Plot to behead Pamela Geller

Guess you are the one with a problem then? Being a dartboard for others just makes you into a pussy. Find something that matters and fight for it instead of sitting on your ass calling everyone else unreasonable.
Another symptom of adherence to partisan ideology is the notion that everyone has to be on one "side" or the other, to "take a stand" like we're children playing soldiers.

Fortunately, a majority still choose to think for ourselves. We see the grey areas, the nuance, the complicated nature of life. We also see the damage you folks are doing with your absolutism and hyperbole.

If you could think for yourself you could spot an actual partisan from someone who just doesn't agree with your lame-ass and hyper-opinionated approach to life.

Saying religion is insane is like saying war is insane, and the believers in both are a threat to the rest of us therefore to be hated as an evil, which they are.

I believe in religion and am not a thread [sic]. That is just foolish.
If you believe in religion then you are, by definition. You accept the irrational as worthy, which it isn't, therefore your thoughts and actions pose a danger to others who don't believe as you do. God only know what you might do in the name of your religion then.

I feel sorry for you... seriously. You are one miserable human being.
Nope, I'm quite cheerful for cynic who thinks humanity is a disease, an idea which is reenforced daily by people such as yourself. Religious scum unworthy of anything that matters.

To not see the American Taliban means you are blind, but you think only actions matter so there you go, you're blind.
Yeah, I get the same kind of absolutist silliness from the Tea Partiers.

Pretty funny how many similarities there are on the ends.

Guess you are the one with a problem then? Being a dartboard for others just makes you into a pussy. Find something that matters and fight for it instead of sitting on your ass calling everyone else unreasonable.
Another symptom of adherence to partisan ideology is the notion that everyone has to be on one "side" or the other, to "take a stand" like we're children playing soldiers.

Fortunately, a majority still choose to think for ourselves. We see the grey areas, the nuance, the complicated nature of life. We also see the damage you folks are doing with your absolutism and hyperbole.

If you could think for yourself you could spot an actual partisan from someone who just doesn't agree with your lame-ass and hyper-opinionated approach to life.

Saying religion is insane is like saying war is insane, and the believers in both are a threat to the rest of us therefore to be hated as an evil, which they are.
Not being a partisan ideologue doesn't mean that I don't have strong opinions. Of course I do.

It just means that I have no obligation to either (a) obediently, transparently and predictably fall in line with one silly end of the political spectrum or (b) employ spin, hyperbole, distortion, diversion, deflection, straw man arguments or outright lies to protect my "side".

Not sure why this needs to be so complicated to understand. My guess is that adherence to a hardcore partisan ideology distorts perceptions, rendering the individual essentially unable to see what should be obvious.
It's not hard to understand, or complicated, you just can't for the life of you figure out what is and isn't partisan, who is and isn't an ideologue.

Not being a partisan ideologue doesn't mean that I don't have strong opinions. Of course I do.

It just means that I have no obligation to either (a) obediently, transparently and predictably fall in line with one silly end of the political spectrum or (b) employ spin, hyperbole, distortion, diversion, deflection, straw man arguments or outright lies to protect my "side".

Not sure why this needs to be so complicated to understand. My guess is that adherence to a hardcore partisan ideology distorts perceptions, rendering the individual essentially unable to see what should be obvious.
It's not hard to understand, or complicated, you just can't for the life of you figure out what is and isn't partisan, who is and isn't an ideologue.
Ah. Okay.

(CNN) —Usaamah Rahim, who was fatally shot after waving a military knife at law enforcement officers in Boston, was originally plotting to behead Pamela Geller, an activist and conservative blogger, law enforcement sources told CNN on Wednesday.

But Rahim, a 26-year-old security guard who officials believe was radicalized by ISIS and other extremists, decided instead to target the "boys in blue," a reference to police, according to court documents.

"I can't wait that long," he said of the original beheading plan, according to an FBI affidavit filed in federal court in Boston on Wednesday.

Geller drew national attention last month after an off-duty police officer working security thwarted an attack at her organization's contest for Prophet Mohammed drawings in Garland, Texas. She's president of the American Freedom Defense Initiative, which includes subsidiary programs Stop Islamization of America and Stop Islamization of Nations.

"They targeted me for violating Sharia blasphemy laws. They mean to kill everyone who doesn't do their bidding and abide by their law voluntarily," Geller told CNN's Erin Burnett.

"This is a showdown for American freedom. Will we stand against this savagery or bow down to them and silence ourselves?"

Geller said that she's had an "army of security" since last month's thwarted attack.

"This is what is required just to show a cartoon in America, 2015," she said. "It's striking. It's devastating, and people need to understand what's at stake. I mean, if we surrender on this point, what will we surrender next?"

More: Plot to kill conservative activist Geller - National News - KCCI Home

Geller should surrender to ISIS. When you poke a hornet's nest - expect to get stung.

I thought you were going to outline a plot YOU had to behead the enemy of the party, Shitting Bull....

Ah. Okay.

I'll help.

Tell us what these people are, based on the above discussion.

Palin
Reagan
Bin Laden
JFK
Nixon
Bill Donahue
Random guy who says Clinton should have kept his pants on. Go.

I'm quite familiar with the real world. And I'm familiar with right and wrong. I guess in your world the person who can beat up the other is always right?
Nope, but it doesn't matter fuck all when you are getting your ass kicked now does it? How does being in the right while being beaten to death help you? Oh right, it doesn't.

No and only a fool would support that kind of thing.

If you believe in religion then you are, by definition. You accept the irrational as worthy, which it isn't, therefore your thoughts and actions pose a danger to others who don't believe as you do. God only know what you might do in the name of your religion then.

I'm not sure that makes sense. But I assure you I am no threat.

Defending freedom of speech means that you have to defend the right of idiots like Lakhota to spew anti-Semetic rants on boards like this. It's part of the price we pay for true freedom. ISIS wishes to take that freedom away.
The list of censors is very long. Find me a group that doesn't wand censorship of someone or some thing and you've found liberals, there are no others.

Did that post make any sense to you, House? I don't have the faintest idea what you're saying with that...

I'm quite familiar with the real world. And I'm familiar with right and wrong. I guess in your world the person who can beat up the other is always right?
Nope, but it doesn't matter fuck all when you are getting your ass kicked now does it? How does being in the right while being beaten to death help you? Oh right, it doesn't.

Support has nothing to do with it. I don't have to advocate for reality, I simply deal with what it is. Now it's your turn, don't piss into the wind and complain about wet pants. You can call it unfair, or unjust, or unacceptable all day long and it won't change a fucking thing. Just deal with it, that's what smart people do.

Oh but you are. Thinking that you, and your irrational beliefs called religion, aren't is the very first sign.

Support has nothing to do with it. I don't have to advocate for reality, I simply deal with what it is. Now it's your turn, don't piss into the wind and complain about wet pants. You can call it unfair, or unjust, or unacceptable all day long and it won't change a fucking thing. Just deal with it, that's what smart people do.

So then you are against it as much as I am?

Those who want to deprive others of the right to free speech because they don't agree with them...need to step back and think about what would happen if their own right of free speech was curtailed.

I wonder if the Lakhota's of the world are smart enough to figure that kind of thing out?

I totally support Geller's right of free speech. I also support her right to the consequences.

So you think being beheaded is a proper "consequence" for a cartoon? Really, Lakhota?

Defending freedom of speech means that you have to defend the right of idiots like Lakhota to spew anti-Semetic rants on boards like this. It's part of the price we pay for true freedom. ISIS wishes to take that freedom away.
The list of censors is very long. Find me a group that doesn't wand censorship of someone or some thing and you've found liberals, there are no others.

Did that post make any sense to you, House? I don't have the faintest idea what you're saying with that...
The only people who will allow for free speech are liberals. Like gun control, everyone wants it for someone else. Find a religion that doesn't mind being talked badly about and you won't have a religion on your hands. They all want critics censored, it's their very nature.

Oh but you are. Thinking that you, and your irrational beliefs called religion, aren't is the very first sign.

Really? You are that scared of religion? Many great people have been and are religious. Just because some are bad doesn't mean being religious in itself is a threat.

Ah. Okay.

I'll help.

Tell us what these people are, based on the above discussion.

Palin
Reagan
Bin Laden
JFK
Nixon
Bill Donahue
Random guy who says Clinton should have kept his pants on. Go.
Ugh. Really? Why does this matter so much?

Okay, based on my criteria,

Palin - Oh yes
Reagan - Yes
Bin Laden - Tough to say. Religious zealot, not so sure about his politics.
JFK - I don't have that feeling about him, no
Nixon - Probably
Bill Donahue - Yes, although the religion overtakes politics
Random guy who says Clinton should have kept his pants on - Not enough information

So then you are against it as much as I am?
I am for Law and Order, but unlike you I don't pretend that it exists or that I will survive pissing off 1.6 billion people just because I can.

What people like Lakhota can't seem to grasp is that the same people who were coming for Pamela Geller this time will be coming for them next time for the beliefs that liberals have. Don't fool yourself. If you think ISIS is going to look the other way on the issues that YOU value then you're incredibly naive.

Really? You are that scared of religion? Many great people have been and are religious. Just because some are bad doesn't mean being religious in itself is a threat.
All religion is evil, all of it. It promotes irrational thinking making for irrational people. Not subjective, that's human, irrational people who believe in dangerous irrational ideas. This whole thread is a discussion of said thing and the danger such insanity posses to the world.

The only people who will allow for free speech are liberals. Like gun control, everyone wants it for someone else. Find a religion that doesn't mind being talked badly about and you won't have a religion on your hands. They all want critics censored, it's their very nature.

The type of response however is very important. Not liking what someone is saying is quite different than calling for their death. I don't recall the pope calling for anyone's death.

Your saying it as 'fact' doesn't make it so. Indeed, those advocating curtailing of bill of rights are nearly all 'liberal.' Whether on the college campus or the mosques, churches, and synagogues.

All religion is evil, all of it. It promotes irrational thinking making for irrational people. Not subjective, that's human, irrational people who believe in dangerous irrational ideas. This whole thread is a discussion of said thing and the danger such insanity posses to the world.

And it gives people hope when they have nothing else. Sometimes just praying makes people feel better just because they are doing something. I've known many religious people. Those I would call bad are quite rare.

Forum List

Back