POLL: Romney's VP

He needs moderates and sane people and Pawlenty could help him get that.

Exactly! Ryan has that same "people" talent with Joe average but his political talents are necessary elsewhere.

Jindal is a walking talking human calculator that probably appeals to Mitt but am not sure how well he would appeal to the public in general.

Romney's "handlers" aren't going to be making any choices. They can evaluate and express their opinion but it's Romney who's giving them their final once over.

Exactly! Ryan has that same "people" talent with Joe average but his political talents are necessary elsewhere.

Jindal is a walking talking human calculator that probably appeals to Mitt but am not sure how well he would appeal to the public in general.

Romney's "handlers" aren't going to be making any choices. They can evaluate and express their opinion but it's Romney who's giving them their final once over.
Except that Romney doesn't need the establishment squish vote...That constituency is already all his.

Aside from providing assassination insurance, you generally pic a VP who brings to the table something that you don't already have.

Have to disagree..............

The VP list was created long before 6-24 with a whole load of people on it, inluding Rubio, Christie, Paul Ryan, yada yada. Ryan has also previously said he did not want the job for very obvious reasons.

The list of 4 just hit the news today. So why is Ryan on it if he's already said he'd be far more important as head of the Budget committee?

Don't believe everything you hear. Supreme court? List of 4??

Blink - it'll all change.

OK - since you understand that principle

you should be able to pinpoint exactly which of these 4 he'll pick by what you think Romney "needs" and which of the 4 choices can fill those "needs."

Right??

Sooooo........I'll wait :)

If you honestly think Romney is making this choice on his own, then you don't understand your candidate.

Ryan is a dishonest hack and only appeals to rabid right wingers. Going with him would ensure an Obama victory. But hey, like I said, we'll see what the handlers pick.

I don't have a clue how to set up a poll but the word is out that these are Romney's final 4.

And your choice is who and why?

1] Rob Portman - OH
2] Tim Pawlenty - MN
3] Paul Ryan - WI
4 - Bobby Jindal - LA

I choose T-Paw. Very competent. Blue collar background that can soften Romney's "elitist" image and attract the middle class.

Rob - don't know enough about him.

Ryan - need him as Treasury Sec

Surprised he picked Bobby but I agree he's very competent, average Joe and from the South.

Next?

Romney needs someone who packs energy and excitement and of the ones you mentioned, Paul Ryan would be my guess, even though you are right---we do need him as Treasury Secretary. Something has to give??? He has and is vetting many competent people.

If you honestly think Romney is making this choice on his own, then you don't understand your candidate.

Perhaps the problem here is that you are weak on reading comprehension.

I did not say Romney would make this choice "on his own." That's why he has Beth Meyers working on the VP project. She knows what he wants, needs, etc. She and the "handlers" can create a list and run them thru hoops.

I repeat what I wrote: They can evaluate and express their opinion

But Romney will be making the final decision and he really doesn't give a flying ferk what your opinion of Ryan or the others may be, now does he?? :)

Ryan is a dishonest hack and only appeals to rabid right wingers. Going with him would ensure an Obama victory. But hey, like I said, we'll see what the handlers pick.

And who exactly do you think is making Romney's pick if not Romney?

1] Rob Portman - OH Low key guy, and could help seal OH
2] Tim Pawlenty - MN Milk toast moderate just like Mitt.
3] Paul Ryan - WI I like him, but I see him in the big chair some day
4 - Bobby Jindal - LA Good play, young, immagrants son, conservative. Bad choice since he'd be hated upon as the token darky, unless the GOP could spin the dnc hate machine against them

If it's just energy and excitement..............

it would be Jindal. That kid can really wake you up when he gets going.

I'm aware of Jindal's accomplishments but that energy level and hi-speed mouth sometimes reminds me more of Sarah Palin.....and I ain't no fan of hers. I would be afraid too many others might see the same comparison.

It came out of Romney's camp

That's all that was said other than the list of names.

so we dont have any confirmed sources. we dont have anything official. Nor any link to any news story on it. As far as im concerned its just speculation.

My guess of the four Id choose Ryan or Portman.

Interesting...............

1] Rob Portman - OH Low key guy, and could help seal OH

Maybe. But doesn't that also translate into MN milk toast?

2] Tim Pawlenty - MN Milk toast moderate just like Mitt.

I'm an Indie, very moderate. I have serious problems with the super left and right because both are just too extreme. And I don't believe, bottom line, that the majority of this country belongs to either of these minorities. I can deal with moderate. I can deal with milquetoast. I can deal with bland and ordinary. As long as you make sense and don't come across as some version of Elmer Gantry.

3] Paul Ryan - WI I like him, but I see him in the big chair some day

Agreed! He's my man! Lots of respect for that kid and his willingness to stick his head under the blade.

4 - Bobby Jindal - LA Good play, young, immagrants son, conservative. Bad choice since he'd be hated upon as the token darky, unless the GOP could spin the dnc hate machine against them

Exactly! And as critical as this election is, I'm not sure Romney should hand them that kind of ammunition.

Forum List

Back