POLL: Kool Aid

Poll: ever heard of Kool Aid as a racial stereotype?

• Yes, I heard of this before the Brian Kilmeade comment

Votes: 18 35.3%
  • No, I never heard of this befor the Brian Kilmeade comment

Votes: 30 58.8%
  • Pineapple

Votes: 3 5.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Nope. No dope smokin' here. Just plain ol iced tea.:)
I like iced tea too. :)

Sweet tea, which is southern. Southerners owned slaves.

Guess I'm a racist then?
You have a vivid imagination. I'd bet every cent I had that a Black person invented sweet tea and some white person took credit for it because they wrote down the recipe.

"Recipe"? Ten pounds of sugar to a pint of water is a "recipe"?

That's not "credit" -- that's "blame". :lol:

You have a vivid imagination. I'd bet every cent I had that a Black person invented sweet tea and some white person took credit for it because they wrote down the recipe.
You'd lay down all your 3 bucks you had on that? Maybe you can find someone who would honor your food stamps.
Maybe you can find someone to give you a hair lice treatment and a banana?

Guess I'm a racist then?

I tried to feed that shit to my hummingbirds. They spat it out and came at me saying "Dood, what the FUCK?"

That's a direct quote too.

Guess I'm a racist then?

I tried to feed that shit to my hummingbirds. They spat it out and came at me saying "Dood, what the FUCK?"

That's a direct quote too.
Why are you trying to kill hummingbirds? 4 parts water to 1 part sugar. I'm surprised they didnt attack you.

0270b0f73a194a094d56878e6c5afba7.jpg

I have never heard of Kool Aid being a racial stereotype. I think I was raised on it because we were poor and my parents had a lot of kids. Kool Aid goes a long way for little money.

Never heard of it. I knew poor people drink it a lot....it's cheap and mixed with water it tastes good.

Yes, but it was more of stereotype more associated with poor people. As a poor kid it was a staple in our house.

Here's at least two comments as a stereotype for "poor". I've never considered that either, although if I thought about it, Kool Aid would not be something I'd expect in a rich person's house -- obviously it's not Perrier -- but the reverse didn't occur to me.

I suspect what this poll might ferret out is not so much how many of us heard of this one or that one, but how seriously we lean on stereotype in general. I have to admit, I'm not one to take them seriously.
I don't think people are saying it's a stereotype for 'poor,' only that we drank it a lot when we were growing up because it was cheap and our families didn't have much money. It was a staple in my family when I was growing up. We were low economic working class people.

It is way cheaper than pop and it masked the crude taste of our well water.

Pop? Pfffffft! It is called soda.

Maybe to you Southern Visigoths but us bumpkins up here in Appalachia call it pop.

I was raised in NY......and California......and Florida.

It is soda.................everywhere that has it right, that is.

Snob. I bet you gasp when you hear jelly instead of All Fruit. :lol:

I've never heard of "all fruit". It must not exist.
It doesn't mean it doesn't exist, it means it is not general knowledge, and stereotypes are general knowledge.

Forum List

Back