'Polar vortex' set to bring dangerous, record-breaking cold

And yet, the idiots still deny global climate change.

Seriously, how can people be so damn dumb?

]

Reductio ad absurdum

There is no increase in storms.

There is no increase in the intensity of storms.

This video just is more liberal fearism.

Flap yap. Nothing at all to back it up. Just to be ignored as the ramblings of someone too damned ignorant or incompetant to back up their statements.

Amen. If it gets too much warmer people are gonna start freezing to death!

it is already happening

the cold is very hard on people

So, in the continental US we might get as many as 70 deaths from this storm. Bad cess, but does not even begin to compare to this;

2003 European heat wave - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The 2003 European heat wave was the hottest summer on record in Europe since at least 1540.[1] France was hit especially hard. The heat wave led to health crises in several countries and combined with drought to create a crop shortfall in parts of Southern Europe. Peer reviewed analysis places the European death toll at 70,000.[2]

Lol, proven liars hype stats to show coming disaster; buy now or everyone dies!

roflmao

Those 70,000 likely died as much due to European idiocy, and their government restrictions on Freon as much as the heat itself, lol.

it is already happening

So, in the continental US we might get as many as 70 deaths from this storm. Bad cess, but does not even begin to compare to this;

The 2003 European heat wave was the hottest summer on record in Europe since at least 1540.[1] France was hit especially hard. The heat wave led to health crises in several countries and combined with drought to create a crop shortfall in parts of Southern Europe. Peer reviewed analysis places the European death toll at 70,000.[2]

How come there wasn't a bigger heat wave in 2004? Then in 2005? etc?

And the climate changes with such massive events because we drive cars?

Still waiting for someone out there who is soooo much smarter than the rest of us, to tell us what the correct temperature and weather patterns are for the planet earth.

They call us "flat-earthers" but it is they who use benchmarks of a couple thousand years as to what is "normal", when the earth is millions of years old. Gee, sounds almost as nutty as the young earth christians.

Because of driving our cars burning fossil fuels, burning fossil fuels to generate electricity, and increasing the amount of CO2 in the atmosphere by 40%.

The correct temperature and weather pattern is the one that has allowed us to have 7 billion people on this planet without major starvation. Change that pattern, and it is changing, and there is a very large potential for catastrophe.

You fools are the 'flat-earthers'. You refuse to accept scientific evedence from all over the world because it conflicts with your vision of the 'way things oughter be'. And, were you to actually read the articles in peer reviewed scientific journals, you would see articles on paleoclimotology on times scales varying from 100s to billions of years. But you do not read science. Instead, you listen to obese junkies on the radio, and blindly accept what a fake British lord spews.

Lol, 'adjusted' data is not evidence of anything other than fraud in this case, and the majority of 'scientists' at one time agreed with the concepts of a stream of aether that filled our universe, an eternal steady state universe, etc.

Science is not determined by consensus, you Old Fool.

And yet, the idiots still deny global climate change.

Seriously, how can people be so damn dumb?

]

Reductio ad absurdum

There is no increase in storms.

There is no increase in the intensity of storms.

This video just is more liberal fearism.

Flap yap. Nothing at all to back it up. Just to be ignored as the ramblings of someone too damned ignorant or incompetant to back up their statements.

And you have backed you statement up with.....? What? A poll of the local rotary club?

well they say

when you get lemons make lemonade

a fun experiment

you can do with the kiddies or grand kiddies

Boiling water freezing in one second outdoors in Cold Norway - YouTube

He's in...a FUCKING T-SHIRT!!!!!!!!!!!!

yes

out here i often walk out to the truck or one of the cars

to get something in the winter bare foot and no shirt at all

it used to really bug the mrs

but over time she has accepted it sort of

it is really pretty refreshing

it is already happening

i have already posted a bunch of facts that show in europe for example

that many more people die of the cold then heat

More than 2,500 people in England and Wales are likely to perish from cold in the week leading up to Christmas, experts said today.

"If we see much more of the cold weather of recent days, it is likely that as many as 50,000 people will die unnecessarily over this winter. This is a tragedy in terms of human life and also creates a huge - and preventable - strain on the NHS.

Deaths from cold 'to hit 2,500' | Mail Online

that is just in the liberal utopia of the UK not all of Europe

this happens every year like clock work

And the climate changes with such massive events because we drive cars?

Still waiting for someone out there who is soooo much smarter than the rest of us, to tell us what the correct temperature and weather patterns are for the planet earth.

They call us "flat-earthers" but it is they who use benchmarks of a couple thousand years as to what is "normal", when the earth is millions of years old. Gee, sounds almost as nutty as the young earth christians.

Thats where I differ. I dont know for sure its because of cars. I think its just a natural cycle.

1503396_10151798382067212_725389357_n.png

I understand climate change perfectly; it is a scam based on faked data to get funding by various scientists and empower the government and themselves to be little tyrants.

That about sums it up exactly.

Why Hansen Had To Corrupt The Temperature Record | Real Science

1998changesannotated-1.gif

iceland-1.gif

Climategate: The Smoking Code | Watts Up With That?

So the fudge factor is adjusting each year by their calendar year starting with 1904, in five year increments. Note that starting in 1930 the function arbitrarily subtracts 0.1 degrees, then in 1936 it removes 0.25, etc. Then in 1955 it begins to ADD temperature adjustments beginning with 0.3, etc.

Is it any wonder we have 'global warming' according to these liars?

Just the name 'fudge factor' at line 5 should be a dead give away.

Very revealing programmer comments found in the hacked emails in the Climategate scandal, and they explain how we have 'Global Warming' no matter what the temperatures may actually be.

And note how they call the temperatures they want to see the 'real' temperatures, when ordinary people might think the MEASURED proxy temperatures would be the 'real' temperatures or else the proxy temps are worthless anyway!

Climategate: hide the decline ? codified | Watts Up With That?

WUWT blogging ally Ecotretas writes in to say that he has made a compendium of programming code segments that show comments by the programmer that suggest places where data may be corrected, modified, adjusted, or busted. Some the HARRY_READ_ME comments are quite revealing. For those that don’t understand computer programming, don’t fret, the comments by the programmer tell the story quite well even if the code itself makes no sense to you....

◾FOIA\documents\osborn-tree6\mann\oldprog\maps12.proFOIA\documents\osborn-tree6\mann\oldprog\maps15.proFOIA\documents\osborn-tree6\mann\oldprog\maps24.pro; Plots 24 yearly maps of calibrated (PCR-infilled or not) MXD reconstructions
; of growing season temperatures. Uses "corrected" MXD - but shouldn't usually
; plot past 1960 because these will be artificially adjusted to look closer to
; the real temperatures.

; anomalies against full NH temperatures and other series.
; CALIBRATES IT AGAINST THE LAND-ONLY TEMPERATURES NORTH OF 20 N
;
; Specify period over which to compute the regressions (stop in 1960 to avoid
; the decline

; Specify period over which to compute the regressions (stop in 1960 to avoid
; the decline that affects tree-ring density records)

;getting seriously fed up with the state of the Australian data. so many new stations have been
; introduced, so many false references.. so many changes that aren't documented.

;I am very sorry to report that the rest of the databases seem to be in nearly as poor a state as
; Australia was. There are hundreds if not thousands of pairs of dummy stations

Here, the expected 1990-2003 period is MISSING - so the correlations aren't so hot! Yet
the WMO codes and station names /locations are identical (or close). What the hell is
supposed to happen here? Oh yeah - there is no 'supposed', I can make it up. So I have :)

It's Sunday evening, I've worked all weekend, and just when I thought it was done I'm
hitting yet another problem that's based on the hopeless state of our databases. There is no uniform
data integrity
, it's just a catalogue of issues that continues to grow as they're found.

printf,1,’(April-September) temperature anomalies (from the 1961-1990 mean).’
printf,1,’Reconstruction is based on tree-ring density records.’
printf,1
printf,1,’NOTE: recent decline in tree-ring density has been ARTIFICIALLY’
printf,1,’REMOVED to facilitate calibration. THEREFORE, post-1960 values’
printf,1,’will be much closer to observed temperatures then they should be

printf,1,’which will incorrectly imply the reconstruction is more skilful’
printf,1,’than it actually is.

printf,1,'temperature in many high-latitude locations. In this data set'
printf,1,'this "decline" has been artificially removed in an ad-hoc way, and'
printf,1,'this means that data after 1960 no longer represent tree-ring
printf,1,'density variations, but have been modified to look more like the
printf,1,'observed temperatures
.'

; Apply a VERY ARTIFICAL correction for decline!!
;
yrloc=[1400,findgen(19)*5.+1904]
valadj=[0.,0.,0.,0.,0.,-0.1,-0.25,-0.3,0.,-0.1,0.3,0.8,1.2,1.7,2.5,2.6,2.6,$
2.6,2.6,2.6]*0.75 ; fudge factor
(...)
;
; APPLY ARTIFICIAL CORRECTION
;
yearlyadj=interpol(valadj,yrloc,x)
densall=densall+yearlyadj

;*** MUST ALTER FUNCT_DECLINE.PRO TO MATCH THE COORDINATES OF THE
; START OF THE DECLINE *** ALTER THIS EVERY TIME YOU CHANGE ANYTHING ***

applied the calibration to unfiltered MXD data (which
; gives a zero mean over 1881-1960) after extending the calibration to boxes
; without temperature data (pl_calibmxd1.pro). We have identified and
; artificially removed (i.e. corrected) the decline in this calibrated
; data set. We now recalibrate this corrected calibrated dataset against
; the unfiltered 1911-1990 temperature data
, and apply the same calibration
; to the corrected and uncorrected calibrated MXD data.

The extreme weather that you are posting about is an example of climate change. Go ahead and live in denial until it is too late.

So it is news to you that climate changes?

It might also shock you to know that I agree that climate changes, and that our planet warmed for the most recent nearly two centuries.

But I do not believe it has been proven that mankind is the primary cause of it, though we may be 'helping it along' some.

You fanatics wont take anything short of 100% complete agreement or else we are deniers, pawns of the fossil fuel industry, etc. And your outrage that anyone would dare verify your claims, your data, your software models is indicative that you folks are not being honest, to say the least.

The AGW elites are ideologues intent on bending science to meet their ideology, and that is not science, not at all.

roflmao

If we are helping it along, what is your point?

The extreme weather that you are posting about is an example of climate change. Go ahead and live in denial until it is too late.

It might also shock you to know that I agree that climate changes, and that our planet warmed for the most recent nearly two centuries.

But I do not believe it has been proven that mankind is the primary cause of it, though we may be 'helping it along' some.

You fanatics wont take anything short of 100% complete agreement or else we are deniers, pawns of the fossil fuel industry, etc. And your outrage that anyone would dare verify your claims, your data, your software models is indicative that you folks are not being honest, to say the least.

The AGW elites are ideologues intent on bending science to meet their ideology, and that is not science, not at all.

roflmao

That human behavior, while adding to GW some, it is not the primary force.

In fact I suspect that solar cycles are the driving force here, and the well predicted cold winter by some Russian solar scientists seems persuasive.

Also I just don't like the heavy handed, data filtering, dishonest, sloppy, condescending elitist BULLSHIT coming from the AGW people.

roflmao

In fact I suspect that solar cycles are the driving force here, and the well predicted cold winter by some Russian solar scientists seems persuasive.

Also I just don't like the heavy handed, data filtering, dishonest, sloppy, condescending elitist BULLSHIT coming from the AGW people.

But from your OP it soumds as if you think that climate change is bullshit, make up your mind,

But from your OP it soumds as if you think that climate change is bullshit, make up your mind,

The theory of man made climate change is bull shit.

Lol, then let me make it perfectly clear: global warming has happened from about 1820 to 1998 and now seems 'paused' as the NYT might say. This may be due to solar cycles, or whatever, I don't know.

I do not think the case has been made that it is caused primarily by human beings. I suspect we are heading into a short temperature drop, like a mini Ice Age, but I don't know if that is true or not.

I do know that in a greenhouse, there is a daily cycle of temperatures. If we had said greenhouse with a tank of water in it, then in the early morning the upper air would warm first, then the lower air, then the water tank. As it cooled off over night, the air cools from the ground up and the water cools last. Our oceans are still warmer than 'normal' for the last century of measured temps, while the atmosphere seems to be cooling.

Using the real world greenhouse as my model, this would suggest we are going into a cooling phase, but it is still just a guess.

Again, my outrage is directed at those who are trying to silence dissent, trick up their data, and act like scientific Truth is ever held up for a vote. If that is successfully emplaced as a new irrational standard, far more damage will have been done to mankind than Global Warming could ever do. Should that happen, we will have ruined modern science.

Lol, then let me make it perfectly clear: global warming has happened from about 1820 to 1998 and now seems 'paused' as the NYT might say. This may be due to solar cycles, or whatever, I don't know.

I do not think the case has been made that it is caused primarily by human beings. I suspect we are heading into a short temperature drop, like a mini Ice Age, but I don't know if that is true or not.

I do know that in a greenhouse, there is a daily cycle of temperatures. If we had said greenhouse with a tank of water in it, then in the early morning the upper air would warm first, then the lower air, then the water tank. As it cooled off over night, the air cools from the ground up and the water cools last. Our oceans are still warmer than 'normal' for the last century of measured temps, while the atmosphere seems to be cooling.

Using the real world greenhouse as my model, this would suggest we are going into a cooling phase, but it is still just a guess.

Again, my outrage is directed at those who are trying to silence dissent, trick up their data, and act like scientific Truth is ever held up for a vote. If that is successfully emplaced as a new irrational standard, far more damage will have been done to mankind than Global Warming could ever do. Should that happen, we will have ruined modern science.

Jim,

What do you think happened* between 1941 and 1979?

* -- WRT global temperatures

Last edited:

Jim,

What do you think happened* between 1941 and 1979?

* -- WRT global temperatures

We had a twenty years downturn in temps due to it being in the down part of a 40 year cycle. At least that would be my GUESS. That Hanson and his fellow conspirators try to mask that with fudge factor programs is an outrage.

Forum List

Back