Police officer to Virginia politicians: We took an oath, and real cops won’t confiscate firearms.

Any cop that does not enforce the law..as written...should be fired..simple as that. BTW..I do not support the Virginia statute. But as long as it is the law....it needs to be enforced. Not like the law..change it..or move the fuck outta the state.

The Second Amendment is the law. As part of the Constitution, it is the highest law in the nation, taking precedence over all lesser laws, and all lesser acts of government.

Any cop, or any other public servant who, having explicitly taken an oath to uphold and defend the Constitution, refuses obey it, should be fired, and thereafter be banned from life from ever holding any position in government.

Don't like that law? Start the process of amending the Constitution to overturn the Second Amendment. Good luck with that.

"
In light of all the 2nd Amendment debate and the debacle that is Virginia and its governor (who I don’t respect enough to even know his name) spouting off about “If we have constitutional laws…” blah, blah, blah. Listen up.

I work in civilian law enforcement. I am also a veteran.

I work with many veterans, some of whom still serve in the reserves or National Guard. In both oaths, military and civilian, we all swore to defend and uphold the Constitution of the United States.

We did not swear to obey a tyrant or dictator.

I’ve been in law enforcement for over 21 years. In all that time I have met not one law enforcement officer who was anti-gun. Oh, I know they exist, but they are not being intellectually honest.

You see, law enforcement officers everywhere KNOW that guns save lives.

Guns prevent crime.

Guns stop attacks.

Guns even the odds between the criminal and his would-be victim.

Guns stop stalkers when a piece of paper doesn’t. (Shout out to my dear friend Ann who shot and killed her estranged husband when came to attack again.)

Real cops, not politicians, KNOW that more honest gun owners mean less crime.

If there is anyone wearing a badge that disagrees with this they are a liar- statistics prove this time and again. Literally every state that loosens gun carry restrictions nearly immediately sees a drop in violent crime.

When I am on patrol, I take time to reach out and thank civilians for exercising their 2A rights- yes, even the open carriers. I have detained or arrested thousands of people.

Not one legal carrier has ever threatened me or my partners.

I even joke about one particular restaurant in my town where veterans meet for breakfast. I say if anything ever pops off in here we are all going to die in the crossfire!

The populace has so many guns they cannot be counted. They couldn’t be confiscated even if the government threw every available resource at it."
Police officer to Virginia politicians: We took an oath, and real cops won’t confiscate firearms.

The National Guard won't do it either. Mr Northam was is plan C?
From your (belated) link:

Democrat Delegate Lee Carter of Manassas sponsored HB 67, which would apply to any law enforcement official, noting that those who “willfully refuses to perform the duties of his employment,” will be terminated and ineligible for future law enforcement employment for another year.

The bill was filed just days after Gov. Ralph Northam warned against the more than 100 counties and municipalities that already adopted Second Amendment or Constitutional sanctuary resolutions.

"
In light of all the 2nd Amendment debate and the debacle that is Virginia and its governor (who I don’t respect enough to even know his name) spouting off about “If we have constitutional laws…” blah, blah, blah. Listen up.

I work with many veterans, some of whom still serve in the reserves or National Guard. In both oaths, military and civilian, we all swore to defend and uphold the Constitution of the United States.

I’ve been in law enforcement for over 21 years. In all that time I have met not one law enforcement officer who was anti-gun. Oh, I know they exist, but they are not being intellectually honest.

Guns prevent crime.

Guns stop attacks.

Guns stop stalkers when a piece of paper doesn’t. (Shout out to my dear friend Ann who shot and killed her estranged husband when came to attack again.)

If there is anyone wearing a badge that disagrees with this they are a liar- statistics prove this time and again. Literally every state that loosens gun carry restrictions nearly immediately sees a drop in violent crime.

When I am on patrol, I take time to reach out and thank civilians for exercising their 2A rights- yes, even the open carriers. I have detained or arrested thousands of people.

I even joke about one particular restaurant in my town where veterans meet for breakfast. I say if anything ever pops off in here we are all going to die in the crossfire!

The populace has so many guns they cannot be counted. They couldn’t be confiscated even if the government threw every available resource at it."

You have provided no link to any police officer in Virginia stating that he will not enforce the law.

Your title is a lie.

There you go little boy, do you "feel" better?
I do..I'm especially amused at your feeble attempt to plagiarize the article....LOL!

Any cop that does not enforce the law..as written...should be fired..simple as that. BTW..I do not support the Virginia statute. But as long as it is the law....it needs to be enforced. Not like the law..change it..or move the fuck. Yi outta the state.

LOL, golly little boi I'm glad I made you "feel" better". Plagiarize? Sue me kid, I forgot to post the link.
The police do NOT have to follow an illegal order.
The law..is the law..and some backwoods hardhead does not get to rule on what he thinks is Constitutional.

Again, I'm against the statute..so change it.

Sure, but the "law" in this case is the Constitution,not Northam's desires.

"

Guns prevent crime.

Guns stop attacks.

You have provided no link to any police officer in Virginia stating that he will not enforce the law.

Your title is a lie.

I do..I'm especially amused at your feeble attempt to plagiarize the article....LOL!

Any cop that does not enforce the law..as written...should be fired..simple as that. BTW..I do not support the Virginia statute. But as long as it is the law....it needs to be enforced. Not like the law..change it..or move the fuck outta the state.

Or, take a stand against tyranny.

Fired by whom? 95% of Virginia law enforcement and county officials are against this nonsense.

"

Guns prevent crime.

Guns stop attacks.

Democrat Delegate Lee Carter of Manassas sponsored HB 67, which would apply to any law enforcement official, noting that those who “willfully refuses to perform the duties of his employment,” will be terminated and ineligible for future law enforcement employment for another year.

The bill was filed just days after Gov. Ralph Northam warned against the more than 100 counties and municipalities that already adopted Second Amendment or Constitutional sanctuary resolutions.

LOL, so you want to use an "illegal" local law to enforce itself? Good luck with that.

Every public servant, including cops, is sworn, before anything else, to uphold and defend the Constitution. Any who had willing part in enforcing blatantly unconstitutional acts to violate the people's right to keep and bear arms, as affirmed both in the federal Constitution, as well as in Virginia's own state constitution, would be the ones against whom this act, as written would end up applying.

The indisputable fact remains that it is Virginia's governor, and its corrupt legislator, who are threatening to act illegally, by enacting legislation which blatantly violates both the state Constitution, and the federal Constitution; and then by trying to demand that the state's law-enforcement officers act illegally in attempting to enforce these illegal laws.

Your title is a lie.
Go ahead and start you war traitor.
IggleAyeFleagle is a pissant nobody. If a Civil War starts he will flee to Ca-Nada rather than fight on any side at all.
If a civil war starts..I'll look for you on the battlefield..twerp. I'll be the one with the BAR...potting whoever is on the side of rebellion. I'm on the side of the USA. My forefathers killed many a shit-eating Confed...I'd be proud to add to the list.

Golly look how tough you think are.
You're confused..it takes no toughness to pull a trigger..any coward can..and often does..just like any piece of shit keyboard warrior can talk about civil war..from the comfort of the freedoms bought for him..with the blood of REAL patriots.
Know why your eyes are brown? Contemplate that as you sit behind your keyboard...

Your title is a lie.
IggleAyeFleagle is a pissant nobody. If a Civil War starts he will flee to Ca-Nada rather than fight on any side at all.
If a civil war starts..I'll look for you on the battlefield..twerp. I'll be the one with the BAR...potting whoever is on the side of rebellion. I'm on the side of the USA. My forefathers killed many a shit-eating Confed...I'd be proud to add to the list.

You're confused..it takes no toughness to pull a trigger..any coward can..and often does..just like any piece of shit keyboard warrior can talk about civil war..from the comfort of the freedoms bought for him..with the blood of REAL patriots.

Just look at you, all jacked up and shit. I am one of those who "bought" your "right" be an internet bad ass.

By the way Mr. Law and Order, you said you'meet him on the field of battle with a BAR....you know their illegal to own.....right?

"

Guns prevent crime.

Guns stop attacks.

Your title is a lie.

LOL, golly little boi I'm glad I made you "feel" better". Plagiarize? Sue me kid, I forgot to post the link.
The police do NOT have to follow an illegal order.
The law..is the law..and some backwoods hardhead does not get to rule on what he thinks is Constitutional.

Again, I'm against the statute..so change it.
It clearly denies due process and infringes on the 2a, stop lying.

Just look at you, all jacked up and shit. I am one of those who "bought" your "right" be an internet bad ass.

By the way Mr. Law and Order, you said you'meet him on the field of battle with a BAR....you know their illegal to own.....right?
He meant after he left the bar, when we're all asleep for our day jobs.

He meant after he left the bar, when we're all asleep for our day jobs.

OHHHHHHHHH, I should have known that.

"

Guns prevent crime.

Guns stop attacks.

Your thread premise is still a lie because no one in Virginia government advocates for ‘confiscating’ guns.

Your thread premise is still a lie because no one in Virginia government advocates for ‘confiscating’ guns.

LiarFace.png

"

Guns prevent crime.

Guns stop attacks.

You're an idiot.

The Second Amendment is the law. As part of the Constitution, it is the highest law in the nation, taking precedence over all lesser laws, and all lesser acts of government.

Any cop, or any other public servant who, having explicitly taken an oath to uphold and defend the Constitution, refuses obey it, should be fired, and thereafter be banned from life from ever holding any position in government.

Don't like that law? Start the process of amending the Constitution to overturn the Second Amendment. Good luck with that.
Wrong.

The Constitution exists solely in the context of its case law, as determined by the Supreme Court – including the Second Amendment.

Any law enacted consistent with Second Amendment jurisprudence is perfectly valid, Constitutional, and enforceable.

The Supreme Court has never ruled on the constitutionality of AWBs – however wrongheaded and misguided those measures might be, they are nonetheless Constitutional and in no manner ‘violate’ the Second Amendment; laws are presumed to be Constitutional until the Supreme Court rules otherwise.

Consequently, it’s incumbent upon Virginia law enforcement the follow all state laws and measures, regardless of their subjective opinion of the merits of those laws and measures.

Wrong.

The Constitution exists solely in the context of its case law, as determined by the Supreme Court – including the Second Amendment.

Any law enacted consistent with Second Amendment jurisprudence is perfectly valid, Constitutional, and enforceable.

The Supreme Court has never ruled on the constitutionality of AWBs – however wrongheaded and misguided those measures might be, they are nonetheless Constitutional and in no manner ‘violate’ the Second Amendment; laws are presumed to be Constitutional until the Supreme Court rules otherwise.

Consequently, it’s incumbent upon Virginia law enforcement the follow all state laws and measures, regardless of their subjective opinion of the merits of those laws and measures.

A lie does not become truth, no matter how many times you repeat it.

It is the Constitution itself that is the highest law, and not any corrupt court's “interpretation” of it. No court, nor any other part of government, has any authority whatsoever to “interpret” the Constitution away from its clear, explicit meaning.

And all public servants, including law-enforcement officers, are sworn, above all else, to uphold and defend the Constitution. They agree to this as a condition of their jobs, and the legitimacy of their use of any power inherent to their position is contingent on their diligence in adhering to that oath.

Did you now...USN 1967-72 Mine-sweeps in the Mekong mostly...1 tour on the big E...
For some..for some...I have my Dad's--made in 1943...when he passed, I inherited..paid the fees...and own the permit. In an interesting side-note...I got a visit from the ATF around 2000 or so..they suspected that the gun had been issued to my Father in the Military during WWII and wanted it back. Lucky for me..he bought it in the 1950's..and had kept all the paperwork. Is a lot of paperwork for the permit...but it was not so bad in 1981..when I inherited it. I've set up a gun trust for my grandson....but he'll still have to jump through a lot of hoops.

Great deer rifle!

Wrong.

:auiqs.jpg:

Precedent and case law cannot change or weaken constitutional rights. There is but one process to accomplish that.

And if they choose as a body to resist, then what? What do you think Northam can do?

Wrong.

A lie does not become truth, no matter how many times you repeat it.

It is the Constitution itself that is the highest law, and not any corrupt court's “interpretation” of it. No court, nor any other part of government, has any authority whatsoever to “interpret” the Constitution away from its clear, explicit meaning.

And all public servants, including law-enforcement officers, are sworn, above all else, to uphold and defend the Constitution. They agree to this as a condition of their jobs, and the legitimacy of their use of any power inherent to their position is contingent on their diligence in adhering to that oath.
The SCOTUS begs to differ....

"

Guns prevent crime.

Guns stop attacks.

Your title is a lie.

They are enforcing the law, asshole, the second amendment is part of the constitution and the supreme law of the land. It's the anti gun assholes who are breaking the law. Every gun law in this nation is unconstitutional so is therefore illegal and un enforceable. No one needs anyone to interpret the 2nd because it is so brief, clear and plainly stated. Hell it's only one single sentence and easy for anyone but a halfwit to commit to memory.

Forum List

Back