Poverty food

Thank you and me too. We have extra bag of dog food but if he was younger that deer would be in the freezer or canned for the dogs.
People in America have not had to suffer since the Great Depression so most don't know what its like to be hungry.
I'm trying to teach my kids anf grandkids how grow a little food but only one listens. Ahe is also blessed with lots of energy like me. Good thing since she is raising her 4 grandkids, the 4 y.o. is the hard one. He is wired.

I hear ya. I know the Depression actually changed how my grandparents went forward in life. These are hard times for many of us right now, but it doesn't compare to what they went through.

I hear ya. I know the Depression actually changed how my grandparents went forward in life. These are hard times for many of us right now, but it doesn't compare to what they went through.

I'm from the Boomer era but was raised by people who thought asking aka begging was the worse, " never a borrower or a beggar be" type.

Even though I has 6 cans of SPAM, this thread makes me wanna do the Polack Special.

Ham n split green peas. Hams are about $20 these days. That's bad. :(

The peas would only be about $4 and the ham could do 4-5x of ham and peas.

Even though I has 6 cans of SPAM, this thread makes me wanna do the Polack Special.

Ham n split green peas. Hams are about $20 these days. That's bad. :(

The peas would only be about $4 and the ham could do 4-5x of ham and peas.

Oh, Ima barf!

What is your favourite cheap meal ? Its a big issue in the UK where times are hard.
We arent quite eating roadkill but prices are up and everyone is making savings.
Roadkill? :lol:

I client of mine when I was a personal trainer/nutritionist was a vegan. And by vegan I mean he held a bizarre very strong personal belief that killing animals to eat them is immoral.

That's an extremely tough case to take on as a nutritionist because a totally vegan diet lacks some essential nutrients.

Here in Ohio there is a lot of deer. And he lived off a road where deer get hit and killed by vehicles on the road quite frequently.

I jokingly mentioned to him that if the deer is already dead on the road, you're not killing it, you're simply scavenging it. So why would it be against your religious morals to eat roadkill?

He's been living off of roadkill ever since then.

You no likey da "Piss soup"? (pea soup)

I could eat it at least twice a week. :dunno:

Ugh- no!

When my little brother and I were kidlins, mom lost her mind and gave us split pea soup for lunch once. Whaaa?

I spent a goodly amount of time sneaking my soup into his soup by the spoonful every time she turned her back.

The green trail of pea soup droplets gave me away and I got a brain duster for my trouble.

If James and I somehow ended up with bowls of split pea soup, I'd do it again.

Roadkill? :lol:

I client of mine when I was a personal trainer/nutritionist was a vegan. And by vegan I mean he held a bizarre very strong personal belief that killing animals to eat them is immoral.

That's an extremely tough case to take on as a nutritionist because a totally vegan diet lacks some essential nutrients.

Here in Ohio there is a lot of deer. And he lived off a road where deer get hit and killed by vehicles on the road quite frequently.

I jokingly mentioned to him that if the deer is already dead on the road, you're not killing it, you're simply scavenging it. So why would it be against your religious morals to eat roadkill?

He's been living off of roadkill ever since then.
And hitchhikers mysteriously disappear in the area quite often...

Ugh- no!

When my little brother and I were kidlins, mom lost her mind and gave us split pea soup for lunch once. Whaaa?

I spent a goodly amount of time sneaking my soup into his soup by the spoonful every time she turned her back.

The green trail of pea soup droplets gave me away and I got a brain duster for my trouble.

If James and I somehow ended up with bowls of split pea soup, I'd do it again.
I think it was the color that messed ya up. I could go for some tonight, but all I have is prime rib steaks and baked potato. :dunno:

Zero ham and zero split green peas.

squirrels are dam good eating dude....my dad used to crack the heads open and suck out the brains....groudhog is good too lots of fat on those critters. all you need is a 22 calibre rifle and a good squirrel dog and you eat good every freaking day....plus hunting is great exercise
I worked frigging hard to never eat fried squirrel again

temp2_0237093b4bd883a333ed993cb0af6bfb082555e0.jpg

USE TO BE CHEAP........

I wanted to make some chicken burgers, at the grocery store I went to buy a package of boneless thighs. WTF???....... holy hell.... $8.28. For a small package of chicken thighs!!!!!!!

Forum List

Back