Point of No Return? Sowell Tells Mark Levin He Fears Americans Have Caved In to the Woke Mob

JustAGuy1

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2019
Thomas Sowell appeared with Mark Levin on the July 12 episode of Life, Liberty, and Levin to talk about his new book and to share his opinion on the push to fight “systemic racism” in America. Sowell told Levin that he fears America is approaching a point of no return, and that too many Americans have caved in to those attacking the country as systemically racist. Of the term systemic racism, Sowell said, “It really has no meaning that can be specified and tested in the way that one tests hypotheses.”

Right off the bat, Levin asked Sowell about the rioting that has gone on nightly in America since the murder of George Floyd at the hands of the Minneapolis police. “I’m regarded as pessimistic,” Sowell said, “but I was never pessimistic enough to believe that things would degenerate to the point where they are now, where adult human beings are talking about getting rid of the police … what is frightening is how many people in responsible positions are caving in to every demand that is made, repeating any kind of nonsense that you’re supposed to repeat. I do believe that we may well reach a point of no return. I hope, of course, that will never happen.”

Of the term “systemic racism,” Sowell told Levin it reminds him of Joseph Goebbels. “It does remind me of the propaganda tactics of Joseph Goebbels in the age of the Nazis,” he said. “He was supposed to have said, people will believe any lie if it’s repeated long enough and loud enough. And that’s what we’re getting. It’s one of many words that even the people who use it don’t have any idea what they’re saying. Their premise is served by having other people cave in.”

Leaders have caved but millions of us haven't.

Thomas Sowell appeared with Mark Levin on the July 12 episode of Life, Liberty, and Levin to talk about his new book and to share his opinion on the push to fight “systemic racism” in America. Sowell told Levin that he fears America is approaching a point of no return, and that too many Americans have caved in to those attacking the country as systemically racist. Of the term systemic racism, Sowell said, “It really has no meaning that can be specified and tested in the way that one tests hypotheses.”

Right off the bat, Levin asked Sowell about the rioting that has gone on nightly in America since the murder of George Floyd at the hands of the Minneapolis police. “I’m regarded as pessimistic,” Sowell said, “but I was never pessimistic enough to believe that things would degenerate to the point where they are now, where adult human beings are talking about getting rid of the police … what is frightening is how many people in responsible positions are caving in to every demand that is made, repeating any kind of nonsense that you’re supposed to repeat. I do believe that we may well reach a point of no return. I hope, of course, that will never happen.”

Of the term “systemic racism,” Sowell told Levin it reminds him of Joseph Goebbels. “It does remind me of the propaganda tactics of Joseph Goebbels in the age of the Nazis,” he said. “He was supposed to have said, people will believe any lie if it’s repeated long enough and loud enough. And that’s what we’re getting. It’s one of many words that even the people who use it don’t have any idea what they’re saying. Their premise is served by having other people cave in.”

Sowell is rarely wrong

these spineless elected leaders are feeding the alligator while hoping it wont eat them

I've said it here several times..."systemic" racism is bullshit and a meaningless lie.
The people in BLM that pass for intellectuals use the term all the time like it has real
valid meaning and it does not.

The kind of racism people should watch out for is when someone like Jessica Whitaker is killed in
broad daylight after arguing with BLM thugs over ALL lives mattering.

The supreme court disagrees with Sowell.

Sowell has been consistently wrong. But he will get richer. You guys will buy his books because he makes you feel good about being racists.
Angry? Butt hurt? Bitterly disappointed because Thomas Sowell is a respected author and thinker and you are
just a piss ant nobody posting your craziness from time to time to derision and rejection?

The only time you two belong is the same sentence is "Thomas Sowell is a brilliant thinker but IM2 is a delusional racist crank".

SCOTUS decisions several times fucked the black people over, yes their decisions have been wrong, painfully wrong.

Sowell is well educated, authored books and has wealth because he works hard for it.

That is why he bothers you so much, he doesn't fit with your victimization ideology.

IQ2 hates anyone who actually works for a living and is successful at it.

Well this American sure as hell hasn't and isn't about to anytime soon.

I have always enjoyed Thomas Sowell's writings. He is still on the mark. I was getting alarmed with the rhetoric heard these days about BLM leading into Defunding Police Departments and such. He just confirms my fears. We need to pray for our country.

SCOTUS decisions several times fucked the black people over, yes their decisions have been wrong, painfully wrong.

Sowell is well educated, authored books and has wealth because he works hard for it.

That is why he bothers you so much, he doesn't fit with your victimization ideology.
Sowell has a Ph.d. I have a masters. Sowell bothers me because he's wrong. There is no victimization ideology, that bullshit is racial gaslighting. I've been read whites complaining about things here since I joined and none of it is considered victimization ideology. So fuck that.

Sowell is an economist, not a social scientist. Dr. Julius Wilson has slammed Sowells work relative to race. So I will respect Sowells knowledge about economics but he's a sellout and his views on race are a hindrance to black progress.

IQ2 hates anyone who actually works for a living and is successful at it.
So that means I hate myself.

It's our own fault. Conservatives were preoccupied building the greatest economy in history while liberal useful idiots took over public education and brainwashed entire generations.

Sowell has a Ph.d. I have a masters. Sowell bothers me because he's wrong. There is no victimization ideology, that bullshit is racial gaslighting. I've been read whites complaining about things here since I joined and none of it is considered victimization ideology. So fuck that.

Sowell is an economist, not a social scientist. Dr. Julius Wilson has slammed Sowells work relative to race. So I will respect Sowells knowledge about economics but he's a sellout and his views on race are a hindrance to black progress.

He hinders black progress?

:auiqs.jpg:

Meanwhile you don't complain about Al $harpton (tax evader) and Je$$ie Jack$on (anti-Semite) behavior and activities.

You are a hypocrite!

Forum List

Back