CDZ Please explain to me, The term "undocumented" is this a PC term for "illegal immigrant"?

They entered this country illegallly, they are a criminal....if a person over stays their visa, they become a criminal.........

They also become part of the majority of cases of illegal immigration ----- which directly undermines the concept of the "wall".

The wall is a stupid symbol that doesn't really add much to stopping the problem. It is however law, that's was voted on in 2006. Partially enforced, since we do have a partial boarder wall that does act to funnel some boarder crossing. The wall is more of a deterrent than an actual solution. The actual solution is...just enforce laws already on the book, and they will self deport with out work, which is why they came here in the first place.

I don't know what "wall" you're talking about. I'm referring to the $25 billion two thousand mile "wall" that Rump tried to sell to the gullibles on the campaign trail. It doesn't exist, nor should it.

Maybe you should verify what youre baseless claims before you spew them out. Yes a wall was already voted on and passed in 2006. Government has not fully enforced that law, but has partially built it. They also have previously purchased much of the land intended for building the wall.

So the wall trump was talking about has already been voted for before Obama and should have been built by now. But our govt thinks they are in the business of selectively choosing which laws they want to follow, which to ignore, and which to exempt themselves from.

Then you must be the only one who knows about it.

Why don't you actually LINK whatever it is you're talking about?

Don't take this devious route. I articulated exactly what I'm talking about and there's a plethora of evidence for it. You don't answer that with innuendo and out the other. Put some flesh on those bones.

They entered this country illegallly, they are a criminal....if a person over stays their visa, they become a criminal.........

They also become part of the majority of cases of illegal immigration ----- which directly undermines the concept of the "wall".

The wall is a stupid symbol that doesn't really add much to stopping the problem. It is however law, that's was voted on in 2006. Partially enforced, since we do have a partial boarder wall that does act to funnel some boarder crossing. The wall is more of a deterrent than an actual solution. The actual solution is...just enforce laws already on the book, and they will self deport with out work, which is why they came here in the first place.

I don't know what "wall" you're talking about. I'm referring to the $25 billion two thousand mile "wall" that Rump tried to sell to the gullibles on the campaign trail. It doesn't exist, nor should it.

Maybe you should verify what youre baseless claims before you spew them out. Yes a wall was already voted on and passed in 2006. Government has not fully enforced that law, but has partially built it. They also have previously purchased much of the land intended for building the wall.

So the wall trump was talking about has already been voted for before Obama and should have been built by now. But our govt thinks they are in the business of selectively choosing which laws they want to follow, which to ignore, and which to exempt themselves from.

Don't take this devious route. I articulated exactly what I'm talking about and there's a plethora of evidence for it. You don't answer that with innuendo and out the other. Put some flesh on those bones.

Secure Fence Act of 2006 - Wikipedia

It going to exist within the next 3 years.
mindblown_st.gif

Yuh huh.

March 19, 2020. Meet me here.

I'll give it a shot, lord willing we'll still both be around.

The wall has already been paid for twice, might as well build it, amirite?

THANK you. That was like pulling teeth.

Where does it say anything about building a 2000 mile "wall" (not "fence", not "vehicle barriers, checkpoints, lighting, cameras, satellites, and unmanned aerial vehicles") but an actual physical wall from gulf to ocean, as Rump incessantly hawked like emotional snake oil?

Moreover isn't it relevant that it also notes, "Congress approved $1.2 billion in a separate homeland security spending bill to bankroll the fence, though critics say this is $4.8 billion less than what’s likely needed to get it built."?

No this is not at all the "wall" that Rump was selling to the gullibles. Which is not to say that his spinmeisters won't subsequently glom onto it to try to claim credit after the fact. But this is clearly not what I was talking about, and you're trying to change the discussion with a glaring red herring.

The "wall" I'm talking about isn't a 1.2 billion or 4.8 billion undertaking --- it's more like 25 billion, and that doesn't include ongoing maintenance.

This is what I'm talking about:
"You don't sell solutions --- you sell feelings" --- Rump "university" playbook.

And that's exactly what this mythical "wall" --- the one in the campaign, the fantasy, not the fence --- was doing.

Documentation can be provided

View attachment 117467

I agree. They should provide their own documentation. Traveling south of the border.
Easier to just issue temporary visas to allow them to work and pay taxes

Yes, after we deport the millions of current illegals, we should use temporary worker visas if we need farm workers, for example.

Come here for a few months, make your money, travel back home.

That's the way it was before we closed the border. Mexicans used to come for work and then return home offseason

Once we closed the border it was easier to stay

If we had closed the border, we wouldn't have more than 10 million illegal aliens.
If we allowed them to go home, we wouldn't have ten million here

What do you feel is stopping them from going home now?

Where does it say anything about building a 2000 mile "wall" (not "fence", not "vehicle barriers, checkpoints, lighting, cameras, satellites, and unmanned aerial vehicles") but an actual physical wall from gulf to ocean, as Rump incessantly hawked like emotional snake oil?

Moreover isn't it relevant that it also notes, "Congress approved $1.2 billion in a separate homeland security spending bill to bankroll the fence, though critics say this is $4.8 billion less than what’s likely needed to get it built."?

No this is not at all the "wall" that Rump was selling to the gullibles. Which is not to say that his spinmeisters won't subsequently glom onto it to try to claim credit after the fact. But this is clearly not what I was talking about, and you're trying to change the discussion with a glaring red herring.

The "wall" I'm talking about isn't a 1.2 billion or 4.8 billion undertaking --- it's more like 25 billion, and that doesn't include ongoing maintenance.

"You don't sell solutions --- you sell feelings" --- Rump "university" playbook.

And that's exactly what this mythical "wall" --- the one in the campaign, the fantasy, not the fence --- was doing.

I don't know what your point is. I already stated that the wall is a stupid status symbol, more of a scarecrow than actually providing real functionality. My point was securing the boarder is not a crazy idea and IS already law, law that's not being followed.

I don't know what your point is. I already stated that the wall is a stupid status symbol, more of a scarecrow than actually providing real functionality. My point was securing the boarder is not a crazy idea and IS already law, law that's not being followed.

Nope, you're backing away from your own point now that it's been exposed to the light of day. You conflated this 2006 law --which is not a "wall" at all -- with Rump's campaign fantasy, which is. Strangely enough your characterization as a stupid symbol was on the mark all the time anyway. What was (briefly) at issue was the idea that it's been "law" since 2006. It hasn't.

This is all off the topic of the semantics anyway. I'm more interested in the point raised in 43, which apparently nobody wants to touch, hoping it just slips in under the radar.

That being:

I keep hearing this being used to describe illegals from Mexico.
Of course it's a PC term, a euphemism for "illegal alien".

Just one of a million examples of how you-know-who work to control the language, and therefore the conversation.

Use a disallowed word or phrase, out come the knives, and an honest conversation has been successfully avoided.

Seems to be what's happening here too. Until now the adjective "undocumented" had always been AFAIK coupled with "worker". Now it's being surreptitiously morphed into "immigrant", which is a different concept.

As noted at the outset, I've been the former without ever being the latter. One wonders why the latter-day conflation.

Also sorry for the rude tone Pogo. I'm nursing a hangover and didn't realize I was responding to you. Not that it should matter who I respond to, but there's plenty of bots on here that I can't help but get frustrated with. I do know you're not one, and hope you've been well.

Here in Chicago, we pay nearly $12,000 per year for every illegal alien student in our bankrupt school system.
Prove it.

Prove that our school system is bankrupt?
Or that we spend nearly $12,000 per student?
It's more like $16K but whatever.

In 2001, CPS spent close to $12,000 per student; in 2015, $16,432. Yet revenue has not kept pace: CPS per-pupil revenue has not matched per-pupil spending, with revenue falling short, on average, by $1,000 per pupil since 2001. More recently, the revenue gap has widened to nearly $3,000 per year.

Crain's Chicago Business

You're right! I was using older, statewide numbers. Thanks for the correction!

Also sorry for the rude tone Pogo. I'm nursing a hangover and didn't realize I was responding to you. Not that it should matter who I respond to, but there's plenty of bots on here that I can't help but get frustrated with. I do know you're not one, and hope you've been well.

Classy post thanks. :beer:

Ooops --- I guess that shouldn't be alcoholic.... it's Near Beer. That's the ticket. :eusa_angel:

Easier to just issue temporary visas to allow them to work and pay taxes

Yes, after we deport the millions of current illegals, we should use temporary worker visas if we need farm workers, for example.

Come here for a few months, make your money, travel back home.

That's the way it was before we closed the border. Mexicans used to come for work and then return home offseason

Once we closed the border it was easier to stay

If we had closed the border, we wouldn't have more than 10 million illegal aliens.
If we allowed them to go home, we wouldn't have ten million here

What do you feel is stopping them from going home now?

Too difficult and expensive to go back and forth
If they had temporary work visas they would not be afraid to go home

Here in Chicago, we pay nearly $12,000 per year for every illegal alien student in our bankrupt school system.
Prove it.

In 2001, CPS spent close to $12,000 per student; in 2015, $16,432. Yet revenue has not kept pace: CPS per-pupil revenue has not matched per-pupil spending, with revenue falling short, on average, by $1,000 per pupil since 2001. More recently, the revenue gap has widened to nearly $3,000 per year.

Crain's Chicago Business

So they spend as much as for any other student

Prove it.

Crain's Chicago Business

They have to spend more, since english is not their primary language, to make space for, and feed. All for a population that's not paying back into the system.

I keep hearing this being used to describe illegals from Mexico. I don't know if this is a PC term for illegal immigrants, a term to describe a specific situation for someone who had a VISA and it expired, or, one of the "dreamers" who was born in America because their parents were illegal, yadda yadda.

Can someone explain this term to me please? If it is just a politically correct term for "illegal immigrant", it needs to be wiped from the lexicon, it's an insult to the terminology.

I await any information that you guys could provide.
This is a politically correct term designed specifically to reduce the percieved threat that the word 'illegal' genders in people.

When people hear "illegal", they associate the term with criminal and therefore have less sympathy for the plight of the criminal.

Undocumented genders feelings of bureaucratic mistakes that happen (after all, we've all suffered from a government mistake, haven't we?) to a perfectly innocent person and we should be more forgiving by allowing them to stay and vote for democrats.

Being mean to a person who just happens to suffer from a government snafu is heartless. A ploy for an emotional response of sympathy.

Prove it.

Crain's Chicago Business

They have to spend more, since english is not their primary language, to make space for, and feed. All for a population that's not paying back into the system.
Exactly

If they were on temporary work visas they would be paying taxes

Forum List

Back