Political hypocrisy on smoking

Everything with a Liberal is about the collective, never about individual rights. That is why they hate the 1st and 2nd amendments to the Constitution so much.

I have never smoked in my life and I hate it but I don't want to take freedom away from other people. A Liberal loves to deprive other people of freedom.
The United States is a collective of individuals, as is every nation/society. Part of protecting the rights of the individual is the protection of the collective sum of individuals. They have to be balanced. Go too far one way and you get Libertarian Somalia. Go too far the other and you get Communist China.

You don't have any regard for the 1st. You are lying. A Liberal always hates the freedom of speech when it conflicts with his hateful Libtard agenda and we all know how they like to say that it is freedom from religion instead of freedom of religion.

If you liked freedom of speech you would have strongly condemned Obama and the IRS for curtailing the right of the Tea Party and other conservatives groups to have access to the same tax breaks as the filthy ass Liberal groups, but you didn't.

The 2nd is just as much an individual right as the 1st. The Supreme Court said so. All you stupid Libtards hate the right to keep and bear arms.

You are delusional on this like you are delusional on many other subjects.
He says that he has regard for the First Amendment. He also says that he would limit the Second, which implies that he supports keeping it. He gives no evidence of these things not being the case. It's unjust to call him a liar until he proves them to be lies.

Freedom from religion is implicitly included in - and necessary for - true freedom of religion. You have the right to practice any religion you choose in any socially adjusted way you choose, or you can choose not to practice one at all. Nobody can make any of these decisions for you. You want to be a Christian? Fine. Be a Christian. You want to be Muslim, or Hindu? Nobody can lawfully stop you. You want to be an atheist? Be America's guest. The only thing you can't do is attempt to deprive other people of their rights based on your beliefs. A Jew can't beat you with a shovel for eating bacon. An atheist cop can't arrest you for being Wiccan.

I'm not going to speak to your allegations regarding the IRS scandal due to my lack of knowledge on the subject. I don't really know what happened, when, or why.

Last edited:
The United States is a collective of individuals, as is every nation/society. Part of protecting the rights of the individual is the protection of the collective sum of individuals. They have to be balanced. Go too far one way and you get Libertarian Somalia. Go too far the other and you get Communist China.

However, if you do it right you might have something along the lines of Hong Kong, which has the greatest economic freedom in the world. A government that pretty much leaves the people alone to fail or succeed on their own. Without the government giving them welfare many chose to succeed. A lesson the US could learn.

Smoking is bad for you.. as is eating bags of Cheetos, Burger King, drinking too much alcohol, etc. Along with freedom comes consequences.

I think heroin addicts and crack heads would agree with you 100%.
But do you agree with the heroin addicts and the crack heads?

Hell if people should be able to destroy their lives with alcohol and tobacco, why not heroin and crack?
Addiction is addiction.

You can buy as many guns to shoot yourself with as you want, you can drink yourself to death and smoke your lungs out.

But can't do all the crack, heroin and meth that a persons's heart desires. Why is that?

When are the Repubs (now that they control COngress) going to bring full freedom to this country? Freedom to do what the fuck you want with your own life. Live it however you want, end it when ever you want.

I thought the Repubs were all about personal freedom? Guess not eh?

I smoke, love the first, would limit the second, we don't live 230 years ago, so, try again.

You don't have any regard for the 1st. You are lying. A Liberal always hates the freedom of speech when it conflicts with his hateful Libtard agenda and we all know how they like to say that it is freedom from religion instead of freedom of religion.

If you liked freedom of speech you would have strongly condemned Obama and the IRS for curtailing the right of the Tea Party and other conservatives groups to have access to the same tax breaks as the filthy ass Liberal groups, but you didn't.

You are delusional on this like you are delusional on many other subjects.
We wrote the first, Sweetheart, just like we founded this Liberal nation. Deal with it, or get out, you are neither needed nor wanted here.

The only thing your current group of libs could found would be a sewer plant.

Forum List

Back