CDZ Please explain to me, The term "undocumented" is this a PC term for "illegal immigrant"?

I keep hearing this being used to describe illegals from Mexico. I don't know if this is a PC term for illegal immigrants, a term to describe a specific situation for someone who had a VISA and it expired, or, one of the "dreamers" who was born in America because their parents were illegal, yadda yadda.

It's just a synonym for illegal immigrant and "dreamer." The dreamers are technically illegally in the U.S., but they got something of a reprieve, thus to have one term that covers them and the rest of the illegal immigrant community without forcing a whole lot of "back and forth," we have the term "undocumented" immigrant. It's just shorter than saying "illegal immigrants and DREAMERS."

Since all types of illegal immigrants lack citizenship documents or valid visa documents, they are property termed "undocumented." Granted the term does sound like a PC one, but it's not. In fact, it's actually a very accurate and precise description of them.

Last edited:
I keep hearing this being used to describe illegals from Mexico. I don't know if this is a PC term for illegal immigrants, a term to describe a specific situation for someone who had a VISA and it expired, or, one of the "dreamers" who was born in America because their parents were illegal, yadda yadda.

Can someone explain this term to me please? If it is just a politically correct term for "illegal immigrant", it needs to be wiped from the lexicon, it's an insult to the terminology.

I await any information that you guys could provide.

Yes....it is the P.C. way to hide the fact that the individual broke the law and is in the country illegally.......the left hates "illegal alien" because it is accurate, and conveys the actual criminal status they hold....

You will hear a lot of BS from the Right on this, but "Undocumented" simply means someone who can not produce proof that he is in this country legally, BUT, has not yet been convicted of being an "illegal alien" in a court of law. In spite of the Right wanting to skip the person's right to a trial, a person is simply not an "illegal alien", until he has been convicted of that in court.

Yes....just like john wayne gacy wasn't a serial killer until they found the bodies of 30 young men in his basement...it wasn't until after he was convicted that he was actually a serial killer.....

Here....this might help....

Media Meltdown: PolitiFact Says It Is 'Not a Crime' To Be An Illegal Alien

First off, crossing the border illegally actually is a crime. It is called illegal entry. Even American citizens who enter their own country illegally, say, to avoid customs, are committing a crime. Try dodging customs and see if you aren't in all kinds of legal trouble.

The distinction without a difference PolitiFact hides behind (while still dishonestly conflating all illegal aliens within its "not a crime" analysis) are those who overstay their visas, those who came into the country legally but remain here illegally. Technically they are only guilty of a "civil violation," which is not technically a "crime." But as Jazz Shaw points out at Hot Air (you should read his full piece), being an illegal immigrant is a far cry from something like a parking ticket:

If you get a parking ticket (heck even if you get hundreds of parking tickets) nobody is going to throw you into a wagon, haul you off to a cell, march you in front of a judge and then put you on a bus and eject you from the nation. You wind up having a small fee to pay at worst in the case of almost all other civil violations. Just because the two things fall under the same broader definition, it’s hardly an example of “fact checking” or any form of “truth telling” to conflate the two as if they were even close to being the same thing.

This is a disingenuous dodge which the open borders crowd loves to keep bringing up over and over again. Sadly, I don’t see any end to this practice on the horizon, but it should be called out whenever we find it.

Even if you want to buy into PolitiFact's dishonest semantics, I would add that whether you entered this country illegally or overstayed a visa, unless you are in the highly unlikely position of having a sugar daddy willing to cover every penny of your expenses forever, it is almost impossible to be an illegal immigrant without committing some kind of crime.

Forged papers, identity theft, lying under oath (to a notary), tax avoidance … These crimes are all part and parcel of being an illegal alien in America. And these are actual crimes. The moment you start earning almost any kind of money, you are guilty of a crime, probably many crimes, including tax avoidance.

Sanctuary cities don't make these actions any less of a crime.

Sanctuary cities are just another form of the old Civil War-era Confederacy, where once again Democrats illegally ignore federal law as a means to exploit cheap, non-white labor and hold on to political power.

Can someone explain this term to me please? If it is just a politically correct term for "illegal immigrant", it needs to be wiped from the lexicon, it's an insult to the terminology.

There's no such thing as an illegal person.

"... the term undocumented immigrant to refer to individuals present in the U.S. without proper authorization..."

Using the term "illegal" in regards to these people denotes they are criminals. They could be refugees seeking asylum. They could be people looking for a better life. They could be people just wanting to come in and party for a while. What is wrong, is treating these people like a terrorist, or a criminal, or a threat to the nation, or some big evil that must have our undivided attention right now.

"... the term undocumented immigrant to refer to individuals present in the U.S. without proper authorization..."

Using the term "illegal" in regards to these people denotes they are criminals. They could be refugees seeking asylum. They could be people looking for a better life. They could be people just wanting to come in and party for a while. What is wrong, is treating these people like a terrorist, or a criminal, or a threat to the nation, or some big evil that must have our undivided attention right now.

No....they are illegal aliens...someone seeking asylum is going through a legal process...an illegal alien is avoiding the legal process to become a resident alien or an actual citizen....

They entered this country illegallly, they are a criminal....if a person over stays their visa, they become a criminal.........

What is wrong with the left and this issue?

No....they are illegal aliens...someone seeking asylum is going through a legal process...an illegal alien is avoiding the legal process to become a resident alien or an actual citizen....

They entered this country illegallly, they are a criminal....if a person over stays their visa, they become a criminal.........

There is no such thing as an illegal person and this issue is getting way too much attention that it deserves. This issue is a smoke screen. It is a detraction from the real issues facing this country. This is a non-issue.

The majority of the people who have entered this country illegally, are not here to commit crimes.

There is no such thing as an illegal person and this issue is getting way too much attention that it deserves. This issue is a smoke screen. It is a detraction from the real issues facing this country. This is a non-issue.

The majority of the people who have entered this country illegally, are not here to commit crimes.

Tangential question: What is the difference between "people of color" and "colored people"?

First off, crossing the border illegally actually is a crime. It is called illegal entry. Even American citizens who enter their own country illegally, say, to avoid customs, are committing a crime. Try dodging customs and see if you aren't in all kinds of legal trouble.

The distinction without a difference PolitiFact hides behind (while still dishonestly conflating all illegal aliens within its "not a crime" analysis) are those who overstay their visas, those who came into the country legally but remain here illegally. Technically they are only guilty of a "civil violation," which is not technically a "crime." But as Jazz Shaw points out at Hot Air (you should read his full piece), being an illegal immigrant is a far cry from something like a parking ticket:

If you get a parking ticket (heck even if you get hundreds of parking tickets) nobody is going to throw you into a wagon, haul you off to a cell, march you in front of a judge and then put you on a bus and eject you from the nation. You wind up having a small fee to pay at worst in the case of almost all other civil violations. Just because the two things fall under the same broader definition, it’s hardly an example of “fact checking” or any form of “truth telling” to conflate the two as if they were even close to being the same thing.

This is a disingenuous dodge which the open borders crowd loves to keep bringing up over and over again. Sadly, I don’t see any end to this practice on the horizon, but it should be called out whenever we find it.

Even if you want to buy into PolitiFact's dishonest semantics, I would add that whether you entered this country illegally or overstayed a visa, unless you are in the highly unlikely position of having a sugar daddy willing to cover every penny of your expenses forever, it is almost impossible to be an illegal immigrant without committing some kind of crime.

Forged papers, identity theft, lying under oath (to a notary), tax avoidance … These crimes are all part and parcel of being an illegal alien in America. And these are actual crimes. The moment you start earning almost any kind of money, you are guilty of a crime, probably many crimes, including tax avoidance.

Sanctuary cities are just another form of the old Civil War-era Confederacy, where once again Democrats illegally ignore federal law as a means to exploit cheap, non-white labor and hold on to political power.
Who talks like this?

"The moment you start earning almost any kind of money, you are guilty of a crime..."

That statement is pure lunacy! It goes against everything this country stands for. People who earn a living, whether they are born here, or come in illegally, contribute to our economy. They pay their own way. They are not sucking money out of the system like the top 1% wage earners.

A system that allows a hedge fund manager to make $37,000/hr, does far more damage to this country, than someone making minimum wage.

But there is such a thing as an illegal alien.

They could be refugees seeking asylum.

Yes, refugees coming here illegally are illegal aliens.

They could be people looking for a better life.

Yes, people who come here illegally, even if they are looking for a better life, are illegal aliens.

What is wrong, is treating these people like a terrorist, or a criminal, or a threat to the nation, or some big evil that must have our undivided attention right now.

We must not treat these criminals like criminals while we deport them.

Who talks like this?

"The moment you start earning almost any kind of money, you are guilty of a crime..."

That statement is pure lunacy! It goes against everything this country stands for. People who earn a living, whether they are born here, or come in illegally, contribute to our economy. They pay their own way. They are not sucking money out of the system like the top 1% wage earners.

A system that allows a hedge fund manager to make $37,000/hr, does far more damage to this country, than someone making minimum wage.

That statement is pure lunacy! It goes against everything this country stands for. People who earn a living, whether they are born here, or come in illegally, contribute to our economy. They pay their own way.

Here in Chicago, we pay nearly $12,000 per year for every illegal alien student in our bankrupt school system.
How are their illegal alien parents paying their own way where that expense is concerned?

Documentation can be provided

Cheaper than building a freak'n wall

upload_2017-3-19_11-56-13.png

I agree. They should provide their own documentation. Traveling south of the border.

I keep hearing this being used to describe illegals from Mexico.
Of course it's a PC term, a euphemism for "illegal alien".

Just one of a million examples of how you-know-who work to control the language, and therefore the conversation.

Use a disallowed word or phrase, out come the knives, and an honest conversation has been successfully avoided.

If they came here illegally, they are illegal aliens. Being a refugee doesn't negate the fact that the means of getting here was outside of the law...and hence illegal.

View attachment 117467

I agree. They should provide their own documentation. Traveling south of the border.
Easier to just issue temporary visas to allow them to work and pay taxes

Yes, after we deport the millions of current illegals, we should use temporary worker visas if we need farm workers, for example.

Come here for a few months, make your money, travel back home.

View attachment 117467

Easier to just issue temporary visas to allow them to work and pay taxes

Yes, after we deport the millions of current illegals, we should use temporary worker visas if we need farm workers, for example.

Come here for a few months, make your money, travel back home.

That's the way it was before we closed the border. Mexicans used to come for work and then return home offseason

Once we closed the border it was easier to stay

Forum List

Back