Plant Based Diet is the Key to Fighting Cancer

The many things you get as a free bonus when you eat today's beef. Do you still wonder why we have a cancer epidemic?Here's one:

5. Bacteriophages

An under-reported way in which Big Food is seeking to kill meat pathogens, especially antibiotic-resistant pathogens, is with bacteriophages. Phages are viruses that infect and kill bacteria, essentially turning the bacteria cell into a phage production factory until the bacteria cell bursts, releasing hundreds of copies of new phages, which go on to infect and kill more bacteria. Phages, discovered in 1919, were used to treat bacterial infections but fell out of favor when antibiotics became widely available in the 1940s. Antibiotics had the advantage of attacking more than one bacterium at the same time and were not usually recognized by a patient’s immune system, so they could be used over and over in the same person to fight bacterial infection without producing any immune response.

No. There is no evidence consumption of red meat raises cancer risk. This is a fallacy promoted by nefarious interests. Americans ate almost exclusively red meat for decades and cancer was almost nonexistent.
Hilariously and blatantly false, and demonstrably so. It’s the complete opposite. The meat and dairy industries make TONS of money and THEY are the ones who fund false studies to try to maintain the status quo. I mean this is common knowledge among people who study these things.

But back to reality, for many years, numerous studies have consistently shown that high consumption of meat is associated with a higher risk for certain types of cancer, and heart disease, while on the other hand a whole food plant-based diet not only prevents disease but has been known to actually reverse disease. This should be common sense, but since we live in such an upside-down screwed up world, common sense is not very common. And most people would rather die than give up their bacon or steak or whatever. Sadly, that is what ends up happening much of the time as cancer and heart disease are so very common, especially in the US.

The many things you get as a free bonus when you eat today's beef. Here's one:

5. Bacteriophages

An under-reported way in which Big Food is seeking to kill meat pathogens, especially antibiotic-resistant pathogens, is with bacteriophages. Phages are viruses that infect and kill bacteria, essentially turning the bacteria cell into a phage production factory until the bacteria cell bursts, releasing hundreds of copies of new phages, which go on to infect and kill more bacteria. Phages, discovered in 1919, were used to treat bacterial infections but fell out of favor when antibiotics became widely available in the 1940s. Antibiotics had the advantage of attacking more than one bacterium at the same time and were not usually recognized by a patient’s immune system, so they could be used over and over in the same person to fight bacterial infection without producing any immune response.
You’re making me hungry. I can’t decide which to grill today. Can you help me?
t-bone-steak-arrowhead-beef_1200x1200.jpg

Rib-Eye-Steak-Raw-Richards-Fine-Meats-260-Lakeshore-Road-St-Catharines-ON-289-362-1792.png

Hilariously and blatantly false, and demonstrably so. It’s the complete opposite. The meat and dairy industries make TONS of money and THEY are the ones who fund false studies to try to maintain the status quo. I mean this is common knowledge among people who study these things.

But back to reality, for many years, numerous studies have consistently shown that high consumption of meat is associated with a higher risk for certain types of cancer, and heart disease, while on the other hand a whole food plant-based diet not only prevents disease but has been known to actually reverse disease. This should be common sense, but since we live in such an upside-down screwed up world, common sense is not very common. And most people would rather die than give up their bacon or steak or whatever. Sadly, that is what ends up happening much of the time as cancer and heart disease are so very common, especially in the US.
And yet in the entire 19th century and early 20th century heart disease was almost unknown to Americans, yet they consumed beef every single day.

And yet in the entire 19th century and early 20th century heart disease was almost unknown to Americans, yet they consumed beef every single day.
DA already disproved that, or at least showed that it was certainly not as much as it is today.

The many things you get as a free bonus when you eat today's beef. Do you still wonder why we have a cancer epidemic?Here's one:

5. Bacteriophages

I find myself reminded of a commercial for some politically-correct ice cream, some years ago. The actor in the commercial was speaking the names of “chemicals” found in most ice creams, implying that these were unnatural and unhealthy, and boasting that the ice cream he was shilling didn't have them.

One of these awful, deadly chemicals that he thus mentioned was carrageenan. Obviously, with a name like that, it has to be some really nasty, poisonous shit that will cause you to die from cancer just for trying to say its name, right?

DA already disproved that, or at least showed that it was certainly not as much as it is today.
I‘m truly amazed that no one understands that there was almost no cancer or instances of Heart Disease before the introduction of margarine and CRISCO (also known as partially and fully hydrogenated vegetable oil) in the early 20th century.

Yes, people did die of weakened heart muscles that could not beat anymore, but no one had their veins cloged up with crisco. And cancer was unheard of except in areas of high natural radiation(like near a uranium mine).

Scientists have reported that Hydrogenated vegetable oil looks like plastic molecules under a microscope. Is it any wonder that people come down with cancer when all their bodies have to metabolize are plastic molecules?

People before the 1900's ate all the natural animal lard they wanted, also they comsumed eggs, and lots of cholesterol. Yet, they never had clogged veins or cancer.

As well, in rural china where they dont eat processed foods, they have no heart disease or cancer at all! You will only find heart disease and cancer where you find Hydrogenated vegetable oil.

Check the lables on your food. Everthything processed has hydrogenated vegatable oil (seed oils) as an ingredient.

I doubt it.

In 1900, cancer and heart disease were almost unheard of. Guess what? Most Americans at that time ate very little in the way of vegges, grains, or fruits. They ate beef. Lots of beef. Chicken was considered a delicacy, as they wanted the eggs. They did eat fowl and pork, but beef was the predominant food consumed by all Americans, rich or poor.
Cancer was not unheard of in 1900. It just went undiagnosed or misdiagnosed to a much greater extent.

I call BS on Americans eating very little grain or veggies. Especially grains. Bread was *the* staple. People ate lots and lots and lots of bread.

Cancer was not unheard of in 1900. It just went undiagnosed or misdiagnosed to a much greater extent.

People used to die much more of other things.

Cancer is a more major cause of death than it used to be, because we are now much better at preventing and treating many other conditions that used to be bigger causes of death.

I doubt it.

In 1900, cancer and heart disease were almost unheard of. Guess what? Most Americans at that time ate very little in the way of vegges, grains, or fruits. They ate beef. Lots of beef. Chicken was considered a delicacy, as they wanted the eggs. They did eat fowl and pork, but beef was the predominant food consumed by all Americans, rich or poor.
America should be ashamed of itself. Cancer is caused by chemicals in food and the environment. I'd love to see industry taken to task for the carnage they have created. Only idiots think they haven't. Pesticides, herbicides, the list goes on. Sue em into oblivion.

America should be ashamed of itself. Cancer is caused by chemicals in food and the environment. I'd love to see industry taken to task for the carnage they have created. Only idiots think they haven't. Pesticides, herbicides, the list goes on. Sue em into oblivion.
If we had a government of the people rather than of big corporations and billionaires, that might happen.

People used to die much more of other things.

Cancer is a more major cause of death than it used to be, because we are now much better at preventing and treating many other conditions that used to be bigger causes of death.
That doesn’t mean cancer was less widespread in 1900.

It just means people back then died more often of diseases which are now curable, or at least treatable.

In other words, people tended to die of other stuff before they had a chance to die of cancer.

Thanks.

Many experts believe cancer and heart disease first began increasing with the consumption of the first seed oil fat. Crisco. Around 1920.

At any rate, the American diet in 1900 was heavy on red meat and Americans seldom incurred heart disease or cancer. This means something no?
It likely just wasn't diagnosed.... Healthcare was non existent, until you were on your deathbed.

Also, we have to consider when we began giving hormones to fatten them up, and or different vaccinations etc etc..... That could be part of cancer increase....?

My parents are quite old, 90 and 86, and they still live in their own home by my older sister, drive themselves around to walmart, the mall, to favored early bird special restaurants and the endless different doctors for this check up or for that check up....

They ate lots of meats and dairy products but they also ate a ton of fruit and fresh veggies and legumes... Constantly snacked on fruits, a variety that filled a 3 tier tray on the kitchen island...

My Italian grandparents as well....they ate all kinds of meat and fish, but also loved to eat fruit and veggies and pasta and Italian bread! Grandpa was in his 90s and grand mom was 87 when she passed on.

I don't know what happened to my older sister and me....? Neither of us eat enough fruit and vegetables.... :(

Yeah, as usual, the real answer is also the boring answer…. So no one wants to listen.

There is no easy, quick-fix diet to lose fat or prevent cancer or build muscle.

Eat a balanced diet based on sensible choices and common sense.

If you’re trying to lose fat, burn off more calories than you take in.

If you’re trying to bulk muscle eat a lot of calories and lift heavy.

If you’re worried about cancer, avoid highly processed foods and don’t smoke.

If you’re looking for an easy or quick fix to anything worth achieving you’re setting yourself up for failure.

Forum List

Back