Pot is becoming illegal in California again

In order to compete with the black market, the prices must be competitive. Same prices they have on the street plus around 40 percent total tax is going to hurt.
Dumbfucks
This was part of the econ lesson I was trying to impart on people.....They somehow thought that weed would become less expensive under legalization, to the point that any taxes would be a wash.....My little riffs about market efficiency flew right over their sativa-addled brains.
i am paying no more than i was with the street dealer with taxes here in vegas....the difference is the pot is way cleaner and better...
Vegas always does it better...lol

In order to compete with the black market, the prices must be competitive. Same prices they have on the street plus around 40 percent total tax is going to hurt.
Dumbfucks
This was part of the econ lesson I was trying to impart on people.....They somehow thought that weed would become less expensive under legalization, to the point that any taxes would be a wash.....My little riffs about market efficiency flew right over their sativa-addled brains.
i am paying no more than i was with the street dealer with taxes here in vegas....the difference is the pot is way cleaner and better...
Vegas always does it better...lol
and they dont seem to be having the problems California seems to be having.....

California pot advocates say tax rates too high

Pot is becoming a black market item again, but not because the state is making it illegal again, but because the taxes are too high.

And yes, the only time dead head Californians seem to complain about the outrageous taxes is when they can't buy their weed.

LMAO!!!

I think Progressives are making a mistake here. They naturally want to take everyone's money because they are greedy power hungry deplorable people, but it helps to medicate these people into oblivion first.

So I propose that they stop taxing ONLY weed in such an outrageous way, otherwise, their base may be jeopardized.
I recently read an article that pot patients are going back to their dealers because the weed is just as good and a hell of a lot cheaper.

Marijuana is so easy to grow why would anyone pay for it. You can grow a quarter pound which equals about 1 -4 foot plant in around 8 weeks in a relatively small space. Buy a book or go online and learn everything you need to know. Your weed will be cheaper and of much better quality if you have the right clones and patience.

Can't tell you how many times I've had these "polite conversations" with hippie liberoidals, who somehow thought that legalizing and taxing pot was going to work.

"Legalize and tax it" they said....."Use the money to fund schools and programs for the cheeeeeldrennnn" they said.

Asked them how they'd like to pay more for their stash....Tried to give them the lesson in basic econ and how gubmint drives up the costs of everything they lay their covetous little meat hooks onto, but NOOOOOOOOO!
So you think criminalizing pot is the smart way to go? Really?

I don't know.

However, extreme regulation and taxation of the product isn't going to result in the kinds of governmental revenues that liberal de-criminalizers promise.

A few years ago, massive new taxes were placed on regular tobacco cigarettes. The promise was that this new taxation would provide money for the schools, children's health care or other programs, depending on the state.

Didn't work out that way. Cigarette smuggling became a big racket, as well as counterfeit tax stamps. In addition, many people gave up smoking or smoked significantly less, reducing the promised revenues even further.

And it is the same with Grass.

Dumbfucks

I remember when they were pushing the lottery here years ago. There were pro-lottery groups and anti-lottery groups.

The pro-lottery groups were telling the people that once we had the lottery, it would close up all the mob ran gambling outlets across the state. Everybody would rather deal with legal gambling than illegal gambling. They told us that the lottery money would go to help our schools be better funded. So we voted for the lottery.

End game, the mob started to use the state lottery numbers to run their games, pay about 20% more than the state, and the funding that went to schools was the same amount as the state budget reduction to the schools. So they were no better funded before the lottery than after.

Pot is becoming a black market item again, but not because the state is making it illegal again, but because the taxes are too high.

And yes, the only time dead head Californians seem to complain about the outrageous taxes is when they can't buy their weed.

LMAO!!!

I think Progressives are making a mistake here. They naturally want to take everyone's money because they are greedy power hungry deplorable people, but it helps to medicate these people into oblivion first.

So I propose that they stop taxing ONLY weed in such an outrageous way, otherwise, their base may be jeopardized.
I recently read an article that pot patients are going back to their dealers because the weed is just as good and a hell of a lot cheaper.

Marijuana is so easy to grow why would anyone pay for it. You can grow a quarter pound which equals about 1 -4 foot plant in around 8 weeks in a relatively small space. Buy a book or go online and learn everything you need to know. Your weed will be cheaper and of much better quality if you have the right clones and patience.

I think you're right. I've known people who were none too smart who grew their own grass. I never met anyone who grew poppies and made their own smack. Marijuana doesn't require nearly as much smarts to make

LMAO!!!

California is learning to tax their tax bases out of existence.

Dumbfucks
Back when I was a regular smoker, it got so you couldn't even find that kind of imported dirty brick weed anymore...It was almost all the very neatly manicured and packaged "kind bud", the cost of which was rivaling that of gold....But even at that, you can still grow it in a closet for less.

LMAO!!!

This is happening in Canada too. The Ontario pot stores are selling weed at $56.50 for 3.5 grams - 1/8 of an ounce. That's over $400 per ounce. The top price in the illegal dispensaries which the government closed, was $200 per ounce. And is completely packaged. In a plastic bag, in a cardboard box. You can't see it, smell it or know what you're getting.

One of the stated goals of legalization was to wipe up the black market. The government's best estimates are that they've only got 30% of the Canadian market, and that Canadians have gone back to the street dealers. The first thing they need to do is to dump the fancy packaging.

Fortunately, we're also allowed to grow our own. The legalization laws allow you to grow up to 4 plants, and everyone I know is growing, myself included. With two other friends, we started about a dozen seedings, and grew 5 female plants this year, getting about three pounds of weed. I have an indoor plant I'm cutting down this week. It's small and will only have a couple of ounces but it's the only blueberry plant that wasn't male.

LMAO!!!

California is learning to tax their tax bases out of existence.

To be fair, many more moving to other states now...............so that they can then elect the same loons they did in California.

Leftism is a metastasis.

Can't tell you how many times I've had these "polite conversations" with hippie liberoidals, who somehow thought that legalizing and taxing pot was going to work.

"Legalize and tax it" they said....."Use the money to fund schools and programs for the cheeeeeldrennnn" they said.

Asked them how they'd like to pay more for their stash....Tried to give them the lesson in basic econ and how gubmint drives up the costs of everything they lay their covetous little meat hooks onto, but NOOOOOOOOO!

I bet that conversation was painful and hilarious. "tax it for the cheeeeeeldrennnn."

LMAO!!!

That may work down there, but not up north. We just don't have the weather to grow good pot. People would grow it in their homes, but the authorities were always on the lookout for people that had high electric bills.

Dumbfucks

I remember when they were pushing the lottery here years ago. There were pro-lottery groups and anti-lottery groups.

The pro-lottery groups were telling the people that once we had the lottery, it would close up all the mob ran gambling outlets across the state. Everybody would rather deal with legal gambling than illegal gambling. They told us that the lottery money would go to help our schools be better funded. So we voted for the lottery.

End game, the mob started to use the state lottery numbers to run their games, pay about 20% more than the state, and the funding that went to schools was the same amount as the state budget reduction to the schools. So they were no better funded before the lottery than after.

Actually, the state lotteries were a boon to the nation's numbers writers. The players could see the numbers drawn on TV.

So when someone fixed the lottery in Pennsylvania in the 1970's by injecting paint into the official Ping Pong balls, people could see it and the perp was busted.

Seems sort of stupid. That shit is a weed.

Vancouver sells seeds. Why don't they just get a. .. . . like, Johnny pot seed, and stop with all the hydro activity. Spread that seed all over the wilds and it will all be free. . .

:dunno:
Indoor weed in a controlled environment comes out better.

Real legalization would lift all restrictions on cultivation, as any pot aficionado could easily grow enough for their ongoing personal stash in a space of about 4' X 4'.

It's easy....Take it from me.

keep it clandestine or someone will come and "take it from you"

Dumbfucks

Love the pic. FBI foils FBI plot.

I bet that conversation was painful and hilarious. "tax it for the cheeeeeeldrennnn."
It was in fact both....The only people who ever really learned anything were the bartenders and a few onlookers.

LMAO!!!

What most people don't realize is that there are two separate black markets.

The first, where an item is illegal, and providers can sell said items at basically whatever price the market can bear.

The 2nd, is where an item is overtaxed or overpriced when legal, and the sellers can make a profit off selling it at a lower price than the official sellers can.

Could someone please tell me what we are talking about again?

Chickens.

Now put away your bong.
I have never inhaled before.

And you have no idea where the blue dress came from either.

Thanks for that Bill.
You're welcome. Does this photo make my hips look too big?

download.jpg

Forum List

Back