Plant Based Eating

Winco

Diamond Member
Nov 1, 2019
Is this a political issue? I hope not

I love my steak and many other meat products.

My daughter is Vegan, and encourages me to think about it, at age 59.

Her intentions are purely for love and not political in any means.

Do we have Any plant based eaters here?

I've been a meat eater for over 50 years. I do eat more fruits & veggies in the last couple years. I discovered throwing fresh or frozen veggies, some fruit & ice into the blender makes a nice cold treat on a hot summer day.

My kitchen table was made from a tree. It's the plant base I set all the meat on.

I am.
Nutritional yeast to replace cheese and Amino Acids to replace soy sauce.
Get an air fryer and enjoy all the fried food you like.
Mushrooms taste exactly like steak.
You will shit and fart like a demon for about 3 months and will lose at least 20 lbs as you learn to eat like a pig and not gain an ounce.

:desk: I've been vegan for 4 1/2 years. It's the second best decision I ever made. I didn't do it for health reasons (although that has been one of the benefits, I pretty much never get sick anymore, even when people around me are sick, my immune system is really strong) I did it because I love animals. When I saw the horrible reality, I knew I could no longer participate in it ever again. Now I blog and make videos about veganism from a Christian perspective.

20201205_160334.jpg
20201119_083031.jpg
20201109_170508.jpg

Enjoy your weeds lol

Mushrooms taste exactly like steak
First nomination for DUMBEST POST of the year.

Congrats on that retarded bullshit
A properly prepared mushroom tastes exactly like steak.
No, it doesn't lol

Put the bong down and stfu
I don't smoke, I eat.
Clearly you need new tastebuds lol.
I love mushrooms but they are not a substitute for meat. In fact they are often a compliment for a good piece of meat but not a replacement. Even the best mushrooms in season are not the equivalent of a good cut of meat.

You may like your ridiculous alternate diet but stop with the self reassuring bullshit. There is no vegetable that tastes like or has the same texture as meat.

Dumb bullshit

You know how to tell plant diets are garbage?

Go into any store and look for the imitation meat made out of plants. Then look for imitation plants made from meat.

One is DESPERATELY trying to imitate the other. Hell, even fast food joints are now serving weeds with fake meat flavoring.

Dumb shit. Get a salad or burger and sit the fuck down with your save the planet bullshit. NO ONE CARES

No, it doesn't lol

I don't smoke, I eat.
I love mushrooms but they are not a substitute for meat. In fact they are often a compliment for a good piece of meat but not a replacement. Even the best mushrooms in season are not the equivalent of a good cut of meat.

You may like your ridiculous alternate diet but stop with the self reassuring bullshit. There is no vegetable that tastes like or has the same texture as meat.

Dumb bullshit
Nope.
If you went 3 month without a steak, the smell would make you want to wretch.
I was hooked by the first mushroom dinner I had.
The secret is the recipe.

No, it doesn't lol

I don't smoke, I eat.

Dumb bullshit
Nope.
N
O
N
S
E
N
S
E

Mushrooms are awesome as an appetizer or accompaniment to a dinner.

And the smell of a grilled steak is unsurpassed.

YOU'RE FUCKING NUTS

No, it doesn't lol

I don't smoke, I eat.

Dumb bullshit
Nope.
N
O
N
S
E
N
S
E

Mushrooms are awesome as an appetizer or accompaniment to a dinner.

And the smell of a grilled steak is unsurpassed.

YOU'RE FUCKING NUTS
YOU'RE FUCKING NUTS
Could be.

Yes, mostly. Tonight I made chicken, tri-pepper, mushroom kebobs, parmesan noodles, peas/carrots for my family. I had the mushrooms, peppers, noodles, and peas/carrots. I have as much energy as I did when eating meat about 5 times a week. I had less energy eating red meat, but that's me. I still crave ribeye steaks and will order one out on occasion. I stopped using red meat at home years ago when my husband's doc said "No more red meat, you can't digest it." So, pork, chicken, fish are all fair game to cook while I'll eat fish (mostly salmon and tuna) veggies, berries, salads, fruit, bread...big on bread/grains/pasta including the "non-healthier types" but I do stay away from white bread.

Yes, mostly. Tonight I made chicken, tri-pepper, mushroom kebobs, parmesan noodles, peas/carrots for my family. I had the mushrooms, peppers, noodles, and peas/carrots. I have as much energy as I did when eating meat about 5 times a week. I had less energy eating red meat, but that's me. I still crave ribeye steaks and will order one out on occasion. I stopped using red meat at home years ago when my husband's doc said "No more red meat, you can't digest it." So, pork, chicken, fish are all fair game to cook while I'll eat fish (mostly salmon and tuna) veggies, berries, salads, fruit, bread...big on bread/grains/pasta including the "non-healthier types" but I do stay away from white bread.
I had less energy eating red meat
BINGO!
I use vegetable broth to replace oil; my wife's arthritis went away after a year.
No fish...they call it a "No Head" diet.

Forum List

Back