praying during schools hour in US Public Schools

laferia52

Platinum Member
Nov 19, 2020
How many people out there agree that US Public Schools should provide accommodations for muslims students to pray during school hours. Accommodations like an empty room for them to pray and permission for them to leave the class to go pray. in some cases even to leave the school grounds to go pray. I support religious freedom but this is going to far. This is immigrants trying to impose their will on the USA.

How many people out there agree that US Public Schools should provide accommodations for muslims students to pray during school hours. Accommodations like an empty room for them to pray and permission for them to leave the class to go pray. in some cases even to leave the school grounds to go pray. I support religious freedom but this is going to far. This is immigrants trying to impose their will on the USA.
People of all faiths should be accommodated within reason. This has nothing to do with immigration.

People of all faiths should be accommodated within reason.
I second this. This is why a moment silence is provided when something awful has just been announced.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. When I was in elementary school, the last fifteen minutes or so before going home is when we focused on silent reading. If something like that were allowed anywhere, I wouldn't object. People can spend a fifteen-minute time block focused on their religion or anything else that is important enough to them. The fifteen minutes could be before they start school or their jobs.

Religion and religious practices have no place in public buildings. They can practice their religion at home or in some other privately owned place.

Ive orked with many muslims over the years and never had to make any accomodation for prayers. This sounds like made up bullshit.

Isnt there supposed to be a link ?
Muslims are no different than any other religious people. Most do not pray 5 times a day just like most people of other religions don't attend church or temple every week

Supreme Ct decisions do not prohibit prayer during school hours. They only ban forcing students to pray. They can pray during recess, between classes or at lunchtime.

Many Muslims are native born
I am an atheist and have no problem setting aside a room for private prayer of any faith
As long as they don’t force me or my children to participate

Religion and religious practices have no place in public buildings. They can practice their religion at home or in some other privately owned place.
It is tough that we do not get a choice in paying the massive taxes needed to keep those schools open. I am sure the cockiness will be reduced than.

Public building meaning paid for by the American Taxpayer, but people TAXPAYERS of faith need to learn their place as second class citizens 😂
:fu:
So then your argument is that anyone who pays taxes should be able to use any public building for any reason.

Your faith is a private issue and the government is not responsible for providing you a place to conduct your rituals

So then your argument is that anyone who pays taxes should be able to use any public building for any reason.

Your faith is a private issue and the government is not responsible for providing you a place to conduct your rituals

Suspend a student for saying a prayer before a test?

Suspend a student for saying a prayer before a test?
Why?

That's not the same thing as supplying a separate room and excusing people from classes to pray is it?

Anyone can say a prayer in their head anytime they want no special treatment needed

Forum List

Back