Politics and Inflation

We're discussing the $27T of US Debt being held by the Fed, pensions, and foreign governments, not welfare recipients.
The return on US Debt is about 1.5%
Inflation is 2% and headed upward.
When the Fed prints money how does that affect everyone's buying power?
When the government raises taxes to pay the interest or principle on the Debt, that takes money out of the economy. Because that "investment" lost value due to inflation.
Correct, taxation burns money out of the economy to control inflation and it recirulates money to protect against the top earners accumulating all the wealth. The system hasn't been managed very well over the past few decades. You didn't answer my question though. We are talking about debt and spending and tax cuts, a large portion of this thread was focused exactly on Welfare spending so I don't know why you are saying we weren't talking about that.

Do Democrats still remain in the dark regarding the actual cause of inflation and that it here to stay as long as the giveaway from Democrats continue? I have been talking about inflation being a long term issue for quite some time while the Democratic "experts" were behind the curve, as usual. The Fed is still behind the curve here. Inflation is here to stay as long as the Democrats are running the show. Mac, don't say I didn't tell you so.

Inflation hits 30-year high in key gauge watched by Fed

Yeah, we need more trillions in tax cuts! The old NaziCon bogeyman - inflation when doing anything to help the poor and middle class. They have another old bogeyman - we can't afford it. However, they spend trillions in tax cuts. The Bush and Trump tax cuts totaled about $3.4 trillion - and those tax cuts did not pay for themselves as the NaziCons promised. It's sadly funny how Republicans only care about the national debt when Democrats are in power.

Yeah, we need more trillions in tax cuts! The old NaziCon bogeyman - inflation when doing anything to help the poor and middle class. They have another old bogeyman - we can't afford it. However, they spend trillions in tax cuts. The Bush and Trump tax cuts totaled about $3.4 trillion - and those tax cuts did not pay for themselves as the NaziCons promised. It's sadly funny how Republicans only care about the national debt when Democrats are in power.

Did you say we “spend” trillions in tax cuts? That implies that the money was the governments to begin with in order to spend it. I think you meant they didn’t TAKE as much. Taking more money from the “rich” and giving it away to the poor is not a recipe for success. It creates dependency and, shocking I know, but a labor shortage.

Yeah, you have it close to right, even though I had to interpret your $158+ as meaning something else.

And I'll just suppose your contradiction was meant to make some other point: Or maybe you can try to say that the ultra wealthy can't be included in the top 10%??

and

You too allow your gums to start flapping about democrats before your brain has kicked in.

The top 10% are 158+ in salary. What I was trying to say is that those with at least that much income bear the brunt of the tax burden, the ultra-wealthy aside, particularly those that live on capital gains.

The Democrats are saying that someone making 400k a year is wealthy and should pay even more. There is a significant difference between that income level and the ultra-wealthy. The elites tend to be Democrats if you haven’t noticed. They are all for raising taxes on those 400k earners because it doesn’t affect them. They currently live on capital gains or have teams of accountants helping them with deductions via a myriad of strategies including business losses, depreciation, etc. The 400k earner already pays more than their ”fair share” if you get down to it.

Democratic elites in big tech and Hollywood talk a big game but rest assured they are protecting themselves. They ultimately want the working “rich” man to foot the bill.

Did you say we “spend” trillions in tax cuts?
The fiscal point is not spending or taxing, the point is THE DIFFERENCE between the two called DEFICIT AND DEBT. To that bottom line it doesn't matter if you spent a dollar or under-taxed a dollar.

It's just moot bullshit, by people that cannot accept that there is a revenue component that equation, not just spending.

Last edited:
The top 10% are 158+ in salary. What I was trying to say is that those with at least that much income bear the brunt of the tax burden, the ultra-wealthy aside, particularly those that live on capital gains.

The Democrats are saying that someone making 400k a year is wealthy and should pay even more. There is a significant difference between that income level and the ultra-wealthy. The elites tend to be Democrats if you haven’t noticed. They are all for raising taxes on those 400k earners because it doesn’t affect them. They currently live on capital gains or have teams of accountants helping them with deductions via a myriad of strategies including business losses, depreciation, etc. The 400k earner already pays more than their ”fair share” if you get down to it.

Democratic elites in big tech and Hollywood talk a big game but rest assured they are protecting themselves. They ultimately want the working “rich” man to foot the bill.
Yeah sure, and so like you said:

the fact that the top 10% pay the majority of the taxes.

and

The ultra wealthy(10s of millions), many of whom are Democrats, will continue to pay very little ..............

• Funny
Reactions: DBA
The fiscal point is not spending or taxing, the point is THE DIFFERENCE between the two called DEFICIT AND DEBT. To that bottom line it doesn't matter if you spent a dollar or under-taxed a dollar.

It's just moot bullshit, by people that cannot accept that there is a revenue component that equation, not just spending.

Yeah there is a revenue component and the way to get more tax revenue is to get more people paying taxes. When nearly 50% pay nothing there is a problem. The Democrat’s solution is to tax the other 50% to death, particularly the higher earners, who ironically aren’t the ones consuming the most government resources.

We definitely need a new Fed chairman...sigh.

The stagflation coming was going to be bad enough...today they are making it worse.

For whatever reason they believe they can spend their way out of this. (Exacerbating the situation)

We are talking about hyperinflation coming.

Literally...

You used to go to the store with a pocket of money and go home with a buggy full of groceries....now you will have to go to the store with a buggy full of money and go home with a pocket of food.

I think it is bit over the top to blame all of the inflation on Biden.

The disruptions in the supply chain due to COVID is certainly adding to prices for just about everything.

60 plus ships waiting to be off loaded off of Cali, 45 or so off SC are also adding to the problem.

~~~~~~
Hmm...., Because of the pandemic, supply chain operations worldwide report disruption. Moreover, professionals face supply chain changes in 2020 due to restrictions and safety protocols. 32% of global retailers stated that they underwent little disruption. Only 12% of retailers worldwide reported heavy disruption due to the pandemic.

The Effect of Covid-19​

Because of the pandemic, supply chain operations worldwide report disruption. Moreover, professionals face supply chain changes in 2020 due to restrictions and safety protocols.
  • 32% of global retailers stated that they underwent little disruption. (RetailNext, 2020)
  • Only 12% of retailers worldwide reported heavy disruption due to the pandemic. (RetailNext, 2020)
  • 64% of retailers were challenged to adapt their supply chain for ecommerce. (RetailNext, 2020)
  • 56% renegotiated contracts. (RetailNext, 2020)
  • 28% tried to find alternative sourcing options. (RetailNext, 2020)
  • 28% underwent shortages and out-of-stocks. (RetailNext, 2020)
  • Regardless of the pandemic, the global supply chain management market is set to grow at a CAGR of 11.2% from 2020 to 2027. The market is poised to reach $37.41 billion in 2020. (Businesswire, 2020)

Do Democrats still remain in the dark regarding the actual cause of inflation and that it here to stay as long as the giveaway from Democrats continue?
I don't think that there is much any American political party can do about it.

Wait a second, are you saying the pandemic caused a world-wide economic slowdown? I thought it was all Trump’s fault? I mean that is what our resident liberal morons have been touting for months, despite that the fact that the US faired much better economically than most other countries under his leadership.

There is something we can do about it and even old senile Joe let it slip the other day that paying people to stay home provides no incentive for them to work. I don’t think his handlers wanted him to say that, but he has little control over what comes out of his mouth.

As far as other countries go, do they have the type of labor shortage we have or is it more to do with job shortages? In our case it is cut and dry. We have a large surplus of jobs but people aren’t taking them because they don’t have to.

Wait a second, are you saying the pandemic caused a world-wide economic slowdown? I thought it was all Trump’s fault?
You can attribute global inflation to the pandemic Trump kept insisting he had under control if you wish, and you can blame the Loser for it if that is what you think.

What I actually said was that I don't think that there is much any American political party can do about global inflation.

Of course the demafascist know what has caused the massive hyperinflation we are seeing…they caused it. They continue to push it.

Inflation is nothing but another tax on the poor.

You can attribute global inflation to the pandemic Trump kept insisting he had under control if you wish, and you can blame the Loser for it if that is what you think.

What I actually said was that I don't think that there is much any American political party can do about global inflation.

Biden is responsible for global inflation. He needs to force people’s hands to take jobs instead of talking about more free this and that to encourage people to stay home.

Biden isn’t responsible for global inflation. He needs to force people’s hand to work instead of promising more and more free stuff to keep them home. If they pass this human infrastructure bill, look for the problem to get worse. Working people are just plain dumb if they support the Democratic Party.

I read many shelves are empty because they cant get enough truck drivers to empty the ships at our ports.
yes….there’s a shortage of truck drivers.

and liberals here are celebrating that! They have said how WONDERFUL it is that the government is handing out so much of other people’s money that truck drivers, and others, can decide not to work.

And the brain-damaged Biden, manipulated by those who to see the economy crash and burn, are trying to double down on it.

Wait a second, are you saying the pandemic caused a world-wide economic slowdown? I thought it was all Trump’s fault? I mean that is what our resident liberal morons have been touting for months, despite that the fact that the US faired much better economically than most other countries under his leadership.

There is something we can do about it and even old senile Joe let it slip the other day that paying people to stay home provides no incentive for them to work. I don’t think his handlers wanted him to say that, but he has little control over what comes out of his mouth.

As far as other countries go, do they have the type of labor shortage we have or is it more to do with job shortages? In our case it is cut and dry. We have a large surplus of jobs but people aren’t taking them because they don’t have to.
No. Trump didn't cause the pandemic, but his stupid inaction made it's effects much worse than they had to be.

The cause for recent inflation is the inability of the Covid-19 disrupted supply chains and laborforce from meeting the market demand.

You say you talked about that for a long time and I say you are full of shit.

Add post-lockdown demand to that. I've provided tons of info to them on this. The information is everywhere except for their alternate universe, so they dismiss and ignore it all.

They are experts in economics because they get their training from Hannity, Tucker and Breitbart. A waste of time.

In light of the Feds recent epiphany regarding transitory inflation, I felt compelled to bump this thread. I am sure both Mac, who fancies himself as the resident economic expert And Antontoo have their excuses all lined up.

The current inflation is NOT transitory. It is here to stay as long as this administration remains in power.

In light of the Feds recent epiphany regarding transitory inflation, I felt compelled to bump this thread. I am sure both Mac, who fancies himself as the resident economic expert And Antontoo have their excuses all lined up.

The current inflation is NOT transitory. It is here to stay as long as this administration remains in power.
Excuse for what, precisely?

Please quote me saying whatever it is you imagine I said.

Forum List

Back