Zone1 Poll: Reparations

Should taxpayers money go for reparations for slavery?

• Yes, I think we all should contribute.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Meathead

Diamond Member
Jan 6, 2012
Prague, Czech Republic
You names will be visible, but if you wish you can state your ethnicity or race.

Everybody would pay for reparations but only blacks who can prove slave ancestors in the US would receive them. Obama and Kamala would not be recipients for example, but could Obama's daughter get a half share.

Give it to them but under one condition... they can never talk about race and skin color again.... no talk about white supremacy or segregation or their imaginary rights being removed....

Only estates & families in the US during slavery should ever be taxed for reparations. Most of US came here after the civil war & in no way profited from slavery.

Give it to them under one condition… they leave the United States permanently, leave all their personal property behind, and give up their US Citizenship.

If they have been so universally wronged by this country and want financial compensation, then they should not be wanting to be here or be reminded of this place ever again.

Only estates & families in the US during slavery should ever be taxed for reparations. Most of US came here after the civil war & in no way profited from slavery.

The amount of ancestry research and dna testing would be astronomical, as well as the lawsuits from folks who were wrongly ID'd as being a descendant of a slave owner.

As far as I know nobody in my family ever owned slaves.

However, speaking just for myself I just can't wait to give the money that I worked to earn to a Negro that didn't earn it.

You know, for social justice.

Last edited:
So its your position that those who's ancestors refused the Liberia option waived any reparations for their descendants?

That's as logical as reparations from today's society which had nothing to do with slavery.

Everybody would pay for reparations but only blacks who can prove slave ancestors in the US would receive them. Obama and Kamala would not be recipients for example, but could Obama's daughter get a half share.
We all paid 10 trillion in the Great Society. Look what we got. Crap hole ghettos

We could give every black 100k and not a GD thing would change. They'd blow through the money in a year and then what?

Give it to them but under one condition... they can never talk about race and skin color again.... no talk about white supremacy or segregation or their imaginary rights being removed....
Nope. There were no conditions for anyone else.

We all paid 10 trillion in the Great Society. Look what we got. Crap hole ghettos

We could give every black 100k and not a GD thing would change. They'd blow through the money in a year and then what?
You don't seem to understand that the great society programs just weren't for blacks.

As for your second sentence, you're wrong again.

Absolutely not. It makes no sense, for example, for a high school educated worker to pitch in to a fund that goes to a lawyer or doctor (who may have ALREADY have benefited via affirmative action).

Instead, to help blacks (and all races) succeed in this country, I would support a fund that provides a fully-paid state college education to anyone graduating in the top 5% of their high school class, and from a home with a HHI of less than $100,000.

Education is the key. I would much rather pay towards that than a fund to allocate money to blacks because ancestors they never knew were slaves.

So its your position that those who's ancestors refused the Liberia option waived any reparations for their descendants?

That's as logical as reparations from today's society which had nothing to do with slavery.
Why do whites who think like you repat this dumb ass line after the government paying others for things todays society had nothing to do with?

This is a case against the government. You will have paid taxes. There will be no special tax for reparations to blacks. Since none of you will be members of congress, you have no say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back