Poacher shot dead after his gang kill elephant

If poaching elephants is something we can applaud killing the poachers for, what about wholesame industrial-scale hunting and fishing. What the guys on "The Deadliest Catch" catching thousands of individual animals for simply money? They killable? If not, why not. Why is 1 elephant worth a human's life, but thousands of crab or fish isn't?

Sweet!!! I hate poachers,matter of fact the Operation game thief number is on my phone.
The biggest offenders in Texas are Orientals and Mexicans,they'll keep anything.
I've watched em throw cast nets and keep three inch reds and flounder.
You are advocating shooting deal people who don't throw back fish? Obviously because they are not 'white' Americans. I know you think this is a joke, but it is a sick one and you are disgusting.

Sometimes I get mad when I'm fishing and I think about the rules. I have to pay the government to catch a fucking fish? How free are we then? Reminds me of back in England when you'd get killed if they caught you hunting on the kings land.

What if an American is poor and hungry and wants fish tonight instead of dog food?

I completely get why we have DNR but sometimes it doesn't make any sense. At least on the lake I live on there are no DNR. I don't know why they never come out but they don't. And the cop on the lake doesn't ask or care about fishing licences. He only cares about life jackets, are you drunk, do you have a registration etc. But most of us just catch and release. I just don't like it that a poor person could get a $100 ticket for trying to eat.
If an American is poor and hungry, he can go to a food bank. Maybe won't get fresh fish, maybe fish sticks, but food. People in America don't really have to eat dog food, if they can manage to make use of the system. Some people, because they are not well mentally, can't manage the system.

Sweet!!! I hate poachers,matter of fact the Operation game thief number is on my phone.
The biggest offenders in Texas are Orientals and Mexicans,they'll keep anything.
You are advocating shooting deal people who don't throw back fish? Obviously because they are not 'white' Americans. I know you think this is a joke, but it is a sick one and you are disgusting.

Much of the outrage people display over things like this is hypocritical. How many bugs do they step on walking around? Is their outrage dependent upon being able to see the animal, or it being cute and cuddly? Do they eat meat? Do they patronize stores or businesses which exploit animals in some way? Wouldn't that make their whole position utterly worthless?
What the fuck are you talking about? He's advocating shooting people, and you are talking about stepping on insects? Are you sane?

No, it's pretty clear you're the insane one. For I never once advocated shooting anyone.
WATCH OUT!!! There's a racist behind that tree!!!
It was a typo: real people.

Wow. I'm not insane and I'm not lacking in awareness either. You read a post about shooting poachers and comment on how sweet it is, and then you make a joke about Mexican and Oriental poachers. Now you say your intentions are completely innocent and you are not being racist and not advocating shooting people? Really? If you don't know what you are doing, then you are a complete moron. I mean, who do the fuck do you think you're kidding? Get real.

The truth is racist?
And it's no joke,mexicans and orientals are the biggest poachers on the Texas Gulf coast.
They dont even bring fishing poles,just cast nets. And not only are they keeping undersized fish they are using a net to do it,which is also illegal.
So go fuck yourself ya skanky ho.

If poaching elephants is something we can applaud killing the poachers for, what about wholesame industrial-scale hunting and fishing. What the guys on "The Deadliest Catch" catching thousands of individual animals for simply money? They killable? If not, why not. Why is 1 elephant worth a human's life, but thousands of crab or fish isn't?

Numbers.

You are comparing apples and oranges. Wild animals need to be protected. That's the bottom line. We are talking about animals that live on wild life lands owned by the Kenyan government. They are not domesticated animals on farms and meant for food, and it is not the same as hunting with a license. They are not available for hunting, in the same way we are not allowed to hunt whales.

An elephant worth a human life? If it is the law of the land, then the human needs to obey the law or face the consequences. The Kenyan government knows what it is doing in protecting its wild life.

You are comparing apples and oranges. Wild animals need to be protected. That's the bottom line. We are talking about animals that live on wild life lands owned by the Kenyan government. They are not domesticated animals on farms; it is not the same as hunting with a license. They are not available for hunting, in the same way we are not allowed to hunt whales.

An elephant worth a human life? If it is the law of the land, then the human needs to obey the law or face the consequences. The Kenyan government knows what it is doing in protecting its wild life.

You sick fuck!! You're advocating killing black people for killing an animal!

You are comparing apples and oranges. Wild animals need to be protected. That's the bottom line. We are talking about animals that live on wild life lands owned by the Kenyan government. They are not domesticated animals on farms; it is not the same as hunting with a license. They are not available for hunting, in the same way we are not allowed to hunt whales.

You are a waste of space. And on ignore now. People talk about what a jackass you are, and they are right.

You are comparing apples and oranges. Wild animals need to be protected. That's the bottom line. We are talking about animals that live on wild life lands owned by the Kenyan government. They are not domesticated animals on farms and meant for food, and it is not the same as hunting with a license. They are not available for hunting, in the same way we are not allowed to hunt whales.

Didn't we have a bit of disagreement a while back on the morality of laws granting one animal the right to own and exploit another animal?

All life is as deserving of that life as all others. Be it a single-celled something or a blue whale, size doesn't matter. Either it's all sacrosanct, or none of it is.

You are a waste of space. And on ignore now. People talk about what a jackass you are, and they are right.

Only people like you think I'm an asshole...which is my intent.
Nice to know I'm making a difference.

If a law a government writes saying this is ok, but this isn't is your standard then you'd be supporting some reprehensible things. Slavery for example. Just because something' legal doesn't mean it's moral, just as something being moral doesn't make it legal. Rather we have to see things where human beings are a part of the chain of life and not special class exemptions to it. We're part of nature, not a separated class outside, above, or alongside of it. Thus if killing some animals is acceptable because it's legal, any animal's fine. When you begin pick and choosing which are ok, or when or why it's ok you loose the whole arguement becomming hypocritical.

I love animals, I risk evictionfeeding squirrels and duckies here every year, however I don't try and rationalize it by saying some animals by virtue of being cute and cuddly are more deserving of my love than others.

Didn't we have a bit of disagreement a while back on the morality of laws granting one animal the right to own and exploit another animal?

All life is as deserving of that life as all others. Be it a single-celled something or a blue whale, size doesn't matter. Either it's all sacrosanct, or none of it is.
We didn't have an disagreement about it. I wouldn't even bother to entertain the idea that a single celled something or other was equal to a whale. That's ludicrous and not even worth discussing.

Sometimes I get mad when I'm fishing and I think about the rules. I have to pay the government to catch a fucking fish? How free are we then? Reminds me of back in England when you'd get killed if they caught you hunting on the kings land.

What if an American is poor and hungry and wants fish tonight instead of dog food?

I completely get why we have DNR but sometimes it doesn't make any sense. At least on the lake I live on there are no DNR. I don't know why they never come out but they don't. And the cop on the lake doesn't ask or care about fishing licences. He only cares about life jackets, are you drunk, do you have a registration etc. But most of us just catch and release. I just don't like it that a poor person could get a $100 ticket for trying to eat.
If an American is poor and hungry, he can go to a food bank. Maybe won't get fresh fish, maybe fish sticks, but food. People in America don't really have to eat dog food, if they can manage to make use of the system. Some people, because they are not well mentally, can't manage the system.

My foreign friend who's lived all over the world and country says metro Detroit sucks as far as transportation goes. If you don't have a car or friends to drive you around in metro detroit you are screwed. We need a bus so that a person that lives where I live can walk to a bus stop and take buses to get anywhere they need to get. Even if they have to make several stops or make transfers along the way. It may take you a couple hours to get a half hour away but it would be nice if we had a bus system. I think they are debating it now. In fact I think a bus from my city to Detroit got voted down because they didn't want it to bring in poor people from the city. That's stupid. No one is coming via bus to rob, murder and steal. If they get on a bus they probably are coming to work.

But I understand the buses aren't profitable? No doubt they are subsodized.

Another thing they can use is Uber. Do you have that where you live? I guess what would cost $30 by cab only costs $10 via uber.

If a law a government writes saying this is ok, but this isn't is your standard then you'd be supporting some reprehensible things. Slavery for example. Just because something' legal doesn't mean it's moral, just as something being moral doesn't make it legal. Rather we have to see things where human beings are a part of the chain of life and not special class exemptions to it. We're part of nature, not a separated class outside, above, or alongside of it. Thus if killing some animals is acceptable because it's legal, any animal's fine. When you begin pick and choosing which are ok, or when or why it's ok you loose the whole arguement becomming hypocritical.

I love animals, I risk evictionfeeding squirrels and duckies here every year, however I don't try and rationalize it by saying some animals by virtue of being cute and cuddly are more deserving of my love than others.
So you like rats and cockroaches and hairy spiders?

We didn't have an disagreement about it. I wouldn't even bother to entertain the idea that a single celled something or other was equal to a whale. That's ludicrous and not even worth discussing.

Should look up paradox of the heap then. If a thousand grains of sand is a "heap of sand" what's a 999 grain pile called? If a blue whale's more deserving of life and our protection but a single-celled critter isn't, how many cells are required before we regard it like we do the whale?

No we have a food chain and some animals are lower on that food chain than others. If you want to eradicate the rat or mouse I wouldn't complain as much as if you wanted to kill all the sharks.

And even the rat serves a purpose. They feed the snakes and hawks and eagles. Keep fucking with elephants and polar bears and the rat could become a delicacy along with your dog and cat. LOL.

My foreign friend who's lived all over the world and country says metro Detroit sucks as far as transportation goes. If you don't have a car or friends to drive you around in metro detroit you are screwed. We need a bus so that a person that lives where I live can walk to a bus stop and take buses to get anywhere they need to get. Even if they have to make several stops or make transfers along the way. It may take you a couple hours to get a half hour away but it would be nice if we had a bus system. I think they are debating it now. In fact I think a bus from my city to Detroit got voted down because they didn't want it to bring in poor people from the city. That's stupid. No one is coming via bus to rob, murder and steal. If they get on a bus they probably are coming to work.

Another thing they can use is Uber. Do you have that where you live? I guess what would cost $30 by cab only costs $10 via uber.
What's an uber? Where I live there is no public transportation at all: none. And what point are you trying to make?

Should look up paradox of the heap then. If a thousand grains of sand is a "heap of sand" what's a 999 grain pile called? If a blue whale's more deserving of life and our protection but a single-celled critter isn't, how many cells are required before we regard it like we do the whale?
You need help.

Spiders are great! Imagine how many bugs and mosquitos and flys would be in your home if not for them.

Cockroaches and rats will be here long after we're gone.

Isn't about liking or not liking things but acknowledging all life has as much right to go on living as all others. If you would be against the harvesting of whales, what about wars involving your own species? Do you oppose all wars just as you do killing a whale? If so why is killing your own species acceptable to you, but killing another species isn't? If you don't support wars, or killing whales why is killing creatures you don't like as with cockroaches and spiders ok but others aren't? Don't spiders and cockroaches play some role in the interconnectivity of all species?

What's an uber? Where I live there is no public transportation at all: none. And what point are you trying to make?

You just said people can go to food banks. I don't know where one is in my area but I do live on a lake and in the Great Lakes State of Michigan. I bet a lot of people who are broke and out of work and hungry might catch and eat a fish even if they don't have a fishing licence. And they are too proud to go to a food bank. Plus they need a fish to go with that corn and powdered mash potatoes or raman noodles. LOL

Forum List

Back