Poor PR. forced to stay silent, else the orange guy will ignore them even more

tigerred59

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2015
Watching this poor governor of PR, meagerly beg for help from a white guy, who just recently found a map and decided to help. Where this a state inside the US, governors would be raising hell.

Watching this poor governor of PR, meagerly beg for help from a white guy, who just recently found a map and decided to help. Where this a state inside the US, governors would be raising hell.
There was a big spot on PBS Newshour on this last night. FEMA's got stuff over there but they are having trouble distributing it due to .... lots of infrastructure damage and having to get the equipment to the island to repair the infrastructure so they can get the generators and fuel and water and medicine and fuel where it needs to go. Communications are totally out in places. It's a mess.
A congresswoman from Puerto Rico last night was calling for the military to bring in their equipment and resources, with a general overseeing the whole operation, to coordinate all the help that is out there so it can get where it needs to go. They need helicopters etc. Big job. Don't know if they will take her advice.

I read a statement from their governor praising trump for his response.
This shit has been debunked time and time again.
Dumbass racist

There was a big spot on PBS Newshour on this last night. FEMA's got stuff over there but they are having trouble distributing it due to .... lots of infrastructure damage and having to get the equipment to the island to repair the infrastructure so they can get the generators and fuel and water and medicine and fuel where it needs to go. Communications are totally out in places. It's a mess.
A congresswoman from Puerto Rico last night was calling for the military to bring in their equipment and resources, with a general overseeing the whole operation, to coordinate all the help that is out there so it can get where it needs to go. They need helicopters etc. Big job. Don't know if they will take her advice.

From what I read they were using the available helicopters for Search and Rescue first. Plus using helicopters to move large amounts of materials is very inefficient. Better to try to get the roads opened to get trucks moving.

This is why it is imperative that any person who desires to protect themselves and keep their family safe have about a weeks worth of consumables with them, and the means to defend themselves while waiting for help to arrive if the shit really hits the fan.

• Banned
Listen, I get the disconnect, but com'on, if this were a place that had a bunch of depressed whites, a bridge would be intact yesterday. I for one hope these people rid themselves of power lined energy and get with the solar windmill technology.

Dumbass racist
They ARE having trouble. Did you see the mayor of San Juan on the news last night, crying? People are dying in her hospitals because the emergency generators ran out of diesel. She's exhausted from going door to door because they've got no coms.
It's perfectly possible that there's nothing we could have done differently, but things aren't going smoothly there.

Dumbass racist
They ARE having trouble. Did you see the mayor of San Juan on the news last night, crying? People are dying in her hospitals because the emergency generators ran out of diesel. She's exhausted from going door to door because they've got no coms.
It's perfectly possible that there's nothing we could have done differently, but things aren't going smoothly there.
I didnt say they were. I said the governor was praising Americas efforts. You can only do so much..

• Banned

From what I read they were using the available helicopters for Search and Rescue first. Plus using helicopters to move large amounts of materials is very inefficient. Better to try to get the roads opened to get trucks moving.

This is why it is imperative that any person who desires to protect themselves and keep their family safe have about a weeks worth of consumables with them, and the means to defend themselves while waiting for help to arrive if the shit really hits the fan.
This Typhoon-Proof Wind Turbine Can Produce Power In A Storm
A Japanese startup wants its renewable energy to thrive in strong winds, not be destroyed by them.
upload_2017-9-27_11-26-38.png
and we're talking coal mines

Listen, I get the disconnect, but com'on, if this were a place that had a bunch of depressed whites, a bridge would be intact yesterday. I for one hope these people rid themselves of power lined energy and get with the solar windmill technology.
Amen. Although windmills would get their asses kicked in a hurricane, I think. Power cables, when they are repaired, should be installed underground. Fuck the expense. And emergency generators and vast tanks of emergency fuel should be ON THE ISLAND prior to hurricane season. Brock said something like that last night. We are not a people that think about disasters BEFORE hand.

Dumbass racist
I didnt say they were. I said the governor was praising Americas efforts. You can only do so much..
I'm not blaming Trump. I'm just sayin things are hard. And what you said the first time? Wasn't exactly "You can only do so much."

Dumbass racist
I'm not blaming Trump. I'm just sayin things are hard. And what you said the first time? Wasn't exactly "You can only do so much."
I was replying to the racists OP. It wasnt needed.
She made it sound like trump is doing nothing more than scratching his droopy ball sack. Which is bullshit.

Amen. Although windmills would get their asses kicked in a hurricane, I think. Power cables, when they are repaired, should be installed underground. Fuck the expense. And emergency generators and vast tanks of emergency fuel should be ON THE ISLAND prior to hurricane season. Brock said something like that last night. We are not a people that think about disasters BEFORE hand.
fuck the expense? Every citizen in PR owe over 30K dollars. Half their population is dirt poor. How can you fuck the expense when you dont have the means to do anything?

Dumbass racist
This is a time to call on cruise ships that are still operating to come and perhaps take these people to other areas. There is a solution to this, that is available. Right now the only path way to this country is via water, why not commission cruise ships that have no problems taking people to this country, why not have at least 4 or 5 come to take people to safety or have them stay on this ships.

Watching all them damned power lines all over the place.....clearly its time PR come into some new tech or put the lines underground......fuck the expense, you are sooo right....by the time FEMA gets through with just this year alone, the coffers will be dry. This country will rule the day, we keep ignoring our failing infrastructure and our failures to regulate zoning areas/

With all the technology we got going on across the world, the US has yet to address its failing
infrastructure, but instead, talk coal mines, horse buggies and the KKK

fuck the expense? Every citizen in PR owe over 30K dollars. Half their population is dirt poor. How can you fuck the expense when you dont have the means to do anything?
I don't know, TN, but where there's a will, there's a way. Should be the same way in the rest of the U.S. When Maine had it's huge power fail during the icestorm of '98, it took weeks to get everyone back on line and months -- probably years-- to rebuild all the towers, etc. (They toppled like dominoes.)
Our natural gas lines are underground. Our water lines are underground. Why the hell can't the electric lines be underground as well?

I don't know, TN, but where there's a will, there's a way. Should be the same way in the rest of the U.S. When Maine had it's huge power fail during the icestorm of '98, it took weeks to get everyone back on line and months -- probably years-- to rebuild all the towers, etc. (They toppled like dominoes.)
Our natural gas lines are underground. Our water lines are underground. Why the hell can't the electric lines be underground as well?
I have seen estimates that it cost 10-14 times the cost of overhead. That would be a huge increase in electric usage. Can poor people afford that?
But the problem isnt us doing it, its PR. They have no money. None. And we even feed, give healthcare to and welfare to half the country..

The only reason you aren't hearing about help in Puerto Rico is because the media is too busy talking about a bunch of overpaid athletes not standing during a song

Dumbass racist
This is a time to call on cruise ships that are still operating to come and perhaps take these people to other areas. There is a solution to this, that is available. Right now the only path way to this country is via water, why not commission cruise ships that have no problems taking people to this country, why not have at least 4 or 5 come to take people to safety or have them stay on this ships.
The hospital ship Comfort has finally been ordered to deploy, but it will take up to a week for it to get there. Of course, it would have taken a few days to assess what would be needed, but considering the devastation in PR, you'd think they would have thought of a naval hospital ship a lot sooner. Cholera? Jesus.
The cruise ship idea is also a good one. I know Princess used at least one in the Virgin Islands for one of the other hurricanes (can't keep 'em straight anymore).

Forum List

Back