.com and start with this......The Insurrection Act:
The Insurrection Act represents what was considered an acceptable use of soldiers: authorized by the President himself, as the ultimate tool through which the United States exercises its sovereign authority within its borders. Use of soldiers is a last resort; the President may only approve it under the Insurrection Act when he determines that the civil authorities are unwilling or unable to enforce the laws. The President must make a proclamation ordering those involved to disperse. But once the President has invoked the Insurrection Act, the Posse Comitatus Act does not apply.

That is for putting down insurrections, not building walls.

I'm guessing the cost of materials might get the military higher ups a bit peeved.

If they want to pay for it though, build the fucking thing and be done with it. Maybe then we can stop hearing all this endless shit about how awful illegals are. It would be worth it if that happened.

There is an insurrection in America. The soldiers are the ANTIFA domestic terrorist assholes,the officers are leading democrats aka Obama,Waters,Pelosi,Schumer and the Generals are former heads of the CIA,FBI,NSA,DIA etc and the head honcho funding it all is Soros!

He can do whatever he wants. ACE-Army Corps of Engineers already build dams in America they can build the wall and the left knows it. He has given them the chance to defend America but they don't want to so he needs to get it done any way he can.
No, LOL, he can't do whatever he wants, he only says that to gullible idiots like you that will believe anything and everything that comes out of the pathological liar's mouth.

There is an insurrection in America. The soldiers are the ANTIFA domestic terrorist assholes,the officers are leading democrats aka Obama,Waters,Pelosi,Schumer and the Generals are former heads of the CIA,FBI,NSA,DIA etc and the head honcho funding it all is Soros!

Bullshit. Your whore is way out of touch.

Bullshit. Your whore is way out of touch.
Ohhh we triggered one!

WTF do you think is going on in this country right now?
Once the insurrection act is invoked by the POTUS his executive power to defend this country becomes almost limitless…If he decides that a wall is needed as a measure of defense he builds a wall.

Forum List

Back