Pope Francis is the most pro-Roma Pope in the entire history as far as I know

Mortimer

Gold Member
Sep 29, 2010
Kings of Con
*In Romania he met with the Gypsy community and apologised for past mistakes
*In Slovakia he met with the Gypsy community and told them "racism has no place in Christianity"

*Now he met with a Roma footballer or football couch from the Czech Republic and signed the football shirt

259536787_10215892356381326_4791465280056797211_n.jpg

I have no problem with those words of apologies. Same with other popes who addressed such to selective groups. The Catholic Church is made up of far more sinners than saints. Human faults are hard to shake. But one has to make a strong case how Protestantism is of a higher grace and truth and revelation. It cannot be.

As for me and many, our current pope is misguided in his main focuses. Forgiveness is well received, including the famous "who am I to judge" response. But he is so gung ho on climate change it is a direct detriment to spending more preaching on the salvation of souls. Too much demanding every unvetted Middle Easterner be allowed into every European country. No. Way to weak on the sexual abuse cover up. That is the Catholic Church's mortal wound. No one respects the Church any longer. They mock the clergy, too, as a whole, but I say that to one's own demise. He avoids a lot omitting preaching on sin in general. This pope is an enigma.

I'd like to see Francis invite the Gypsy King himself , Tyson Fury, to the Vatican.

Tyson Fury is Irish. He is not Roma, the Irish Travellers live in mobile homes, thats why they call themselfes Gypsies but they are not a seperate race and ethnic group, they are Irish.

Forum List

Back