Poll: U.S. Voters (Overwhelmingly) Want Their Old Election System Back

Democrats are winning elections now because they've managed to institute COVID-era rules in the right places, and are taking advantage of mass mail-in balloting and ballot harvesting.

FUNNY, ISN'T IT?
  • Mention preserving our national norms and traditions which form our identity as Americans and--- Democrats are against it.
  • Mention protecting human life, children, women, babies and the unborn, and--- Democrats are against it.
  • Mention protecting morality, ethics, decency, and family values and--- Democrats are against it.
  • Mention protecting the integrity of elections with strict controls, local access, thorough bookkeeping, and voter ID to assure minimal cheating and best accuracy in assuring our votes count and we get the most accurate result and--- Democrats are against it. :smoke:
They are against free choice, freedom of thought, freedom of speech, diversity of ideas, and inclusion; they want to control what I drive, what I eat, what news I read, and how much energy I use.

They want the opportunity to do whatever they want for themselves, yet wanted me snuffed out of existence, fired from my job, excluded from supermarkets just for not wearing a piece of cloth on my face and getting an experimental shot that makes many sick or worse and never really protects me, or them, and wouldn't even let me hear both sides of the Covid facts by having the government suppress views, reports and opinions from experts whose conclusions were different from what they wanted me to believe.

Now they will be apeshit crazy mad now because we should go back to how we used to vote the past 100 years? Yet I didn't hear one complaint from any of them in 2012, 2014, 2016, or 2018 that we needed to go to voting by mail and unattended drop boxes. Now they'll have it no other way.

Gee, offhand, I'd say that if you aren't willing to go down to the local voting station operated by your borough in a way to maximize voting integrity and accuracy, you really aren't all that interested in voting, and don't really care about democracy working or being a good American.

Last edited:
Democrats are winning elections now because they've managed to institute COVID-era rules in the right places, and are taking advantage of mass mail-in balloting and ballot harvesting. But it turns out that a *large* majority of US voters don't want this system, and want it changed back.

U.S. Voters (Overwhelmingly) Want Their Old Election System Back: I&I/TIPP Poll

As 2022 nears an end, another election season has also come to a close. Time for second thoughts, and ideas about what to do to fix an election system that many Americans believe is irretrievably broken. As it turns out, voters have some very strong opinions about that very topic, the latest I&I/TIPP Poll shows.

The recent midterm elections were once again marked by claims of voter fraud and possible ballot manipulation behind the scenes by partisan actors, including even election officials. So we asked Americans of all political stripes and demographic backgrounds what rules and practices would they support to make our electoral system more fair?

More specifically, in our online I&I/TIPP Poll, taken from Dec. 7-9, we asked 1,094 registered voters to select among three possible reforms or rule changes: “Requiring voters to show a photo I.D. to vote,” “Stricter mail-in voting,” and “Banning ballot harvesting.”

The answers showed an overwhelming sentiment in favor of change.
Yeah I know it's a TIPP poll but I figure it's pretty accurate, at least amongst the sane.

Read the full article at the link for the results of the poll; but TL;DR is that in all three cases, voters - even Democrats - want the rules changed back, and want more election security after the past 2 elections.

But we're in a catch 22. In order to change the rules back, we'd need to win elections to put people in place who would enact those changes. But we can't win those elections because of the rules.

When people talk about a rigged election system, this is what they're talking about. Our elections have been hijacked, and there doesn't appear to be a realistic path to unfucking the situation.

Republicans are winning elections despite the fact that they're getting less votes.

Since 1990, there have been eight Presidential elections. Democrats have gained more votes than Republican in SEVEN of those, and the other one was when Bush was the incumbent. Republicans have managed to win three of these elections.

Since 1990 in the House the Republicans have gained more votes in 2022, 2016, 2014, 2010, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998 and 1994. 9 times in 17 elections, about half. However they have one ELEVEN of those elections, winning twice with less votes than the Democrats in 1996 and 2012.

In the Senate, taking the previous three elections, adding up the number of votes from those three previous elections, the Democrats have had a majority of those votes since 2002. Right now (after the 2022 elections) they have a 15,641,297 majority. In this time they've held the Senate FOUR TIMES.

So the reality is the current election system BENEFITS THE REPUBLICANS. They've won more Presidents, more Houses and more Senates that the votes say they should have.

With a Proportional Representation system, the Republicans would be much, MUCH worse off because they'd actually have to fight on a FAIR PLAYING FIELD.

Ever heard a Republican demand Proportional Representation? No, neither have I.

Don't these voters know that they were already changed back and absentee voting was already made stricter by all republican states and their legislatures passing election reform laws???

I guess the voters don't know what has been done, nor do you??
All Democrats need to do to swing a Red state is control the most populated counties.
They wait for all of the other counties to report in and then manufacture the votes needed to swing the state Blue.

FUNNY, ISN'T IT?
  • Mention preserving our national norms and traditions which form our identity as Americans and--- Democrats are against it.
  • Mention protecting human life, children, women, babies and the unborn, and--- Democrats are against it.
  • Mention protecting morality, ethics, decency, and family values and--- Democrats are against it.
  • Mention protecting the integrity of elections with strict controls, local access, thorough bookkeeping, and voter ID to assure minimal cheating and best accuracy in assuring our votes count and we get the most accurate result and--- Democrats are against it. :smoke:
They are against free choice, freedom of thought, freedom of speech, diversity of ideas, and inclusion; they want to control what I drive, what I eat, what news I read, and how much energy I use.

They want the opportunity to do whatever they want for themselves, yet wanted me snuffed out of existence, fired from my job, excluded from supermarkets just for not wearing a piece of cloth on my face and getting an experimental shot that makes many sick or worse and never really protects me, or them, and wouldn't even let me hear both sides of the Covid facts by having the government suppress views, reports and opinions from experts whose conclusions were different from what they wanted me to believe.

Now they will be apeshit crazy mad now because we should go back to how we used to vote the past 100 years? Yet I didn't hear one complaint from any of them in 2012, 2014, 2016, or 2018 that we needed to go to voting by mail and unattended drop boxes. Now they'll have it no other way.

Gee, offhand, I'd say that if you aren't willing to go down to the local voting station operated by your borough in a way to maximize voting integrity and accuracy, you really aren't all that interested in voting, and don't really care about democracy working or being a good American.
That too funny…

Mention that a peaceful transfer of power in America after elections is a national norm and republics disagree.

Mention that a right of privacy exists in our Constitution and has been a national norm for 50 years and republics disagree.

Mention is on that ethics, morality and honesty are important and republics elect trump, green, boobert and now George santos.

Mention that more people should be able involved in out Democracy thru voting and republics disagree. Republic pols then work to devolve to white men landowners only voting club.

Free choice? You’re talking only of republic approved choices, not free choice.

Forum List

Back