Pope says some US catholics have replaced faith with ideology

Nice to see Cult Christians hastening their own drift toward insignificance . It is a perfet time for a spiritual awakening and 2000 years of invented Christianity has gone nowhere .But has ruined billions of lives with its narrow dogma , unchristian like behaviour and its reliance on frightening people to control them . imho

So much about existence was so clear and so evident and so agreed upon for so long and is now commonly known to be inaccurate or totally false. All the "religions" dwell in the past and fail to encompass truth as it has been revealed. Binding themselves to the past, they bind as well those who have genuine need of truth and are blinded to it.
Jesus, for example, spoke it ways meant to break out of the shell his days' orthodoxy had imposed. He was and is misunderstood. When light overcomes darkness, the message will be comprehended.

Pope Francis has blasted the “backwardness” of some conservatives in the U.S. Catholic Church, saying they have replaced faith with ideology and that a correct understanding of Catholic doctrine allows for change over time.

There is a snarling nastiness I see from so called US christians on here so maybe old Frankie has a point. Its amazing how they focus on Gays in particular but ignore the rest of the bible.

Its mainly a US trait but we have oddballs over here who lean the same way.

Where does all the hate come from ?

Some Catholics want to return to voodoo Catholicism. History has shown that the Catholic Church is a religious chameleon - it does whatever it takes to survive.

This Pope is a progressive and wants the Church to adapt so it survives. Voodoo Catholics want to return to the middle ages.

Voodoo Catholics are caught in a conundrum - They want to go back, but they also believe that the Pope is infallible (which is not actually catholic doctrine, but voodoo Catholics don't know that).

The whole Catholic Church is a joke that's been held over from the Middle ages - like the British Royalty. I'm amazed that there are any adults that actually believe in it.

Some Catholics want to return to voodoo Catholicism. History has shown that the Catholic Church is a religious chameleon - it does whatever it takes to survive.

This Pope is a progressive and wants the Church to adapt so it survives. Voodoo Catholics want to return to the middle ages.

Voodoo Catholics are caught in a conundrum - They want to go back, but they also believe that the Pope is infallible (which is not actually catholic doctrine, but voodoo Catholics don't know that).

The whole Catholic Church is a joke that's been held over from the Middle ages - like the British Royalty. I'm amazed that there are any adults that actually believe in it.
They used to invent torture kit to punish heretics. Trannys are lucky that they were only invented this year, by commies, and missed all that Christian love.

They used to invent torture kit to punish heretics. Trannys are lucky that they were only invented this year, by commies, and missed all that Christian love.

Back in those days, and to a large extent today, the Catholic Church was a safe haven for people of 'extraordinary' sexual tendencies.

What else could a homosexual do without being questioned as to why he doesn't have a wife? The Priesthood was the perfect answer.

Back in those days, and to a large extent today, the Catholic Church was a safe haven for people of 'extraordinary' sexual tendencies.

What else could a homosexual do without being questioned as to why he doesn't have a wife? The Priesthood was the perfect answer.
Its a stroke of luck that kids are safe with them. Not like those groomers in Drag Time Story Hour where kids attend with their parents for public events.

Its a stroke of luck that kids are safe with them. Not like those groomers in Drag Time Story Hour where kids attend with their parents for public events.

I was an alter boy in 2 Catholic parishes, and attended an all boys Catholic High Scholl for a year. I also went on a week long retreat with Catholic Brothers. I never experienced or witnessed any attempts by any Catholic clergy to molest, seduce or 'groom' anyone.

There is no such thing a 'grooming' people to be homosexual. People are either Heterosexual, bisexual or homosexual. No 'grooming' needed.

What homosexuals I've known have ALWAYS respected heterosexuals and never try to change them. The worst has been when I realize that some of my 'Drinking Buddies' never ever wanted to meet women. I suspect that some of them had to have been latent homosexuals and didn't want to openly admit it.

What we do need is heterosexual people - starting at a young age - to be taught that bisexuals and homosexuals exist and that their rights should be respected.

When heterosexuals are not aware of homosexuals, and homosexuals need to hide their homosexuality, heterosexuals may only find out about homosexuals by asking their new girlfriend why her adam's apple is so large.

Knowledge and awareness are good things for everybody.

Nice to see Cult Christians hastening their own drift toward insignificance . It is a perfet time for a spiritual awakening and 2000 years of invented Christianity has gone nowhere .But has ruined billions of lives with its narrow dogma , unchristian like behaviour and its reliance on frightening people to control them . imho
They're clearly desperate. Xian chalk-talk, a tradition on University of Wisconsin campus as the students shuffle back to classes, has now been somehow chemically doctored for holding up under foot traffic, blurring liquids, etc. It's a new type of chalk, new for 2023.

The Catholic Church is being blasted for it's conservative stance on abortions. Was the Pope intentionally misquoted by the A.P. ? Wouldn't it make more sense for the Pope to say "progressives (who support abortion) have replaced faith with ideology"?

Forum List

Back