Plant Based Eating

Is this a political issue? I hope not

I love my steak and many other meat products.

My daughter is Vegan, and encourages me to think about it, at age 59.

Her intentions are purely for love and not political in any means.

Do we have Any plant based eaters here?
Yes, mostly. Tonight I made chicken, tri-pepper, mushroom kebobs, parmesan noodles, peas/carrots for my family. I had the mushrooms, peppers, noodles, and peas/carrots. I have as much energy as I did when eating meat about 5 times a week. I had less energy eating red meat, but that's me. I still crave ribeye steaks and will order one out on occasion. I stopped using red meat at home years ago when my husband's doc said "No more red meat, you can't digest it." So, pork, chicken, fish are all fair game to cook while I'll eat fish (mostly salmon and tuna) veggies, berries, salads, fruit, bread...big on bread/grains/pasta including the "non-healthier types" but I do stay away from white bread.
I had less energy eating red meat
BINGO!
I use vegetable broth to replace oil; my wife's arthritis went away after a year.
No fish...they call it a "No Head" diet.
Interesting about vegetable broth-I rely on that gold standard extra pressed virgin olive oil to almost everything lol can't get enough of the "good oils" -wonderful your wife's arthritis went away using dietary measures!

Yes, mostly. Tonight I made chicken, tri-pepper, mushroom kebobs, parmesan noodles, peas/carrots for my family. I had the mushrooms, peppers, noodles, and peas/carrots. I have as much energy as I did when eating meat about 5 times a week. I had less energy eating red meat, but that's me. I still crave ribeye steaks and will order one out on occasion. I stopped using red meat at home years ago when my husband's doc said "No more red meat, you can't digest it." So, pork, chicken, fish are all fair game to cook while I'll eat fish (mostly salmon and tuna) veggies, berries, salads, fruit, bread...big on bread/grains/pasta including the "non-healthier types" but I do stay away from white bread.
BINGO!
I use vegetable broth to replace oil; my wife's arthritis went away after a year.
Interesting about vegetable broth-I rely on that gold standard extra pressed virgin olive oil to almost everything lol can't get enough of the "good oils"
gold standard extra pressed virgin olive oil
We were hooked on that and didn't believe for a second that vegetable broth could replace it.
It did.

10 people isolated near the artic circle. When it came to survival and who was able to last for the duration, it wasnt who could collect the most plants and berries. It came down to who was able to consume the most animal fat or starve. To each his own but there are some places on the planet where vegans cannot exist.

10 people isolated near the artic circle. When it came to survival and who was able to last for the duration, it wasnt who could collect the most plants and berries. It came down to who was able to consume the most animal fat or starve. To each his own but there are some places on the planet where vegans cannot exist.
Looks like I'll have to cancel that vacation.

BINGO!
Interesting about vegetable broth-I rely on that gold standard extra pressed virgin olive oil to almost everything lol can't get enough of the "good oils"
gold standard extra pressed virgin olive oil
We were hooked on that and didn't believe for a second that vegetable broth could replace it.
It did.
Extra pressed lol

As if the oil is suddenly different beyond refinement.

But hey, if you want to pay for extra labels be my guest.

16096538669426020649650503505137.jpg

Even this shit it too expensive. Only reason I buy it is because of the higher oven temps you can get without a burn/fire. Other than that the food tastes no different

If your daughter doesn't eat meat, what is she eating for protein?

God bless you and her always!!!

Holly

I've been eating plant based for some time. Maybe going on two years? Could be longer, I don't really know.

Sometimes I'll cheat a little and sneak in some farm raised fish.

It'll make your sticker peck out.

I'm one.

Mostly.

I will eat seafood and poultry. That's it on the meat for me.

I have eaten plant based products a lot through the last year or two. I was excited when it came out a few years ago.

I highly recommend it.

Been plant based and vegan for almost a year.

Really surprised to see so many plant-based folks though, usually they get ripped just for speaking such blasphemy. Ah well. I don't really care what people eat, so I'm staying out of this one.

I am.
Nutritional yeast to replace cheese and Amino Acids to replace soy sauce.
Get an air fryer and enjoy all the fried food you like.
Mushrooms taste exactly like steak.
You will shit and fart like a demon for about 3 months and will lose at least 20 lbs as you learn to eat like a pig and not gain an ounce.
mushrooms do not taste exactly like steak.

Look I'm vegan and I don't understand the need for "vegan steak" or "vegan chicken" or whatever.

Mushrooms taste exactly like steak
First nomination for DUMBEST POST of the year.

Congrats on that retarded bullshit
A properly prepared mushroom tastes exactly like steak.
No, it doesn't lol

Put the bong down and stfu
I don't smoke, I eat.
Clearly you need new tastebuds lol.
I love mushrooms but they are not a substitute for meat. In fact they are often a compliment for a good piece of meat but not a replacement. Even the best mushrooms in season are not the equivalent of a good cut of meat.

You may like your ridiculous alternate diet but stop with the self reassuring bullshit. There is no vegetable that tastes like or has the same texture as meat.

Dumb bullshit
Nope.
If you went 3 month without a steak, the smell would make you want to wretch.
I was hooked by the first mushroom dinner I had.
The secret is the recipe.
N
O
N
S
E
N
S
E

Mushrooms are awesome as an appetizer or accompaniment to a dinner.

And the smell of a grilled steak is unsurpassed.

YOU'RE FUCKING NUTS

The smell of beef cooking makes me vomit ever since chemo. That stench will make me vomit for hours. I'll vomit until there isn't anything left in my stomach and start dry heaving.

I have never liked beef or the smell but chemo made it so much worse.

Just reading your post turned my stomach.

you cannot compare a survival challenge where the only thing that matters is total calories to everyday diet choices.

And the smell of a grilled steak is unsurpassed.

Not for everyone. Once you stop eating dead bodies, the smell of burning flesh is no longer appealing. In fact, there have been times it almost made me want to throw up. :dunno:

Me, I will not just want to vomit but I will vomit until my stomach is empty and I dry heave.

Just reading that post from that person turned and upset my stomach.

Protein is from quinoa and tahini,
Everything is low sodium, including low sodium vegetable broth.
You have to take a B-12 supplement.

After 2 few months, the taste of salt becomes nauseating.

I am.
Nutritional yeast to replace cheese and Amino Acids to replace soy sauce.
Get an air fryer and enjoy all the fried food you like.
Mushrooms taste exactly like steak.
You will shit and fart like a demon for about 3 months and will lose at least 20 lbs as you learn to eat like a pig and not gain an ounce.

You know, soy sauce comes from a plant. And if you think mushrooms taste "exactly" like steak, you haven't had a good steak in too long.

Forum List

Back