Police state national ID card tucked in immigration bill

I think the biometric ID card is not only a good idea but a necessary one -- and I can't understand why any citizen would object to it. It would serve as instant and incontrovertible proof that one is a bona fide American citizen, which is something to be proud of. And it would, for one important thing, eliminate the problem of illegal immigrants stealing jobs from legitimate citizens.

I'd rather have better enforcement of immigration laws where employers are concerned, rather than a mandatory national ID.

I think the biometric ID card is not only a good idea but a necessary one -- and I can't understand why any citizen would object to it. It would serve as instant and incontrovertible proof that one is a bona fide American citizen, which is something to be proud of. And it would, for one important thing, eliminate the problem of illegal immigrants stealing jobs from legitimate citizens.

I'd rather have better enforcement of immigration laws where employers are concerned, rather than a mandatory national ID.
speaking of that--my brother works at a golf course...these 2 Mexicans worked there
when the boss said he had to lay them of because of their ''bad'' SSNs, they said they could get some others!!!

speaking of that--my brother works at a golf course...these 2 Mexicans worked there
when the boss said he had to lay them of because of their ''bad'' SSNs, they said they could some others!!!

I think you need an edit.

Agree 100%...... We are heading into a Nazi style regime I fear, and that is in no way good at all.... Who can't spot an illegal through his paperwork, language etc. ???? It's all just a dammed excuse to lead us like lambs to the slaughter. Mark these words down, it's coming.

We didn't need none of this bullcrap before, and we sure as heck don't need it now. We had character, patriotism, and wisdom that we didn't have to wear on our sleeves for all to see. We showed who we were through our actions. The police state is coming, and people are being slowly fooled into excepting it like it's some kind of cool trend.

Nothing cool about it, but there may be enough sheep to satisfy the wolves who shall eventually devour the sheep to their sheer surprise.

Agree 100%...... We are heading into a Nazi style regime I fear, and that is in no way good at all.... Who can't spot an illegal through his paperwork, language etc. ???? It's all just a dammed excuse to lead us like lambs to the slaughter. Mark these words down, it's coming.

We didn't need none of this bullcrap before, and we sure as heck don't need it now. We had character, patriotism, and wisdom that we didn't have to wear on our sleeves for all to see. We showed who we were through our actions. The police state is coming, and people are being slowly fooled into excepting it like it's some kind of cool trend.

Nothing cool about it, but there may be enough sheep to satisfy the wolves who shall eventually devour the sheep to their sheer surprise.

I don't accept that were are being fooled into "excepting" (sic) it!

I'm not going to go full Godwin's law and equate a national ID to Nazis, but I don't like the idea of having to 'have my papers' when I'm out and about. :dunno:

All foreign nationals in the US should have a federal id, for better enforcement of visa rules.

I'm not going to go full Godwin's law and equate a national ID to Nazis, but I don't like the idea of having to 'have my papers' when I'm out and about. :dunno:
There was a time in America when it wasn't necessary to be prepared to identify oneself but that time has passed. Europe has been invaded and soon will be effectively occupied. So we need to take unusual steps to avoid infiltration by the same furtively determined enemy, aka "migrants." We need to purge them and properly identifiable citizens are vital to that purpose.

The biometric Citizen ID card is a good thing

[...]

We are heading into a Nazi style regime I fear, and that is in no way good at all.... Who can't spot an illegal through his paperwork, language etc. ???? It's all just a dammed excuse to lead us like lambs to the slaughter. Mark these words down, it's coming.

[...]
Please explain how the requirement for legitimate citizens to carry and present ID on demand can be harmful.

The security of this Nation depends on identifying and purging illegals and undesirables. The Citizen ID Card will facilitate that purpose.

[...]

We are heading into a Nazi style regime I fear, and that is in no way good at all.... Who can't spot an illegal through his paperwork, language etc. ???? It's all just a dammed excuse to lead us like lambs to the slaughter. Mark these words down, it's coming.

[...]
Please explain how the requirement for legitimate citizens to carry and present ID on demand can be harmful.

The security of this Nation depends on identifying and purging illegals and undesirables. The Citizen ID Card will facilitate that purpose.
. Giving up your freedoms by way of such extreme excuses is just utter nonsense. We are or should be smarter than this, but because we have been duped badly / brainwashed, then the opinion of those who think in these ways is of no surprise at all to me.

Better enforcement of immigration laws requires implementation of a foolproof (biometric) Citizen ID card.

You might not be aware that all types of convincingly authentic fake ID documents, driver licenses, Social Security cards, birth certificates, college transcripts, etc., are readily available to illegals. But the biometric ID system cannot be faked.

Giving up your freedoms by way of such extreme excuses is just utter nonsense. We are or should be smarter than this, but because we have been duped badly / brainwashed, then the opinion of those who think in these ways is of no surprise at all to me.
Again, please explain how the requirement to identify oneself as a legitimate citizen can be harmful in any way. What freedom are you giving up by proving you are a citizen?

Better enforcement of immigration laws requires implementation of a foolproof (biometric) Citizen ID card.

You might not be aware that all types of convincingly authentic fake ID documents, driver licenses, Social Security cards, birth certificates, college transcripts, etc., are readily available to illegals. But the biometric ID system cannot be faked.
. If we have to change in ways that threaten our very freedoms here as Americans, then the illegals should be rounded up completely, and they should be sent to packing it back across the border. Period.

Giving up your freedoms by way of such extreme excuses is just utter nonsense. We are or should be smarter than this, but because we have been duped badly / brainwashed, then the opinion of those who think in these ways is of no surprise at all to me.
Again, please explain how the requirement to identify oneself as a legitimate citizen can be harmful in any way. What freedom are you giving up by proving you are a citizen?
. By having to now prove yourself as a United States citizen, then you have already lost your nation and your freedoms here. It's ridiculous.

Why do you assume a biometric ID cannot be faked?

I'm not comfortable being forced by law to purchase an ID, or having tax dollars spent for one, to assuage your somewhat irrational fear of immigrants.

Most countries have a National ID Card.
It's a good idea.
It's like a virtual wall.
You would need the ID to work or get government benefits or to vote.
It makes it much harder for the illegal aliens to stay in our country.
We should also abolish chain immigration and birth right citizenship.

I'm not comfortable being forced by law to purchase an ID, or having tax dollars spent for one, to assuage your somewhat irrational fear of immigrants.

Why are the Left Wingers so against controlling immigration?
All countries have borders and immigration laws.

. Immigration can be controlled without us giving up our freedoms here as United States citizens. Every inch of our freedoms taken, does lead to the ultimate end of our freedoms as we once knew and had here, and it's getting worse and worse by the day.

. Immigration can be controlled without us giving up our freedoms here as United States citizens. Every inch of our freedoms taken, does lead to the ultimate end of our freedoms as we once knew and had here, and it's getting worse and worse by the day.

So what freedom are you giving up by having a National ID?

You actually have one already, because your driver's license is used for ID for practically every need.

When states start making their driver's licenses ineffective by giving them to anyone with pulse, its use as a voter ID is non-existent.

Forum List

Back