Prayer In Public Schools Is Unconstitutional

The ruling was made in 1962
iu

The ruling was made in 1962
The one's wanting prayer in school are always the Abrahamic Religions. If a school announced that at the start of the school day, it would have a prayer to one of the Hindu Gods, the Abrahamic Religious folks would become apoplectic.

When I went to school we prayed twice a day. We said the Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag in the morning but prayers were twice a day. Public school.

I asked my Jewish mother if I had to say Christian prayers. Her answer was "Pray. It can't hurt."

I'm sorry the practice ended.

I always prayed... in primary and beyond.

We always prayed at school in the mornings.

When I went to school we prayed twice a day. We said the Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag in the morning but prayers were twice a day. Public school.

I asked my Jewish mother if I had to say Christian prayers. Her answer was "Pray. It can't hurt."

I'm sorry the practice ended.

What is the point of forcing someone to pray to a deity they do not believes exist?

Would you have been fine with the practice if they had been praying to Odin or Ares?

Now that I'm grown, I see the wisdom in saying the Lord's prayer in school and my Jewish mother's satisfaction with Christian prayer. If you want a prayer that says Odin who art in heaven or even Valhalla, go for it. Taking prayer out of schools left us with school sponsored Satan clubs.

There was no lasting damage from saying prayers in school. It might have been better to recite the Ten Commandments too.

What is the point of forcing someone to pray to a deity they do not believes exist?

Would you have been fine with the practice if they had been praying to Odin or Ares?
I didnt see anywhere that forced you to pray for a certain god,,

you pray to the god of your choice,,

got any proof of that??

they say you pray,, not you repeat what I pray dont they??

When I was a youngin they "prayed" the Lords Prayer before the start of school and we were all supposed to say it along with the teacher. Granted that was a long time ago

The one's wanting prayer in school are always the Abrahamic Religions. If a school announced that at the start of the school day, it would have a prayer to one of the Hindu Gods, the Abrahamic Religious folks would become apoplectic.
Don't want to pray at school? Don't pray at school.

Forum List

Back