Pope Francis sometimes sounds like a Christian (but even when so, he uses imprecise language)

rightnow909

Diamond Member
Oct 5, 2021
I read this article about Pope Francies speaking on February 27 "about the human tendency to focus on the faults of others, rather than our own flaws and harmful ways we often speak to one another" (the article said. This article is from the Southern Nebraska Register)

OK, no one can find fault w/ that... And it goes on to say a lot of other good things like:

God... does not see irredeemable errors in us but children who make mistakes... He does not concentrate on the mistakes, but on the children who make [them]. God always distinguishes the person from his errors. He always saves the person. He always believes in the person and is always ready to forgive errors... God always forgives. And he invites us to do likewise: not to look for evil in others, but good."

OK, no one can find fault w/ that.

Except that I do find some fault with it.

Errors?

Mortal sin, un-repented of, is a little more serious than an error or "mistake." And God does not ALWAYS forgive. He does not forgive if the person does not want to be forgiven.

And maybe, just maybe some of us get angry and say "unkind" things so called about certain politicians and others because they just keep on doing STUPID and worse: EVIL things...

Last edited:
LOL

no one cares what Pope F says... apparently

but really, he can say the greatest sounding stuff... then he throws a bunch of really bizarre stuff into t he mix..

maybe he has dementia like this other "world figure" does

which reminds me of that psg in the Bible For what shall it profit a man to gain the whole world but lose his soul?

Forum List

Back