Plot to behead Pamela Geller

If you could think for yourself you could spot an actual partisan from someone who just doesn't agree with your lame-ass and hyper-opinionated approach to life.

Saying religion is insane is like saying war is insane, and the believers in both are a threat to the rest of us therefore to be hated as an evil, which they are.
Not being a partisan ideologue doesn't mean that I don't have strong opinions. Of course I do.

It just means that I have no obligation to either (a) obediently, transparently and predictably fall in line with one silly end of the political spectrum or (b) employ spin, hyperbole, distortion, diversion, deflection, straw man arguments or outright lies to protect my "side".

Not sure why this needs to be so complicated to understand. My guess is that adherence to a hardcore partisan ideology distorts perceptions, rendering the individual essentially unable to see what should be obvious.
It's not hard to understand, or complicated, you just can't for the life of you figure out what is and isn't partisan, who is and isn't an ideologue.
Ah. Okay.

I'll help.

Tell us what these people are, based on the above discussion.

Palin
Reagan
Bin Laden
JFK
Nixon
Bill Donahue
Random guy who says Clinton should have kept his pants on. Go.
Ugh. Really? Why does this matter so much?

Okay, based on my criteria,

Palin - Oh yes
Reagan - Yes
Bin Laden - Tough to say. Religious zealot, not so sure about his politics.
JFK - I don't have that feeling about him, no
Nixon - Probably
Bill Donahue - Yes, although the religion overtakes politics
Random guy who says Clinton should have kept his pants on - Not enough information

Palin - yes
Reagan - no
Bin Laden - yes
JFK - no
Nixon - no
Bill Donahue - yes
Random Democrat who says Clinton should have kept his pants on - no.

The last one is me BTW.

Defending freedom of speech means that you have to defend the right of idiots like Lakhota to spew anti-Semetic rants on boards like this. It's part of the price we pay for true freedom. ISIS wishes to take that freedom away.
The list of censors is very long. Find me a group that doesn't wand censorship of someone or some thing and you've found liberals, there are no others.

Did that post make any sense to you, House? I don't have the faintest idea what you're saying with that...
The only people who will allow for free speech are liberals. Like gun control, everyone wants it for someone else. Find a religion that doesn't mind being talked badly about and you won't have a religion on your hands. They all want critics censored, it's their very nature.

I was raised as a Congregationalist, House...went to Sunday school every week...went to church every Sunday. I can't remember EVER hearing anyone talk about "critics" or about "censoring" anyone! There was never an "us against them" mentality like you see with so many modern day Islamists.

Those who want to deprive others of the right to free speech because they don't agree with them...need to step back and think about what would happen if their own right of free speech was curtailed.

I wonder if the Lakhota's of the world are smart enough to figure that kind of thing out?

You're only partially correct......YOU could not openly state that you would assassinate the president......or that you've jokingly stated that you placed a bomb on an airplane.......and defend your stupidity under the free speech mantra.

Defending freedom of speech means that you have to defend the right of idiots like Lakhota to spew anti-Semetic rants on boards like this. It's part of the price we pay for true freedom. ISIS wishes to take that freedom away.
The list of censors is very long. Find me a group that doesn't wand censorship of someone or some thing and you've found liberals, there are no others.

Did that post make any sense to you, House? I don't have the faintest idea what you're saying with that...
The only people who will allow for free speech are liberals. Like gun control, everyone wants it for someone else. Find a religion that doesn't mind being talked badly about and you won't have a religion on your hands. They all want critics censored, it's their very nature.

Your saying it as 'fact' doesn't make it so. Indeed, those advocating curtailing of bill of rights are nearly all 'liberal.' Whether on the college campus or the mosques, churches, and synagogues.
That is entirely untrue. Liberals curtail rights only as absolutely necessary. If you find someone who thinks rights need to be limited beyond that you aren't talking to a liberal. If you find someone who thinks we should tear the whole thing down and start over you aren't talking to a conservative either.

Those who want to deprive others of the right to free speech because they don't agree with them...need to step back and think about what would happen if their own right of free speech was curtailed.

I wonder if the Lakhota's of the world are smart enough to figure that kind of thing out?

You're only partially correct......YOU could not openly state that you would assassinate the president......or that you've jokingly stated that you placed a bomb on an airplane.......and defend your stupidity under the free speech mantra.

That goes to laws that have been enacted for public safety, Nat. It's the crying "FIRE" in a crowded theater exception.

Between you and me? I'm all for those. I think arresting someone for saying they want to kill the President is ridiculous. Arrest those that actually plot to do so.

I totally support Geller's right of free speech. I also support her right to the consequences.

Yesterday I started a thread about the other nitwit in AZ who tried to pull the same stunt as Geller.........However, this latest nut-job is asking for donations of $10 million to "fortify his house and defend his family" from the people he had wanted to insult through the stunt.

I suppose there's a "pattern" that is emerging.

I was raised as a Congregationalist, House...went to Sunday school every week...went to church every Sunday. I can't remember EVER hearing anyone talk about "critics" or about "censoring" anyone! There was never an "us against them" mentality like you see with so many modern day Islamists.
Both your holy books are us versus them. The reason it didn't come up is because Christianity here is just the default faith of those who mostly ignore it. You have a Sunday School version of the faith, I can bet on it, and that's not the real faith.

The problem for you is a true believer of Islam is allowed to conquer the world, it's part of the faith, and they are much more faithful than Sunday church-going American Christians who pray to a Profit not a Prophet in nearly all cases.

Your saying it as 'fact' doesn't make it so. Indeed, those advocating curtailing of bill of rights are nearly all 'liberal.' Whether on the college campus or the mosques, churches, and synagogues.
That is entirely untrue. Liberals curtail rights only as absolutely necessary. If you find someone who thinks rights need to be limited beyond that you aren't talking to a liberal. If you find someone who thinks we should tear the whole thing down and start over you aren't talking to a conservative either.

You are wrong in statements regarding liberals and 'absolutely necessary.' They wish to silence any disagreement of any of their interests, as stated prior; from classrooms to pseudoscience to religious freedoms to curtailing the Bill of Rights. In their opinions, which you illustrate so very well, there should be no dissent from their stances.

If you believe in religion then you are, by definition. You accept the irrational as worthy, which it isn't, therefore your thoughts and actions pose a danger to others who don't believe as you do. God only know what you might do in the name of your religion then.

I'm not sure that makes sense. But I assure you I am no threat.
Oh but you are. Thinking that you, and your irrational beliefs called religion, aren't is the very first sign.

Really? You are that scared of religion? Many great people have been and are religious. Just because some are bad doesn't mean being religious in itself is a threat.
All religion is evil, all of it. It promotes irrational thinking making for irrational people. Not subjective, that's human, irrational people who believe in dangerous irrational ideas. This whole thread is a discussion of said thing and the danger such insanity posses to the world.

And it gives people hope when they have nothing else. Sometimes just praying makes people feel better just because they are doing something. I've known many religious people. Those I would call bad are quite rare.
Hope is also a disease, it keeps you from doing what you should be doing.

They wish to silence any disagreement of any of their interests, as stated prior; from classrooms to pseudoscience to religious freedoms to curtailing the Bill of Rights.
No, they don't. That, Mac, is a partisan spewing partisan nonsense.

And liberals wrote the BoR, along with the rest of the Constitution.

I'm not sure that makes sense. But I assure you I am no threat.
Oh but you are. Thinking that you, and your irrational beliefs called religion, aren't is the very first sign.

Really? You are that scared of religion? Many great people have been and are religious. Just because some are bad doesn't mean being religious in itself is a threat.
All religion is evil, all of it. It promotes irrational thinking making for irrational people. Not subjective, that's human, irrational people who believe in dangerous irrational ideas. This whole thread is a discussion of said thing and the danger such insanity posses to the world.

And it gives people hope when they have nothing else. Sometimes just praying makes people feel better just because they are doing something. I've known many religious people. Those I would call bad are quite rare.

Sometimes there is nothing else you can do.

Bad people often use religion as a tool. That does not mean religion itself is bad. My church does a lot to feed the poor and give to charity. It brings people together and makes friends. There is no evil in that.

Both your holy books are us versus them. The reason it didn't come up is because Christianity here is just the default faith of those who mostly ignore it. You have a Sunday School version of the faith, I can bet on it, and that's not the real faith.

The problem for you is a true believer of Islam is allowed to conquer the world, it's part of the faith, and they are much more faithful than Sunday church-going American Christians who pray to a Profit not a Prophet in nearly all cases.

First of all, they aren't "my" holy books because I'm an agnostic. The difference between my former religion and Islam in today's world is that I have no fears that my former church is going to "get" me for abandoning the faith whereas in many countries turning away from Islam is punishable by death. Say what you will about American Christians...they aren't stoning people to death or cutting their heads off because they don't believe in Jesus!

Say what you will about American Christians...they aren't stoning people to death or cutting their heads off because they don't believe in Jesus!
Nope, but they used to, and will again given a chance, which is why we can't let them have one.

And agnostic, good for you. That is the only rational position.

Bad people often use religion as a tool. That does not mean religion itself is bad. My church does a lot to feed the poor and give to charity. It brings people together and makes friends. There is no evil in that.
Muslims do the same, it's part of the faith. Islam Guide What Are the Five Pillars of Islam

That doesn't for a second mean they still aren't batfucking crazy eh?

Muslims do the same, it's part of the faith. Islam Guide What Are the Five Pillars of Islam

I know several Muslims who are not at all crazy.

If they believe in the faith they are, you just don't know it because you are as irrational as they are.

That goes to laws that have been enacted for public safety, Nat. It's the crying "FIRE" in a crowded theater exception.

Ahhhhh, you missed the point when you cite that some forms of "free speech" are against the law.......for an Islamist crazed individual man-made laws (as even St. Augustine acknowledged) are secondary to God's laws....
Ask yourself, are all laws moral? Is morality always lawful or not?

If they believe in the faith they are, you just don't know it because you are as irrational as they are.

Are you so irrational to believe that all the worlds problems would disappear without them? Evil would just use a different tool.

Are you so irrational to believe that all the worlds problems would disappear without them?
Nope, but it would help greatly. A rational world doesn't fly planes into buildings because God told them to, or believe that homosexuals are dangerous and evil because that's what a holy book says.

Forum List

Back