Power the U.S. With Solar Panels!

Sorry if that article confused you.

Tell me more about the new solar panel induced Ice Age!!!
You are making diametrically opposed arguments. On one hand you argue it's not cooler at the solar farms and on the other you argue it is cooler at the solar farm but the waste heat from electricity more than compensates for it. Pick a lane.

Last edited:
EIther one, you're wrong about causing an Ice Age.
I'm pretty sure the planet will experience a glacial cycle (less than -2C away) before it experiences a super greenhouse state (more than +6C away) without glaciation at the poles. The planet has been cooling for 50 million years.

F2.large.jpg

You are making diametrically opposed arguments. On one hand you argue it's not cooler at the solar farms and on the other you argue it is cooler at the solar farm but the waster heat from electricity more than compensates for it. Pick a lane.

You are making diametrically opposed arguments.

Are you confusing me for the author of the paper I linked?

Let's look at the math.

Is 760 larger or smaller than 850?

Is 950 larger or smaller than 850?

Let me know if you need help.

You are making diametrically opposed arguments.

Are you confusing me for the author of the paper I linked?

Let's look at the math.

Is 760 larger or smaller than 850?

Is 950 larger or smaller than 850?

Let me know if you need help.
No. I'm not confusing you for the author of the paper. But when you posted the paper you said...
Here's another one that doesn't support his claims......
Which doesn't sound like something someone who believed that solar panels created a cooling effect at solar farms.

No. I'm not confusing you for the author of the paper. But when you posted the paper you said...

Which doesn't sound like something someone who believed that solar panels created a cooling effect at solar farms.

Yes, when I said the paper didn't support your claim that was because it didn't support your claim.

Let me know when you figure out the math.

Waste heat from electricity use is the same for all cases. It's in the case of generating electricity from 100% fossil fuels and it's in the case of generating electricity from 100% solar. So you will have exactly the same waste heat in both cases. What won't be the same is solar radiation warming the surface of the planet.

Yes, the waste heat is the same.
I rest my case. Because the incrementally lower temperatures measured above the solar farms proves that the solar radiation heating the surface of the planet is not the same when solar panels are present because solar panels are converting solar radiation into electricity.

The solar radiation hitting the planet is the same.
The incrementally lower temperatures measured above the solar farms says otherwise. The solar radiation absorbed by the surface of the planet is lower when solar panels are present because the solar panels are converting solar radiation into electricity. Proof of this can be found in the incrementally lower temperatures measured above the solar farms.

Yes, when I said the paper didn't support your claim that was because it didn't support your claim.

Let me know when you figure out the math.
And then you prompted changed your position and argued the exact opposite when you wrote...
It's not a surprise if the retained 760 watts leaves the solar farm cooler than the 850 watts retained for the bare soil.

Forum List

Back