Politifact backs up Ted Cruz statement on Global warming, well kind of.

Wyatt earp

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2012
Not sure where to put this..I just thought it was interesting because I keep hearing the whole world agrees.

The stupid party

California Governor Jerry Brown (Democrat) responded to Cruz’s statement [link]:

“What he said is absolutely false,” Brown said — adding that the vast majority of climate scientists believe that climate change is man-made. He said that climate change had contributed to both California’s drought and record snowfalls in parts of the Northeast. “So, it’s climate disruption of many different kinds,” Brown added. “And that man betokens such a level of ignorance and a direct falsification of scientific data. It’s shocking and I think that man has rendered himself absolutely unfit to be running for office.”

Politifact chimes in with this evaluation of Cruz’s statements:

Cruz does have a point: There’s been little global temperature change since 1998, and the temperatures measured are lower than what many computer models had predicted.

However, focusing on that period essentially means cherry-picking a timeframe that starts at an extremely warm year and ignores that the first decade of the 21st century — even as it’s been stable — has been the warmest on record. While scientists don’t deny that there’s been a recent “pause” in warming, they expect it to be a temporary trend. Not only is one anomalous period not enough to undercut longer-term projections....

Just politifact making up stories to help the right again. Same old same old.

If you ask me they are almost playing the truth , since you didn't bother to read the rest of the link.

Damn almost got a AGW cult member to read Dr.Judith Curry

Just politifact making up stories to help the right again. Same old same old.

If you ask me they are almost playing the truth , since you didn't bother to read the rest of the link.

Damn almost got a AGW cult member to read Dr.Judith Curry
If you want to catch a democrat use....
Catfish-Bait_1573.jpg

Not sure where to put this..I just thought it was interesting because I keep hearing the whole world agrees.

The stupid party

California Governor Jerry Brown (Democrat) responded to Cruz’s statement [link]:

“What he said is absolutely false,” Brown said — adding that the vast majority of climate scientists believe that climate change is man-made. He said that climate change had contributed to both California’s drought and record snowfalls in parts of the Northeast. “So, it’s climate disruption of many different kinds,” Brown added. “And that man betokens such a level of ignorance and a direct falsification of scientific data. It’s shocking and I think that man has rendered himself absolutely unfit to be running for office.”

Cruz does have a point: There’s been little global temperature change since 1998, and the temperatures measured are lower than what many computer models had predicted.

However, focusing on that period essentially means cherry-picking a timeframe that starts at an extremely warm year and ignores that the first decade of the 21st century — even as it’s been stable — has been the warmest on record. While scientists don’t deny that there’s been a recent “pause” in warming, they expect it to be a temporary trend. Not only is one anomalous period not enough to undercut longer-term projections....
Exactly what Republicans do. Cherry pick.

The stupid party

"Global cooling is caused by global warming"...Al Gore
"New York city will be UNDER WATER by 2016"...Al Gore
"The artic will vanish by 2020"..Al Gore

No need to cherry pick, one idiot says it all.

The stupid party

I would explain but it'll fall on deaf ears.

It's 60 in Michigan today. Does that prove anything?

The stupid party

Snow shovel and rock salt sales are in the toilet.

The stupid party

I bought a Polaris 570 quad and I can't play on the ice but I'm sure mother winters gonna rear her ugly head anyday.

We just don't want the ocean warming up 2 degrees. Won't be good. And we need to clean up the planet anyways. We're ruining it

The stupid party

I bought a Polaris 570 quad and I can't play on the ice but I'm sure mother winters gonna rear her ugly head anyday.

We just don't want the ocean warming up 2 degrees. Won't be good. And we need to clean up the planet anyways. We're ruining it
Lets get this right. YOU bought a 570 quad for no reason but PURE self enjoyment and it DOES leave an UN-NEEDED carbon foot print and you are complaining to US about two degrees in an ocean that on its BEST day is a MAYBE?
Do us ALL a favor and shut the hell up.

The stupid party

Lmao, you bought a Polaris 570 just to play and have the gall to bitch about fossil fuels and man made climate change?

Holy crap, the AGW cult taught you well. Frickin hilarious.

Lmao, you bought a Polaris 570 just to play and have the gall to bitch about fossil fuels and man made climate change?

So someone who wants the world to go green can't own a quad?

And I bought it mostly for the 65 acres my brother bought up north. We hunt and the property needs a lot of work.

I live on a lake so winterfest and ice fishing are going to finally be fun for me! Don't hate.

Do you know I drive a fossel fuel car too and right now I have too many things plugged in?

And I bought it mostly for the 65 acres my brother bought up north. We hunt and the property needs a lot of work.

I live on a lake so winterfest and ice fishing are going to finally be fun for me! Don't hate.

Do you know I drive a fossel fuel car too and right now I have too many things plugged in?

That's all cool and all, so what's all this fascination with man made climate change and the fear mongering behind it? Or you really don't believe the hype do you?

Do you believe the world is not getting warmer?
Do you believe humans are not responsible?

Its NOT hate but you ARE making the CLASSIC liberal argument that you want what you want but OTHERS need to cut back.

Yes and yes. The whole subject makes me angry. I don't know why I read this thread? Normal weather patterns have been coming and going since forever. 25K mile circumference Rock on fire in middle orbit around another giant ball of fire and you think if we drive more Prius it make difference?

Come on man wake up. This is scam to confiscate money. The only things I worry about are Sun burning out and Mexicans taking dump in Artichoke fields. Leave me alone! Make China and India clean up their bad air...........if they want to they will. Plenty of science says GW is normal cycles.

Yes and yes.

Well, sorry, but you're wrong on both counts. Plenty of science does NOT say that this warming is a normal cycle. Sorry you're all angry and all but I'd be a lot more impressed if you were angered by the truth.

Yes and yes. The whole subject makes me angry. I don't know why I read this thread? Normal weather patterns have been coming and going since forever. 25K mile circumference Rock on fire in middle orbit around another giant ball of fire and you think if we drive more Prius it make difference?

Come on man wake up. This is scam to confiscate money. The only things I worry about are Sun burning out and Mexicans taking dump in Artichoke fields. Leave me alone! Make China and India clean up their bad .........if they want to they will. Plenty of science says GW is normal cycles.
Fine, get angry. That is the normal response of the willfully ignorant when someone tries to point out reality to them. There is no science period that states that what we are seeing now is part of a normal cycle. That you are stupid enough to make such a statement simply points out that your world view is all politically driven, and has little connection to reality.

AGW is a fact. All the Scientific Societies, all the National Academies of Science, and all the major Universities in the world state that. Only ignoramuses like you, and the minions of the energy corporations contest that fact.

That's all cool and all, so what's all this fascination with man made climate change and the fear mongering behind it? Or you really don't believe the hype do you?
LOL Another flap yapper that cannot post one single peer reviewed article that supports his position. Bet you failed third grade science.

LOL Another flap yapper that cannot post one single peer reviewed article that supports his position. Bet you failed third grade science.

Well its obvious you never graduated from 2nd grade when the were talking about ice ages and crap

Also nothing on the OP or you finally given up on it?

Forum List

Back