Polar bear expert and scientist Susan Crockford ....FIRED ...

with a tome 5 times longer than the Holy Bible, one can cherry-pick anything they want to out of the report
Oh yeah? Go ahead and "cherry pick" out of the report for us any of the following:

1) man's actions are not causing the current, rapid warming of our climate

2) the oceans are not acidfying

3) no ecosystems are already starting to collapse due to warming

4) there will be no feedback loop, as the tundra thaws

Should be easy for ya, given your confident comments!

Yup the AGW "science is settled " cult strikes again if you dont be a good sheep and sign a piece of paper, no dolla's for you.

AP_17320319755740_c0-87-2024-1267_s885x516.jpg

5'

A polar bear walks over sea ice floating in the Victoria Strait in the Canadian Arctic Archipelago. (AP Photo/David Goldman, file) more >
University dumps professor who found polar bears thriving despite climate change
By Valerie Richardson - The Washington Times - Sunday, October 20, 2019
Nobody has done more to sink the claim that climate change is endangering polar bears than zoologist Susan Crockford — and she may have paid for it with her job.

After 15 years as an adjunct assistant professor, Ms. Crockford said the University of Victoria rejected without explanation in May her renewal application, despite her high profile as a speaker and author stemming from her widely cited research on polar bears and dog domestication.

Ms. Crockford accused officials at the Canadian university of bowing to “outside pressure,” the result of her research showing that polar bear populations are stable and even thriving, not plummeting as a result of shrinking Arctic sea ice, defying claims of the climate change movement.

Her dismissal, which she announced Wednesday in a post on her Polar Bear Science blog, has spurred alarm over the implications for academic freedom and the rise of the “cancel culture” for professors and scientists who challenge climate catastrophe predictions.

“When push came to shove, UVic threw me under the bus rather than stand up for my academic freedom,” said Ms. Crockford, who earned a Ph.D. in interdisciplinary studies, specifically biology and anthropology, in 2004.

Ms. Crockford cited numerous instances of the university promoting her interviews and work, including her participation in a 2007 PBS “Nature” documentary about dog domestication and evolution, as well as her appearances at K-12 schools and adult groups for 10 years through the University of Victoria Speakers Bureau.

That supportive climate changed two years ago. In May 2017, her lectures were shut down after the speakers bureau received a complaint about her “lack of balance,” which “I believe poisoned support I might have expected from colleagues in the department,” she said.

Susan Crockford fired after finding polar bears thriving despite climate change - Washington Times

Garbage article, written by idiots for idiots, which quotes a desperate, unemployed liar.

In reality, she is a denier top to bottom, having publicly denied known facts of climate science in areas in which she has no education or experience. Her public speeches have been widely mocked by people who actuallt know what they are talking about, as she has a penchant for regurgitating talking points outside of her field, and which were crafted by denier goons.

She is not the only polar bear researcher, nor is the scientific community terrified by any measurements of polar bear population.

Hope that helps!

More trashing scientist huh, if it goes against your cult...

Phoney scientists maybe.

Oh yeah? Go ahead and "cherry pick" out of the report for us any of the following:

I agree to this ... man overwhelmingly dominates most of the land area outside Antarctica ... how could we not be changing the climate? ... can we attach a number to the word "rapid"? ... 2ºC over 100 years is rapid compared to what? ...

Again, have a number? ... from pH 7.6 to 7.4 is trivial, but I can't back those numbers so if you've better go ahead and post them ... and drink a soda pop in the meantime ...

How could we tell when we plow the land every year ... all ecosystems are in steep decline due man's intrusions ... but where I live the forests are thriving due to the higher temperatures, so not everyplace is suffering ...

Plenty of negative feedback ... you mean positive feedback, not sure what there is about thawing tundra that causes more tundra to thaw, there's some conservation issues with that ...

Easy peasy ... all on board until the last one, feedback loops are often confused with changing equilibrium ... there's a difference ...

can we attach a number to the word "rapid"? ... 2ºC over 100 years is rapid compared to what? ...
Yes. The "little ice age", for instance, lasted 300 years, with a cooling of about one degree. And it is going to accelerate, of we keep doing what we are doing. That is what terrifies scientists.

I agree to this ... man overwhelmingly dominates most of the land area outside Antarctica ... how could we not be changing the climate? ... can we attach a number to the word "rapid"? ... 2ºC over 100 years is rapid compared to what? ...

Again, have a number? ... from pH 7.6 to 7.4 is trivial, but I can't back those numbers so if you've better go ahead and post them ... and drink a soda pop in the meantime ...

How could we tell when we plow the land every year ... all ecosystems are in steep decline due man's intrusions ... but where I live the forests are thriving due to the higher temperatures, so not everyplace is suffering ...

Plenty of negative feedback ... you mean positive feedback, not sure what there is about thawing tundra that causes more tundra to thaw, there's some conservation issues with that ...

Easy peasy ... all on board until the last one, feedback loops are often confused with changing equilibrium ... there's a difference ...
By the way, Mr. Lots of Questions...If you were honestly curious as to the answers to your questions,you would go ask the scientists -- a/k/a look up the answers -- not nonscientist strangers on the internet on a political message board.

So, excuse me if I doubt your honesty. I sure wouldn't come to UDMB and ask strangers about climate science in order to learn about climate science. But here you are.

Yup the AGW "science is settled " cult strikes again if you dont be a good sheep and sign a piece of paper, no dolla's for you.

5'

A polar bear walks over sea ice floating in the Victoria Strait in the Canadian Arctic Archipelago. (AP Photo/David Goldman, file) more >
University dumps professor who found polar bears thriving despite climate change
Nobody has done more to sink the claim that climate change is endangering polar bears than zoologist Susan Crockford — and she may have paid for it with her job.

After 15 years as an adjunct assistant professor, Ms. Crockford said the University of Victoria rejected without explanation in May her renewal application, despite her high profile as a speaker and author stemming from her widely cited research on polar bears and dog domestication.

Ms. Crockford accused officials at the Canadian university of bowing to “outside pressure,” the result of her research showing that polar bear populations are stable and even thriving, not plummeting as a result of shrinking Arctic sea ice, defying claims of the climate change movement.

Her dismissal, which she announced Wednesday in a post on her Polar Bear Science blog, has spurred alarm over the implications for academic freedom and the rise of the “cancel culture” for professors and scientists who challenge climate catastrophe predictions.

“When push came to shove, UVic threw me under the bus rather than stand up for my academic freedom,” said Ms. Crockford, who earned a Ph.D. in interdisciplinary studies, specifically biology and anthropology, in 2004.

Ms. Crockford cited numerous instances of the university promoting her interviews and work, including her participation in a 2007 PBS “Nature” documentary about dog domestication and evolution, as well as her appearances at K-12 schools and adult groups for 10 years through the University of Victoria Speakers Bureau.

That supportive climate changed two years ago. In May 2017, her lectures were shut down after the speakers bureau received a complaint about her “lack of balance,” which “I believe poisoned support I might have expected from colleagues in the department,” she said.

Susan Crockford fired after finding polar bears thriving despite climate change - Washington Times
Shouldn’t they go kill them all? How dare they exist when they say they don’t.

can we attach a number to the word "rapid"? ... 2ºC over 100 years is rapid compared to what? ...
Yes. The "little ice age", for instance, lasted 300 years, with a cooling of about one degree. And it is going to accelerate, of we keep doing what we are doing. That is what terrifies scientists.

LMFAO...

Run for the hills and hunt buffalo, fear monger..

your a douche

5'

Proving once again that Climate Change is a death worshiping Cult

The denier talking points are back, about the self-proclaimed "Polar Bear expert" who has done zero fieldwork. Another spreadsheet jockey.

That's normal. Deniers love their fake experts.
You have a 2 minute Hate immediately following your goosestepping class

5'

Garbage article, written by idiots for idiots, which quotes a desperate, unemployed liar.

In reality, she is a denier top to bottom, having publicly denied known facts of climate science in areas in which she has no education or experience. Her public speeches have been widely mocked by people who actuallt know what they are talking about, as she has a penchant for regurgitating talking points outside of her field, and which were crafted by denier goons.

She is not the only polar bear researcher, nor is the scientific community terrified by any measurements of polar bear population.

Hope that helps!
Wow. You may as well screech BURN THE WITCH.

5'

Hell yes! No better way to get the consensus you want than through intimidation! gotta love it Democrats!
This is what democracy is all about!

Yup the AGW "science is settled " cult strikes again if you dont be a good sheep and sign a piece of paper, no dolla's for you. A polar bear walks over sea ice floating in the Victoria Strait in the Canadian Arctic Archipelago. (AP Photo/David Goldman, file) more >

Why shouldn't they thrive? With more openings in the sea ice, they are less encumbered to find their favorite food!

how could we not be changing the climate?

explain how we are? That's been the question and turds can't seem to evolve to actual evidence. too funny. post observed empirical evidence.

5'

Hope that helps!

What a weak little quisling response.

Bill Nye is a Mechanical Engineer, but is touted as the 'science guy", so since he is outside his field he should be fired?

Noam Chomsky is a Linguist/Philosopher, but comments outside his areas of "expertise" almost constantly.

Oh wait, those idiots prop up your narratives, so your only response will be some lame attempt to prove it's not the same thing.

Then you will just go off on a tangent because you have no real response, and this will go on for pages.

/mike drop.

The denier talking points are back, about the self-proclaimed "Polar Bear expert" who has done zero fieldwork. Another spreadsheet jockey.

That's normal. Deniers love their fake experts.

So only researchers that have done field work count?

I guess Stephen Hawkings works are all bullshit because he never entered a black hole....

5'

conquer and divide is their motto.

Hell yes! No better way to get the consensus you want than through intimidation! gotta love it Democrats!
This is what democracy is all about!

When you stop and think about it, it's no different than fishing.
If you removed 60% of the cover from a lake the bait is going to congregate in the remaining 40% making it easier for the bass,and fisherman to find their prey.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back