Poll: GOP Support Shifts to Ron DeSantis over Donald Trump by 7 Points

Persuader

Diamond Member
Jul 8, 2020
This should not surprise anyone.....Trump needs to understand that he is no longer a viable candidate and have a meeting with DeSantis to offer his support.....Trump can continue to try and make a comeback or he can realize the best thing he can now do for the Republican Party as well as America is to support DeSantis to his best ability....he needs to put all his efforts into uniting the Republican Party under the banner of DeSantis...the most electable politician the Repubican Party has.

You moron, that is exactly what the democrats WANT you to think and you fell right for it. Nothing would make them happier than if you dumped Trump because then you'd accomplish for them the one thing they've tried to do for years but couldn't.

DeSantis will be far easier to control, dismiss and eviscerate.

You moron, that is exactly what the democrats WANT you to think and you fell right for it. Nothing would make them happier than if you dumped Trump because then you'd accomplish for them the one thing they've tried to do for years but couldn't.

DeSantis will be far easier to control, dismiss and eviscerate.

I'm wondering if the new never-TRUMPer's have a plan for how they will defend the support from RINO's for DeSantis.

I'm wondering if the new never-TRUMPer's have a plan for how they will defend the support from RINO's for DeSantis.

There's nothing to defend. RINOS are the dhimmis of the political world. They took Trump's endorsement of hundreds of people whom 90% of which got elected leading them to again have to resort to election fraud to minimize, so they can now spin that off into a new argument blaming Trump as a device hoping to break up his support.

There is nothing that government-house would like better than to get Trump off their backs, and that is all anyone should need to know.

Only an idiot thinks the transition from running a state to the whole country isn't a huge one, or that whatever DeSantis does now would translate over to how he would run the country or COULD, if he ever chooses to even try.

Always worry anytime a democrat wants to help "save" the GOP from "themselves."

This should not surprise anyone.....Trump needs to understand that he is no longer a viable candidate and have a meeting with DeSantis to offer his support.....Trump can continue to try and make a comeback or he can realize the best thing he can now do for the Republican Party as well as America is to support DeSantis to his best ability....he needs to put all his efforts into uniting the Republican Party under the banner of DeSantis...the most electable politician the Repubican Party has.

In today's most recent Republican poll, DeSantis now leads by 23 points. Soon, everyone will agree that trump is finished. The writing is on the wall. Time for Republicans to claim all that campaign money trump has collected before he commits another case of fraud with it.. if he hasn't done so already.

Make no mistake, if trump is the candidate to run I'd vote for him in a heartbeat. But, if desantis is the candidate I will vote for him as well.

I like trump. Despite his big mouth I can't argue his stats. But desantis is trump 2.0. He wants what's best for America but he has a more focused plan of attack and a calmer demeanor.

Desantis is just like captain Piccard. He will take care of everything and do it with a direct, measured and calm attitude. You know when Piccard is in the captains chair you'll be just fine and he makes you feel like you'll be fine.

Actually I'd like to see trump as president with desantis as vice president. Trump can have his four years to be the bulldozer this country needs to clear out the junk and then desantis can come in and rebuild and maintain.

But the ideal situation is desantis as president and tulsi gabbard as vice president. Those 2 combined would be able to undo the damage to America in short order.

Make no mistake, if trump is the candidate to run I'd vote for him in a heartbeat. But, if desantis is the candidate I will vote for him as well.

I like trump. Despite his big mouth I can't argue his stats. But desantis is trump 2.0. He wants what's best for America but he has a more focused plan of attack and a calmer demeanor.

Desantis is just like captain Piccard. He will take care of everything and do it with a direct, measured and calm attitude. You know when Piccard is in the captains chair you'll be just fine and he makes you feel like you'll be fine.

Actually I'd like to see trump as president with desantis as vice president. Trump can have his four years to be the bulldozer this country needs to clear out the junk and then desantis can come in and rebuild and maintain.

But the ideal situation is desantis as president and tulsi gabbard as vice president. Those 2 combined would be able to undo the damage to America in short order.
But who's going to undo all the damage that they do to America in the name of GOD, while they wrap themselves in the flag. Just what America needs more fascists.

"They took Trump's endorsement of hundreds of people whom 90% of which got elected leading them to again have to resort to election fraud to minimize,..."

You know, I keep seeing that MAGA-Q talking point. That Trump's 'endorsees' were 90% successful.

Ummm, there's some nuance there though.

First, his highest profile 'Election Denier' favs....Lake, DiPerno, Dixon, Masters, Karamo, et al. .....all got flattened. Not to mention Mo Brooks, who Trump strongly endorsed...until he didn't. (In fact, that romance turned sour despite Mo Brooks being on Trump's stage on the Ellipse on January 6th. Brooks has this to say about his former endorser: “Donald Trump has proven himself to be dishonest, disloyal, incompetent, crude and a lot of other things that alienate so many independents and Republicans. Even a candidate who campaigns from his basement can beat him.”

OK, but moving beyond those high profile folks going for important jobs......well, many other Trump enorseee did win. But, much if not all of that was simply 'padding the score'. I mean, how consequential is Trump's endorsement when the Republican incumbent was running unopposed in a district that was overwhelmingly gerrymandered to be red?
In short, many, most, maybe all of his 'wins'....were with candidates that would have won anyway. Would have won even if DonnyT had keeled over on the floor with a BigMac in his hand months before the election.

In short, it was sorta like betting on the Yankees to win when they have a 9-0 lead in the 9th. Not a lot of risk.

IMHO

What makes you think that DeSantis both thinks he can beat Sleepy Joe, or even wants to be President?

If that was DeSantis line of thinking, he wouldn't have just run for reelection in Florida. Instead he would be leaving office so he can work fulltime shaking greasy hands and kissing ugly babies in Iowa.

Forum List

Back