President Trump orders Pentagon to remove thousands of troops from Germany

And now we know why the old guard generals like Mattis came out this week...do you know how many retired Generals work as lobbyist for European nations that want to keep our troops there indefinitely?....look... everything is linked to money...if our bases close in Europe hundreds of cities will lose all of that revenue created by our troops....jobs will disappear over night....now I see whats going on....that's shameful General Mattis....
Exactly!! The US spent $trillions defending the EU, Japan, SK, Taiwan, et.al. You build bases, you rebuild bases, you pay for troops and equipment, and the Germans buy LNG from Russia to fund their military. We can spend those dollars better here in the US.

If we ever really scaled back like Trump wants to do...we could pay off the debt and retire our citizens in style....
Where is he going to put almost 10,000 soldiers? Will he have to reopen some of the old bases that have been closed for years? I think in most cases it is too late--they've been repurposed. Or maybe he's not sending them all home.

And now we know why the old guard generals like Mattis came out this week...do you know how many retired Generals work as lobbyist for European nations that want to keep our troops there indefinitely?....look... everything is linked to money...if our bases close in Europe hundreds of cities will lose all of that revenue created by our troops....jobs will disappear over night....now I see whats going on....that's shameful General Mattis....
Exactly!! The US spent $trillions defending the EU, Japan, SK, Taiwan, et.al. You build bases, you rebuild bases, you pay for troops and equipment, and the Germans buy LNG from Russia to fund their military. We can spend those dollars better here in the US.

If we ever really scaled back like Trump wants to do...we could pay off the debt and retire our citizens in style....
Where is he going to put almost 10,000 soldiers? Will he have to reopen some of the old bases that have been closed for years? I think in most cases it is too late--they've been repurposed. Or maybe he's not sending them all home.
This won't happen over night OL.....but we are past due for reform of this kind of thinking.....that we need to protect the world from the world.....it gets sillier as the years pass.....that kind of thinking is as old as General Mattis.....with all due respect Mad Dog....
We defend the world as we argue over healthcare...infrastructure and education...and housing and treatment for homeless....retirement and national debt......what are we doing here???

Trump & Putin have been talking a lot these days, maybe about this?

Anyone else notice the OP hijacked his own thread under his first post?
being OP is like being God, you can do what you want

bitch

Forum List

Back