Planet Fitness bans real woman from gym for complaining about fake woman in women's locker room

Preacher

Gold Member
Jan 29, 2015
Georgia Mountains
And yet the phobes believe other businesses should not have to abide by anti-discrimination laws and should be able to 'refuse service to anyone'.

Planet Fitness has generated controversy for its unorthodox practices designed to discourage hardcore bodybuilders and fitness enthusiasts, which it feels may intimidate or make uncomfortable less physically fit patrons. Planet Fitness does not generally offer health club features associated with higher operating costs, such as high-intensity bodybuilding equipment, pools, fitness classes, or child care. Planet Fitness is known for regularly offering members complimentary food items, e.g., free pizza on the first Monday of every month.[12]

The chain was the subject of controversy in 2006 because of a New York Times article[2] describing the public cancellation of a patron's membership (for "grunting") at theirWappingers Falls, New York location.

In October of 2011, an Albuquerque Planet Fitness refused to let a New Mexico Muslim woman wear her religious head covering while she tried to work out. After signing a two-year contract with the gym, she was turned away and was told the head covering didn't meet the company’s dress code. The woman’s lawsuit, filed under the New Mexico Human Rights Act and the Unfair Practices Act, alleged that Planet Fitness illegally based the decision to deny her access upon her religion, or alternatively upon her race, as she is black, and that the gym had no legitimate or non-pretextual reason to deny her entry. Planet Fitness denied all violations stating that the Muslim woman failed to participate in good faith and that the company has legitimate business reasons for its practice as well as measures to prevent discrimination.[13]

Starting January 1, 2014, members of Planet Fitness are required to a pay a tax on their memberships as mandated by the implementation of provisions of the Affordable Health Care Act. The membership fee is not increasing but rather it is a tax required by the federal government. The reasoning behind the tax is due to the option for members to tan at Planet Fitness. The increase is a "five-cent-per-month tax related to the ability to tan under the membership." It does not matter if the member uses the tanning facilities or not.[14][15][16]

In March of 2014 at a Planet Fitness club in Richmond, California, a woman was wearing a spaghetti strap tank top and capri pants with her midriff exposed. Reportedly she was told that the gym dress code prohibited wearing string tank tops. The Planet Fitness customer agreed to wear one of the shirts the gym provides patrons for free, but while she waited for the tee, another employee approached her with objections to her clothing. Feeling harassed and intimidated herself, she decided to get her money back and cancel her membership at the gym advertised as the “Judgement Free Zone” whose policy bans “gymtimidation.” Planet Fitness spokesperson McCall Gosselin said that criticizing Austin for being toned, “…is not in line with the Planet Fitness policy whatsoever.”[17] [18]

In April of 2014 a pregnant woman claimed she was told to cover up or leave a South Carolina Planet Fitness. According to the woman she was working out at the gym in a tank top she'd worn on the day she joined. She was approached by a staff member who said she was in violation of the gym's dress code - her belly was hanging out due to her being about 19 weeks pregnant. She was contacted by the franchise owner soon after the incident; the first phone call was "apologetic," but the one that followed he said, "You were in violation, we gave you a t-shirt, there's nothing left to talk about.

Place sounds like a fucking dump.

And yet the phobes believe other businesses should not have to abide by anti-discrimination laws and should be able to 'refuse service to anyone'.
There was no discrimination. IT is a MALE using the FEMALES locker room. NO WOMAN should feel safe..I hope the membership there collapses.Oh and yes ANY business should be allowed to refuse service to anyone they so choose.

Planet Fatness is a lousy Gym to begin with. Even the owners will tell ya their economic model depends on people signing up, but not ever working out. That would wear out the machines you know.

And if they do there is Pizza Fridays. What kind of gym that's actually interested in yer overall health would do that?

Planet Fitness cancels woman s membership after her complaints of transgender woman in locker room MLive.com
Another sickening company to boycott...I was considering getting a membership there as well...just disgusting and I am glad she let the others know...I would not feel safe if some guy decided to use it either. I guess I can just go into the womens locker room there now if I decide I identify as a woman! Just an open invitation to harassment and rape.
The liberal war on women continues. Real women I mean not the fake ass ones they like to bring up.

24 hour fitness in Santa Monica has three locker rooms. One for just women, one for just men and one that is gender optional.

24 Hour Fitness all the way!

I prefer going in the middle of the night. Then you ain't gotta wait for people to get off the weights cause you got the whole gym to yourself ^_^

Planet Fatness is NOT a gym. Its a retards club with some gym equipment shoved in it.

Planet Fatness is a lousy Gym to begin with. Even the owners will tell ya their economic model depends on people signing up, but not ever working out. That would wear out the machines you know.

And if they do there is Pizza Fridays. What kind of gym that's actually interested in yer overall health would do that?

I like the one I go to...but then I don't have to pay for the membership because it us part of my health insurance package.

It's not very busy though.

Planet Fatness best represents our modern society.

Join a gym...but with absolutely no expectations or goals. No tolerance for anyone who makes you feel less than special. And...even providing shit to people that hinders progress to.the original goal they joined for.

Yay i just joined a gym!!! Now wheres the free pizza!

People complain that other gyms are intimidating because they're full of fit and strong people. Hmm.....maybe if you do what they do.....

I want a JOB at a company like that. A job...get paid...but none of that hard work and proper attire nonsense haha. Planet Fatness is like someone complaining that they dont wanna work at Microsoft because of all those workers who earn good money being there. Its intimidating.

I agree with you man. I love how easy it is to walk into the womens locker room. I just declare "im a woman", and its all good. Don't worry ladies, im not taking any pictures, im just reading the news on my cell phone.

I agree with you man. I love how easy it is to walk into the womens locker room. I just declare "im a woman", and its all good. Don't worry ladies, im not taking any pictures, im just reading the news on my cell phone.

Considering they don't have doors and aren't being monitored by anyone I think pretty much anyone could just walk in.

24 hour fitness in Santa Monica has three locker rooms. One for just women, one for just men and one that is gender optional.
Gender optional. Yeah that sounds pretty much like something Cal would do. Retards.

Actually, it sounds like a really good idea given the complexity of this issue. That's one last thing they need to worry about getting sued over in today's crazy world of litigation.

Forum List

Back