Power the U.S. With Solar Panels!

That is certainly how it appears over here. We can't get past Trump, you can't get past Boris. Two empires separated by a common language.

Well, I find nothing wrong with Trump and Boris, but we both suffer from an awful lot people that are hung up on them. I emailed my local Tory MP to go tell the conservative MP's that voted against Boris to quit because they don't deserve to be in parliament. The spineless git didn't reply.

Well, I find nothing wrong with Trump and Boris, but we both suffer from an awful lot people that are hung up on them. I emailed my local Tory MP to go tell the conservative MP's that voted against Boris to quit because they don't deserve to be in parliament. The spineless git didn't reply.
They both think they are above the law but that is unacceptable to me.

They both think they are above the law but that is unacceptable to me.
So why do Democrats hold illegal immigrants above the law?

As for Boris, that law was stupid and meaningless. Say you come up with a law that's, say, you can't wear blue socks in public or it's a £100 fine, what would you expect to happen if you went into public with blue socks?

So why do Democrats hold illegal immigrants above the law?
Do they? We have laws that allow refugees to seek asylum in this country. Many don't like the law but that is the law.

As for Boris, that law was stupid and meaningless. Say you come up with a law that's, say, you can't wear blue socks in public or it's a £100 fine, what would you expect to happen if you went into public with blue socks?
Didn't Boris violate the laws his gov't created?

Apparently at current technology, I will show you a picture of how many solar panels it would take to power the U.S. That is both day and night. (With the stored energy for nighttime) The square in yellow shows the total amount of area in solar panels it would take to do it. Argue with that you naysayers.

View attachment 538042
Where is your data? Anyone can draw a yellow square.

Apparently at current technology, I will show you a picture of how many solar panels it would take to power the U.S. That is both day and night. (With the stored energy for nighttime) The square in yellow shows the total amount of area in solar panels it would take to do it. Argue with that you naysayers.

View attachment 538042

Every human on earth...almost eight billion of them...mashed into a ball would comprise a sphere less than one kilometer in diameter.

Do they? We have laws that allow refugees to seek asylum in this country. Many don't like the law but that is the law.

Didn't Boris violate the laws his gov't created?
Do they? Yes.

Let me make the question simpler. Say you come up with a law about the number of people that you can socialize with during a pandemic. Anyone breaking the law, can be fined £200, and up to £10,000. What would you expect to happen if you broke the law? I hope you can answer it this time.

Do they? Yes.

Let me make the question simpler. Say you come up with a law about the number of people that you can socialize with during a pandemic. Anyone breaking the law, can be fined £200, and up to £10,000. What would you expect to happen if you broke the law? I hope you can answer it this time.
I'd expect to be fined £200, and up to £10,000. Do have the right to ignore this law if I don't like it? Does everyone have the right to decide which laws they will obey?

I'd expect to be fined £200, and up to £10,000. Do have the right to ignore this law if I don't like it? Does everyone have the right to decide which laws they will obey?
But, that's what happened, Boris broke the law and paid between £200 and £10,000. So he's complied with the law and the punishment (the fine), was dish out and served (and this paid). So that's the end of the matter, right?

They were wrong. ANY solar radiation that is converted into energy is solar radiation that does not heat the surface of the earth. It's called conservation of energy and is the first law of thermodynamics.

Still funny!

Take a patch of bare soil large enough to be hit by 1000 watts of solar energy.

With a typical albedo of 0.15, 150 watts is reflected to space, 850 watts retained to warm the surface.

Take the same patch and cover it with a solar panel, typical albedo 0.05, 50 watts reflected to space, 950 watts retained to warm the surface.

Plug that panel into the grid, typical efficiency 20%. 190 watts turned into electric power, shipped to a city 10 miles away. Now there are 760 watts retained at the panel. It's not a surprise if the retained 760 watts leaves the solar farm cooler than the 850 watts retained for the bare soil.

Of course when you add back the 190 watts of heat in the city, the solar panel heats the planet more than the bare soil did. By 100 watts.

So much for your claim that solar panels cool the planet because their electricity doesn't heat the surface.

Still funny!

Take a patch of bare soil large enough to be hit by 1000 watts of solar energy.

With a typical albedo of 0.15, 150 watts is reflected to space, 850 watts retained to warm the surface.

Take the same patch and cover it with a solar panel, typical albedo 0.05, 50 watts reflected to space, 950 watts retained to warm the surface.

Plug that panel into the grid, typical efficiency 20%. 190 watts turned into electric power, shipped to a city 10 miles away. Now there are 760 watts retained at the panel. It's not a surprise if the retained 760 watts leaves the solar farm cooler than the 850 watts retained for the bare soil.

Of course when you add back the 190 watts of heat in the city, the solar panel heats the planet more than the bare soil did. By 100 watts.

So much for your claim that solar panels cool the planet because their electricity doesn't heat the surface.
Cool story, bro. Again tho... the incrementally cooler daytime temperatures measured above six solar farms says otherwise.

Forum List

Back