Polygamy effectively decriminalized in Utah

Since we no longer legally define marriage as between a male and a female, I don't see how we can legally stop a group of people wanting to all be married to each other.

I thought polygamy involved heterosexual relationships

How does gay marriage lead to polygamy?

The same legal arguments that made Gay Marriage legal will be used to make Polygamy or Multiple Partner marriages legal.
Wrong.

No one is challenging bigamy laws, which are valid and Constitutional in all 50 states.

Bigamy and polygamy are two completely different issues, one having nothing to do with the other; where the former concerns marriage, and the latter not.

Aw do you need a tissue for your butt-hurt?
Good i hope it eventually goes national.

I'm not the one with the Butt Hurt.. It's those that denied it would happen that are going to be the ones with all the Butt Hurt. I've said from the beginning, that if Same Sex Marriages are going to happen, all restrictions on marriages that aren't based on age will have to be lifted. There will be no argument that would be able to stand to make them illegal.
Ignorant idiocy.

You were correctly told it won't happen because it can't happen.

Did anyone bother to read the ruling?

The judge only struck down the portion of the Utah law that criminalizes cohabitation.

"Federal Judge Clark Waddoups in December struck the section of Utah’s bigamy statute that can be applied when someone "cohabits with another person" to whom they are not legally married. Utah law made such a union a felony punishable by up to five years in prison. Waddoups said the ban violated the First and 14th amendments to the Constitution.

Waddoups let stand the portion of the statute that prevents someone from having more than one active marriage license."

Judge finalizes apos Sister Wives apos ruling as both sides prepare for appeals The Salt Lake Tribune

Why must 99% of the threads the RWnuts post around here be LIES?

What is wrong with you people? Are you mentally retarded?

Aw do you need a tissue for your butt-hurt?
Good i hope it eventually goes national.

I'm not the one with the Butt Hurt.. It's those that denied it would happen that are going to be the ones with all the Butt Hurt. I've said from the beginning, that if Same Sex Marriages are going to happen, all restrictions on marriages that aren't based on age will have to be lifted. There will be no argument that would be able to stand to make them illegal.
where is the problem? This is how it should be.the universe doesnt give a shit who you "marry"

ROFLMAO>..

I told you this wasn't far off once Gay Marriages rolling..

Polygamy effectively decriminalized in Utah as judge strikes down ban in victory for husband and his FOUR wives who appear in TV show ‘Sister Wives’

A judge has ruled that parts of Utah's law banning polygamy are unconstitutional, effectively decriminalizing the practice, in a victory for the family that appears in the reality TV show 'Sister Wives'.

Kody Brown, who stars in the TLC reality show with his four wives, filed a lawsuit against the state after leaving Utah fearing prosecution after the programme aired.

Now a federal judge has issued his final ruling in the case that strikes down parts of the state's anti-polygamy law.

Stop being dense. What is going to happen is polygamists are going to demand that THEIR marriages be recognized by the State, and they will use the exact same arguments same sex marriage supporters use. And then THEY will be declared a protected class, and go around bullying bakers, photographers, and reception hall owners using government fiat.

Oh joyous days!

good.....people against it need to shut the fuck up and realize how pathetic they are.

Since we no longer legally define marriage as between a male and a female, I don't see how we can legally stop a group of people wanting to all be married to each other.
Also wrong.

Marriage contract law is written only to accommodate two persons, same-or opposite-sex, not three or more people, which is bigamy and illegal.
and it shouldnt be illegal period.

I'll bet dollars to doughnuts that polygamy
Forms of polygamy
Polygamy exists in three specific forms: polygyny - wherein a man has multiple simultaneous wives; polyandry - wherein a woman has multiple simultaneous husbands; or group marriage - wherein the family unit consists of multiple husbands and multiple wives. Anthropologists treat serial monogamy, in which divorce and remarriage occur, as a form of polygamy as it also establishes a series of households that continue to be tied by shared paternity and shared income.[15] Ambiguity arises when the broad term "polygamy" is used when a specific form of polygamy is being referred to. Additionally, different countries may or may not include all forms in their laws on polygamy.

Will be made legal and that the Bigamy

bigamy is the act of entering into a marriage with one person while still legally married to another

Laws will be gone.

You can't give a reason why a group of people who love each other won't be able to get married without having the same arguments used to support same sex marriages to shoot your argument down.

If you think you have one, bring it on... It won't stand.

I'll bet dollars to doughnuts that polygamy
Forms of polygamy
Polygamy exists in three specific forms: polygyny - wherein a man has multiple simultaneous wives; polyandry - wherein a woman has multiple simultaneous husbands; or group marriage - wherein the family unit consists of multiple husbands and multiple wives. Anthropologists treat serial monogamy, in which divorce and remarriage occur, as a form of polygamy as it also establishes a series of households that continue to be tied by shared paternity and shared income.[15] Ambiguity arises when the broad term "polygamy" is used when a specific form of polygamy is being referred to. Additionally, different countries may or may not include all forms in their laws on polygamy.

Will be made legal and that the Bigamy

bigamy is the act of entering into a marriage with one person while still legally married to another

Laws will be gone.

You can't give a reason why a group of people who love each other won't be able to get married without having the same arguments used to support same sex marriages to shoot your argument down.

If you think you have one, bring it on... It won't stand.

Monogamy is a relationship between 2 people. Polygamy is a relationship among 3 or more people. Equal protection under the law only applies to cases of sufficient similarity. Man/woman monogamy is sufficiently similar to man/man or woman/woman monogamy. Man and 2 women, or 5, or 10, or 50, is not.

Polygamy might get recognized somehow on its own merits but it can't claim equal protection rights. Therefore arguments to support same sex monogamy do not have to be 'shot down' to argue against the legal recognition of polygamous civil marriage.

I know that's a bit too complicated for a simpleton like you, but maybe a bright child somewhere can help you work through it.

ROFLMAO>..

Polygamy effectively decriminalized in Utah as judge strikes down ban in victory for husband and his FOUR wives who appear in TV show ‘Sister Wives’

A judge has ruled that parts of Utah's law banning polygamy are unconstitutional, effectively decriminalizing the practice, in a victory for the family that appears in the reality TV show 'Sister Wives'.

Kody Brown, who stars in the TLC reality show with his four wives, filed a lawsuit against the state after leaving Utah fearing prosecution after the programme aired.

Now a federal judge has issued his final ruling in the case that strikes down parts of the state's anti-polygamy law.
. A UK woman legally married her dog. It won't be long until it's happens here. Gay marriage advocates can no longer refute that anymore.

"I'm gonna be his bitch!"

ROFLMAO>..

. A UK woman legally married her dog. It won't be long until it's happens here. Gay marriage advocates can no longer refute that anymore.

"I gonna be his bitch!"

That's a pile of shit.

You heard your hero say this yesterday, so you repeated it here.

(by the way folks, AgeGuyIA loves Limgbaugh so much he has even saved a damp rag with Rush's sweat balls on it, I am NOT KIDDING. He has told this story, and is real proud of his saved Rush "memorabilia.").

No, Idiot -- a UK woman DID NOT legally marry her dog.

ROFLMAO>..

Kody Brown may be the dumbest man in America, who the fuck wants TWO wives , let alone FOUR.

Shit, sometimes I barely want the one I have
The feeling is likely mutual.
You're Bear's bitch?

ROFLMAO>..

Now your just being an ass,people just like yourself were told this would come up,yet you said it would not
Heterosexual marriage leads to polygamy, not gay marriage

Been that way for thousands of years

Personally, if three consenting adults want to form a marriage, why should I care?

Forum List

Back