POLL: Why did Trump take and keep the documents?

Why did Trump take and keep the classified documents?

• 1. He wanted to be able to show them off to friends and important people

Votes: 10 47.6%
  • 2. He wanted to use them as leverage for political, business and/or financial gain

Votes: 16 76.2%
  • 3. He didn't realize this was a problem, and no one told him

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • 4. There were no documents. What was removed had been planted

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5. I don't want to answer the question. I just want to complain

Votes: 1 4.8%

• Total voters

Mac1958

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2011
Opposing Authoritarian Ideological Fundamentalism.
We know that the former President had classified documents at Mar-A-Lago, and we know that the National Archives was told that he had returned everything, which was not true. For the purposes of this poll, whether or not he had the power to issue blanket declassifications is irrelevant.

I'd just like to know why he wanted to take and hang on to documents that had been rated classified and above. That's a fair question, isn't it?

Ideas?

We know that the former President had classified documents at Mar-A-Lago,
No we don’t know that.
and we know that the National Archives was told that he had returned everything,

No. We also don’t “know” that.
which was not true. For the purposes of this poll, whether or not he had the power to issue blanket declassifications is irrelevant.

I'd just like to know why he wanted to take and hang on to documents that had been rated classified and above. That's a fair question, isn't it?

No. It’s a dumb question and irrelevant.
Yeah. You’re a dope.

We know that the former President had classified documents at Mar-A-Lago, and we know that the National Archives was told that he had returned everything, which was not true. For the purposes of this poll, whether or not he had the power to issue blanket declassifications is irrelevant.

Ideas?

I have read at least 2 stories since the raid that cited White House insiders that the Trump's ddn't start packing until the the last minute and crap was just being tossed in boxes as quickly as possible to get the stuff ready for the movers.

I have read at least 2 stories since the raid that cited White House insiders that the Trump's ddn't start packing until the the last minute and crap was just being tossed in boxes as quickly as possible to get the stuff ready for the movers.
I read from a reliable source that Trump hired some blonde bombshell to pack his papers in those
boxes and she just was sloppy in doing so. :smoke:

I read from a reliable source that Trump hired some blonde bombshell to pack his papers in those
boxes and she just was sloppy in doing so. :smoke:

If they were covered in pee, then the story is self-proving.

I see a pissing match between the Trump hating archivist and Trump.

A lot of the notes the president creates are classified.
Don't forget, Obama stated that the gov't classifies way too much info.

One of the articles from the media recently had a line where Trump said something to the affect of 'these are mine' referring to some of the doc's He had in His possession.

So now we, once again, have selective leaks coming out of DOJ, just like during Mueller and other 'investigations'.

Personal records are defined as:
“documentary materials or any reasonably segregable portion thereof, of a purely private or nonpublic
character, which do not relate to or have an effect upon the carrying out of the constitutional, statutory,
or other official or ceremonial duties of the President” and which include “diaries, journals, or other
personal notes serving as the functional equivalent of a diary or journal which are not prepared or utilized
for, or circulated or communicated in the course of, transacting Government business,” “private political
associations” and “materials relating exclusively to the President’s own election to the office of the
Presidency” [44 U.S.C. § 2201(3)].

Personal records remain the personal property of the President or the record creator.
Records created by the President-elect and the transition team are also considered personal records.
To the extent that these records are received and used after the inauguration by the incoming
Presidential Administration, they may become Presidential or Federal records. Former Presidents have
traditionally donated these personal transition records to the National Archives and Records
Administration for deposit in their Presidential Library.

https://www.archives.gov/files/guid...-archives-and-records-administration-2020.pdf

I see a pissing match between the Trump hating archivist and Trump.

A lot of the notes the president creates are classified.
Don't forget, Obama stated that the gov't classifies way too much info.

One of the articles from the media recently had a line where Trump said something to the affect of 'these are mine' referring to some of the doc's He had in His possession.

So now we, once again, have selective leaks coming out of DOJ, just like during Mueller and other 'investigations'.

https://www.archives.gov/files/guid...-archives-and-records-administration-2020.pdf
Did you even read this thing? I don't think you did.

It's all about the munty hunty!

That grifting son-of-a-bitch would sell his own mother if it made him a few more shillings.

Number 2 all the way.
We don't use shillings here, liar.

It would help to know what all the documents were.. So far, we have classified documents consisting of some letters from Kim Jong Un. A secret document described as the menu for a birthday dinner on White House stationary. A top secret document described as a note shitstain obama left in the Resolute desk.

What else?

We don't use shillings here, liar.
Fine, Pesos and he would not only sell his mother but his two daughters and three sons and all those that voted for him!

Ideas?

Number two because that is what Trump does.

1661380100366.png

^^^ that's why ^^^

i'd also add because he truly believes he's a stable genius & will get away with it.

Forum List

Back