Pres. Obama, Raul Castro shake hands at summit

Obama may be the worst president we have ever had to endure, but opening Cuba is a good thing.

We should learn from George Washington...
The great rule of conduct for us, in regard to foreign nations, is, in extending our commercial relations, to have with them as little political connection as possible. So far as we have already formed engagements, let them be fulfilled with perfect good faith. Here let us stop.
Harmony, liberal intercourse with all nations, are recommended by policy, humanity, and interest. But even our commercial policy should hold an equal and impartial hand; neither seeking nor granting exclusive favors or preferences; consulting the natural course of things; diffusing and diversifying by gentle means the streams of commerce, but forcing nothing;........

Yes, opening Cuba would be a good thing. Do you have any idea why we broke off relations with them? Do you know why Kennedy put a naval blockade around Cuba?

Told ya! Statistikhengst!

Yes, Howey - it is the light, they are the many moths.

I asked a question, smartass. Do you know why Kennedy broke off relations with Cuba?

Redfish, if you can't remember why you're supposed to be angry with Cuba (why else would you ask), then you should take that to mean it's pretty stupid to still be angry with them.

Redfish, if you can't remember why you're supposed to be angry with Cuba (why else would you ask), then you should take that to mean it's pretty stupid to still be angry with them.

I am not personally angry with Cuba. I was just asking the other poster if he knew why Kennedy (and all presidents since) have put sanctions on Cuba. I remember when that was done, do you?

As to "angry with Cuba" ask the Cuban americans living in south florida. You might learn something from them.

I would like to see us reopen relations with Cuba, but not until they start treating their citizens with respect and freedom. Currently human rights in Cuba and about the same as north korea.

Forum List

Back