POLL: Why did Trump take and keep the documents?

Why did Trump take and keep the classified documents?

• 1. He wanted to be able to show them off to friends and important people

Votes: 10 47.6%
  • 2. He wanted to use them as leverage for political, business and/or financial gain

Votes: 16 76.2%
  • 3. He didn't realize this was a problem, and no one told him

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • 4. There were no documents. What was removed had been planted

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5. I don't want to answer the question. I just want to complain

Votes: 1 4.8%

• Total voters
View attachment 686701

^^^ that's why ^^^

i'd also add because he truly believes he's a stable genius & will get away with it.
I wonder if it will ever come out. No doubt we're headed towards a shitstorm of avoidance tactics and diversion and all kinds of stalling tactics, but I sure would like to know.

With that crack group of elite attorneys, anything is possible.

I wonder if it will ever come out. No doubt we're headed towards a shitstorm of avoidance tactics and diversion and all kinds of stalling tactics, but I sure would like to know.

With that crack group of elite attorneys, anything is possible.

i don't know .... it seemed like forever just getting here & now i feel that damn has burst & people are sick of it including judges.

We know that the former President had classified documents at Mar-A-Lago, and we know that the National Archives was told that he had returned everything, which was not true. For the purposes of this poll, whether or not he had the power to issue blanket declassifications is irrelevant.

I'd just like to know why he wanted to take and hang on to documents that had been rated classified and above. That's a fair question, isn't it?

Ideas?

Considering he has been under attack by the Democrats and THEIR DOJ for 6 years and counting, maybe he wanted documents that would help him protect himself from an out-of- control DOJ.

We know that the former President had classified documents at Mar-A-Lago,
You don't know that. Your sources are the very people who've lied about Trump for years. But we do know that it is normal for presidents, all presidents to take home documents relating to their administration. We also know that a president has full and final authority over the classification of everything.

For the purposes of this poll, whether or not he had the power to issue blanket declassifications is irrelevant.
Only to your stupid, biased self. Since you just admitted the president has plenary power over classification, then it is moot to claim he had documents he isn't qualified to hold.

I'd just like to know why he wanted to take and hang on to documents that had been rated classified and above. That's a fair question, isn't it?
Just ask Merrick Garland. You can trust you'll get the truth from him! :auiqs.jpg:

Better question is if the FBI knew he had these terribly important documents which no one knew were missing for two years so terribly important and so afraid of every second of Trump riskily holding them, then WHY DID THEY WAIT THREE DAYS OVER AN ENTIRE WEEKEND AFTER THE WARRANT WAS ISSUED TO GO GET THEM?

And since when do mere agents at the FBI (federal police officers) have a higher security clearance than the president to see all this stuff? Huh? HUH? HUH?!

We know that the former President had classified documents at Mar-A-Lago, and we know that the National Archives was told that he had returned everything, which was not true. For the purposes of this poll, whether or not he had the power to issue blanket declassifications is irrelevant.

Ideas?

I honestly don't think he had any idea what was going on with the documents. As with almost everything, you guys give the blob way too much credit.
The guys you have to worry about were and are the political hacks around the blob. That being said.... take some time to think about the logistics of leaving an executive office where you also happen to reside. The first "family" lives there. Okay. Its moving day...the first trucks back up to the East Wing. Next to the golf bag and the clothes and the purse collection are nuclear secrets and other sensitive documents? Nope. Someone made a concerted effort to take these documents out of the White House/public domain. They were likely removed weeks ahead of time. This could be the "smoking gun" as to this scandal. When were the documents moved? Is there a record of declassification? If so, was the normal process of declassification followed? Clearly, an ex President can't declassify anything. So that would mean that any declassification would have to have occurred before 1/20/21. If they were removed during the campaign...that should be investigated further and further actions should be barred for future presidents.

I honestly don't think he had any idea what was going on with the documents. As with almost everything, you guys give the blob way too much credit.
The guys you have to worry about were and are the political hacks around the blob. That being said.... take some time to think about the logistics of leaving an executive office where you also happen to reside. The first "family" lives there. Okay. Its moving day...the first trucks back up to the East Wing. Next to the golf bag and the clothes and the purse collection are nuclear secrets and other sensitive documents? Nope. Someone made a concerted effort to take these documents out of the White House/public domain. They were likely removed weeks ahead of time. This could be the "smoking gun" as to this scandal. When were the documents moved? Is there a record of declassification? If so, was the normal process of declassification followed? Clearly, an ex President can't declassify anything. So that would mean that any declassification would have to have occurred before 1/20/21. If they were removed during the campaign...that should be investigated further and further actions should be barred for future presidents.
And of course whether the documents were de-classified or not is irrelevant.

Trump is in legal jeopardy because he’s in possession of national security and military intelligence documents improperly secured and stored.

Otherwise, yes, Trump likely has no idea what’s going on – he knew the documents existed, there are reports of Trump going through some of the documents, but anything more complex is doing of Trump henchmen.

Of course he did, because you were told that, it makes it so. :rolleyes-41:

His staff said the same thing for the past 6 years. Plus there's proof in his tweets and his betrayal of Israeli intelligence assets to the Russians. Trump is very stupid and headstrong.

Of course he did, because you were told that, it makes it so. :rolleyes-41:
Here is something else that makes it so

His staff said the same thing for the past 6 years. Plus there's proof in his tweets and his betrayal of Israeli intelligence assets to the Russians. Trump is very stupid and headstrong.

As always, he's playing the victim. We'll see.

I haven't gotten many straight responses to the question in the OP.

And the general response appears to be something in the neighborhood of "it's all fake news, Trump is a victim".

I am shocked. Shocked, I say. I'm very shocked over here.

"We're all victims. Everybody here. All these thousands of people here tonight. They're all victims. Every one of you."
Donald Trump, Valdosta, GA, December 5, 2020

1661507680393.png

When Trump was in office he often blabbed classified information to impress friends. It was an ongoing problem for his staff. Trump is a very needy guy.

needy & reckless & incompetent &........................................ ...................................._________________________________________________

A paying Mar-a-Lago member took photos of Trump being briefed on North Korea — and posted them to Facebook​

Natasha Bertrand
Feb 13, 2017, 11:53 AM

"Trump's National Security Adviser Michael Flynn and Chief Strategist Steve Bannon left their seats to huddle closer to Trump as documents were produced and phone calls were placed to officials in Washington and Tokyo," according to CNN. "The patio was lit only with candles and moonlight, so aides used the camera lights on their phones to help the stone-faced Trump and Abe read through the documents."

Richard DeAgazio, a retired investor and member of Mar-a-Lago, took photos of the scene and posted them on his Facebook page, which he has since deleted.

mar-a-lago

Screenshot/Facebook
mar a lago

Screenshot/Facebook
"HOLY MOLY !!!" DeAgazio wrote in a caption for another photo. "It was fascinating to watch the flurry of activity at dinner when the news came that North Korea had launched a missile in the direction of Japan. The Prime Minister Abe of Japan huddles with his staff and the president is on the phone with Washington DC. The two world leaders then conferred and then went into another room for hastily arranged press conference. Wow.....the center of the action!!!"
A paying Mar-a-Lago member took photos of Trump being briefed on North Korea — and posted them to Facebook

:113:

Good link. Thanks

Forum List

Back