President Biden says he will take executive action to pardon all prior federal offenses of simple marijuana possession.

Acting pursuant to the grant of authority in Article II, Section 2, of the Constitution of the United States, I, Joseph R. Biden Jr., do hereby grant a full, complete, and unconditional pardon to (1) all current United States citizens and lawful permanent residents who committed the offense of simple possession of marijuana in violation of the Controlled Substances Act,

As an added side-benefit, these people can (absent some other disability) now legally buy and own firearms.
#GreatJobBrandon
#ProGunPotSmokers

As an added side-benefit, these people can (absent some other disability) now legally buy and own firearms.
#GreatJobBrandon
#ProGunPotSmokers

Tomorrow's headline: Marijuana found to be effective treatment for dementia!

Kamala Harris sent almost half of that number to prison for marijuana offenses when she was DA. Most of them were black men.
On federal charges for simple pot possession? That’s gonna need a link

#GreatJobBrandon
#ProGunPotSmokers
So? Should have happened a long time ago. Simple possession...of pot. Sheesh. Sure, that's a reason to crowd the jails.
Pot smokers are normally chill. They wouldn't as a rule pull a gun. That's left to the booze swilling and coke snorting.

#GreatJobBrandon
#ProGunPotSmokers
glad to see the 2nd A still exist for people that never harmed another person,,

and even though this is a good thing biden has done we all know its to get votes,, sorry joe you still dont get my vote,,

So? Should have happened a long time ago. Simple possession...of pot. Sheesh. Sure, that's a reason to crowd the jails.
Pot smokers are normally chill. They wouldn't as a rule pull a gun. That's left to the booze swilling and coke snorting.

Kamala Harris sent thousands of mostly black men to prison in California on marijuana charges. Then you voted for her.

Good to know you are good with convicted drug users buying and owning firearms.
For simple possession. Not dealing. Not possession with intent to distribute.
So sure, if they want to own a gun, they can (absent any other issues that might restrict).

Wait, wait..don't tell me, let me guess. Marijuana is a gateway drug...right? :)

The most fanatical of the police-state supporters here are upset.

What good is cops planting drugs on minority suspects, if the drugs aren't illegal?

And how can our tax dollars get transferred to the prison-industrial complex and their big donations to Republican politicians if enough people aren't being jailed for pot possession?

Yeah, it's not that way in every state now, but progress is being made.

The most fanatical of the police-state supporters here are upset.

What good is cops planting drugs on minority suspects, if the drugs aren't illegal?

And how can our tax dollars get transferred to the prison-industrial complex and their big donations to Republican politicians if enough people aren't being jailed for pot possession?

Yeah, it's not that way in every state now, but progress is being made.

Kamala Harris sent thousands of mostly black men to prison on marijuana charges, using Joe Biden's 1994 crime bill as her sentencing guidelines. Then you voted for them.

President Biden says he will pardon all prior federal marijuana-possession cases...
He should pretend he's a competent leader and work to repeal the laws that led to these offenses in the first place.

Bandaid bullshit.

That's what I was thinking. How many people actually have Federal convictions for "simple possession"?

Usually it's tied to more serious crimes, like possession with intent to sell, trafficking or as an additional charge with nonrelated crimes. The feds don't normally get involved in cases of simple possession.

He should pretend he's a competent leader and work to repeal the laws that led to these offenses in the first place.

Bandaid bullshit.
The first step is to reschedule it. He said the right words but he's an old school drug war warrior, I'll believe it when it get done.

Forum List

Back