Police shackle feet and hands of woman in labor. Is that OK? Is she a threat?

good idea--let the thugs/criminals/etc just walk around--able to flee whenever
:rolleyes-41::rolleyes-41:

Are you stupid, boy? She was 9 months pregnant and in labor! She wasn't going anywhere except the maternity ward.

Shackles are ridiculous. Have a guard with her, maybe put a GPS monitor on her ankle.
beat her a$$ if she doesn't comply
these jackasses are not civil/sane/etc
....when you have to use FORCE on something/someone who is not complying, something will break

Are you a pathetic troll or a serial killer in the making, psycho boy?
so wanting law and order makes me psycho???!!!!
and you do not want law and order--that makes you the good guy????!!!!
No, your absolute GLEE at the thought of torturing a woman in labor makes you a psycho.

NYPD accused of ‘shackling’ pregnant woman until ‘moments’ before delivery: Lawsuit

"Against the vehement protests of medical staff, the NYPD refused to remove the shackles, compelling Ms. Doe to labor in excruciating pain and forcing doctors to examine Ms. Doe with her feet and hands bound,"

"Moments before Ms. Doe delivered her daughter, a growing chorus of outraged doctors convinced the NYPD to briefly remove her shackles. At 6:14 a.m., Jane Doe gave birth to her daughter. Shortly after she gave birth, NYPD officers again shackled her, ignoring the doctors’ continued pleas. Ms. Doe struggled to feed her new baby with one arm," the lawsuit states.

Correctional groups, including the Correctional Association of New York, call it a "barbaric -- and illegal" practice. The state banned the use of shackles on women throughout labor, delivery and recovery in 2009.

The lawsuit argues that Jane Doe "never struggled, resisted, or acted in any way that would even remotely support the use of restraints."

-----------------------------------
Seems like a person's humanity could be a guide here.

I guess not.

This happened in New York which is Democrat to the core and you blame Republicans for this?
Until a thread like this, I sometimes forget what hateful people Republicans are.

So explain why a Progressive State like New York would do barbaric things like this?

good idea--let the thugs/criminals/etc just walk around--able to flee whenever
:rolleyes-41::rolleyes-41:

Are you stupid, boy? She was 9 months pregnant and in labor! She wasn't going anywhere except the maternity ward.

Shackles are ridiculous. Have a guard with her, maybe put a GPS monitor on her ankle.
beat her a$$ if she doesn't comply
these jackasses are not civil/sane/etc
....when you have to use FORCE on something/someone who is not complying, something will break

Are you a pathetic troll or a serial killer in the making, psycho boy?
so wanting law and order makes me psycho???!!!!
and you do not want law and order--that makes you the good guy????!!!!
No, your absolute GLEE at the thought of torturing a woman in labor makes you a psycho.
the Dems/blacks are the torturers !!!
4 in custody after mentally disabled man tied up, tortured on Facebook Live

Until a thread like this, I sometimes forget what hateful people Republicans are.
Yeah. NYC is run by Republicans.

Or not.

What I've noticed is that the overwhelming majority of these police atrocities take place in cities run by the Democratic party of slavery.

NYPD accused of ‘shackling’ pregnant woman until ‘moments’ before delivery: Lawsuit

"Against the vehement protests of medical staff, the NYPD refused to remove the shackles, compelling Ms. Doe to labor in excruciating pain and forcing doctors to examine Ms. Doe with her feet and hands bound,"

"Moments before Ms. Doe delivered her daughter, a growing chorus of outraged doctors convinced the NYPD to briefly remove her shackles. At 6:14 a.m., Jane Doe gave birth to her daughter. Shortly after she gave birth, NYPD officers again shackled her, ignoring the doctors’ continued pleas. Ms. Doe struggled to feed her new baby with one arm," the lawsuit states.

Correctional groups, including the Correctional Association of New York, call it a "barbaric -- and illegal" practice. The state banned the use of shackles on women throughout labor, delivery and recovery in 2009.

The lawsuit argues that Jane Doe "never struggled, resisted, or acted in any way that would even remotely support the use of restraints."

I guess not.
Because they can and normally get away with stuff like this.

Maybe she had some problems with the Mob, and the police work for the Mob in NYC, it seems. O.k., even if this was not the case here, the NYPD still do whatever they want.

I guess not.

Your link has no reference to any witnesses that I could find. This story seemse to be on her say-so and her lawsuit. Also it is from ABC known for fake news. From your link:

"A pregnant woman who says"

Forum List

Back