Plan to ban automatic deduction of public employee union dues clears House panel

Collective bargaining involves more Informed Consent than simply getting hired on an allegedly at-will basis.

It isn't consented to by the firm and a large percentage of the employees.
how does that work when they vote for unionizing?

How does the firm consent to it? The employees who voted "no" certainly didn't consent to it, did they?
Why should the actual manner of association matter to the employer, but for Labor costs? 70k could be a good wage for labor. why does management believe they are worth multi-million dollar bonuses?

It matters t everyone whether you agree to an arrangement or whether it is imposed on you with a gun.

How fucking stupid are you?
not as stupid as the Person who only has fallacy for their Cause.

That's just what I was saying. An employee doesn't like it that a union was voted in, they can quit and go get another job. It always a voluntary arrangement who they work for.

The union is a third party to the negotiations. It has no right to be involved in the first place, moron.
so what; you only have an unsubstantiated opinion that is full of fallacy, not any form of rebuttal; clueless and Causeless, Person on the Right.

What right does any third party have to intrude an arrangement made by two other parties? Does your neighbor have a right to agree to the terms of your mortgage?
They are already doing payroll; it really is that simple; Person on the Right.

You're the one who is simple.
yes, but not full of fallacy.

According to Republicans, it's NOT OK for an auto deduction which costs nothing, but IT IS OK to use your cell phone to pay, and PAY A FEE.

I LOVE IT.....screw workers and suck your contributors all at once! YOU GO REPUBLICANS!!!!!!

Plan to ban automatic deduction of public employee union dues clears House panel News The Advocate Baton Rouge Louisiana

Sounds like a good idea. They should ban tax withholdings from pay checks at the same time. It gives people the false impression that employers are paying for these things, and not the workers.

Make them write a check or debit their bank account separately. Then they might think about why they are burdened with these costs in the first place.

Q. Why do small government adherents want to have government intervene in a private association between a worker and his or her organization?

a. Hypocrisy

b. Foolishness

c. Stupidity

d. All of the above

Hm.... why do small government adherents want government not collecting union dues..... because we support smaller government.

According to Republicans, it's NOT OK for an auto deduction which costs nothing, but IT IS OK to use your cell phone to pay, and PAY A FEE.

I LOVE IT.....screw workers and suck your contributors all at once! YOU GO REPUBLICANS!!!!!!

Plan to ban automatic deduction of public employee union dues clears House panel News The Advocate Baton Rouge Louisiana

Sounds like a good idea. They should ban tax withholdings from pay checks at the same time. It gives people the false impression that employers are paying for these things, and not the workers.

Make them write a check or debit their bank account separately. Then they might think about why they are burdened with these costs in the first place.
it may be too much equality for the Right to bear.

Q. Why do small government adherents want to have government intervene in a private association between a worker and his or her organization?

a. Hypocrisy

b. Foolishness

c. Stupidity

d. All of the above

Hm.... why do small government adherents want government not collecting union dues..... because we support smaller government.
why not end our wars on crime, drugs, poverty, and terror; if small government is what those of that point of claim to really really want. :p

Absolutely correct.
why complain about unions; whiners on the Right?

The money unions donate to political causes isn't their money. That's why.
So, neither is money donated to political Causes by owners or management without voluntary signatories that, that is what Profit is to be Used for with their Labor.

I have no idea what the hell the above is supposed to signify.

Management represents the owners. Deciding how company funds are spent is its responsibility. Labor has no say in how company funds are spent, just as your neighbor has no say in how you spend your pay check. They have no legitimate claim on it.

thank you; i knew you didn't have a clue or a Cause.

Why should a Firm have any say in how union funds are collected or spent?
A firm doesn't care how the dues are collected or spent, let the union and the employees work it out and leave the firm out of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The union is a third party to the negotiations. It has no right to be involved in the first place, moron.
so what; you only have an unsubstantiated opinion that is full of fallacy, not any form of rebuttal; clueless and Causeless, Person on the Right.

What right does any third party have to intrude an arrangement made by two other parties? Does your neighbor have a right to agree to the terms of your mortgage?
They are already doing payroll; it really is that simple; Person on the Right.

You're the one who is simple.
yes, but not full of fallacy.
Payroll deduction still cost in time and money. Money has to be collected and the distributed. It takes time, they pay employees for their time, it cost money.

A bank provides the same service free to its customers. Simply have the bank set up the monthly dues to be taken out. The firm is happy the union member countries s happy and the union is happy.

"Plan to ban automatic deduction of public employee union dues clears House panel"

Such is the unwarranted hatred of unions and government employees serving the public exhibited by most on the right, that conservatives would actually seek to attack organized labor and working Americans with the force of Federal law is reprehensible.

Again, so much for 'small government' republicans.

I don't hate unions, private companies can have unions, public unions are ok, just keep government out of being the go between of labor and unions. It gets rid of the middleman.

"Plan to ban automatic deduction of public employee union dues clears House panel"

Such is the unwarranted hatred of unions and government employees serving the public exhibited by most on the right, that conservatives would actually seek to attack organized labor and working Americans with the force of Federal law is reprehensible.

Take the government out of being involved in union and labor transactions. Let Union and labor figure out how to exchange money. No hatred, get government out.

Serving the public? Yeah, I'm being served all right. Making $20K and losing $4K in taxes.... They are serving the crap out of my pay check.

Public employee unions, are not there to serve the public. They are there to screw the public. Every time they go on strike, I get screwed. Every time they negotiate a new contract, I get screwed. Every time they pass a new Union rule, I get screwed.

Yes, I would attack organized labor, which has been attacking the crap out of me for my entire life. I work hard, so they can tax my money away, and give it to that fat lady at the BMV, who makes me wait a half hour, while she talks on her smart phone to her boy friend. No thanks.

We also need to get rid of withholding income taxes...that is the best tool the politicians have for raising taxes...if you don't see it...you don't get mad...and they just keep raising those taxes....
the right doesn't have a problem with that right now; their passion of the moment is to "screw over" unions.
That's sort of like "screwing over" a thief by taking away his stolen loot.
unions have more Informed Consent than Firms. :p

The firm doesn't consent to anything the union imposes on it, except in the sense that a the victim of a mugging consents to turning over his wallet to the mugger.
Collective bargaining is a form of democracy in action; only the Right objects to representation for Labor as the least wealthy.

No...I don't mind them collectively bargaining...in the private sector...where both sides have an incentive for keeping the business alive.....but public sector unions...not so much.....they are a money laundering scheme for greedy politicians and their democrat allies in the unions....the politicians set the pay and benefits of the democrat unions, then the unions kick back money from those salaries to the corrupt politicians...and the ones getting screwed...the tax payer....and they are killing states with this collusion......

a. Hypocrisy

b. Foolishness

c. Stupidity

d. All of the above

How does that shrink government? The real question I have for small government advocates is what would you reduce/eliminate and what are the cost-benefits and the cost-deficits?

First, go to a flat tax or another easier tax system...get rid of most of the IRS...get rid of the Dept. of Education and allow the states to keep that money...or more importantly the tax payers.....that would be the start....get rid of the grants for humanities or whatever that is called...stop most foreign aid to enemies of this country...do an audit on all government agencies...reign them in and cut their staff an initial 10% and then dig in and see how much more you can cut them.....cut back on congressional staff and perks.....

The list would be endless.......mention some and I'll let you know...

Phase out Social Security into another, more effective system...encourage people to save their own money for retirement......

Get rid of the post office...let the private sector handle it...........

a. Hypocrisy

b. Foolishness

c. Stupidity

d. All of the above

How does that shrink government? The real question I have for small government advocates is what would you reduce/eliminate and what are the cost-benefits and the cost-deficits?

How?

My understanding is that currently, Union dues are collected by the government, namely the IRS.

The IRS currently has 90,000 employees, or near there.

Why do you think that is? What do you think they are doing all year long?

It costs money to process payments and withholding, and union dues.

I want them to do less. The less they do, the fewer people they require. The fewer they require, the more will be let go, or phased out by attrition. The more are phased out or let go, the less money we have to pay in taxes to run the IRS.

It all makes sense to me. It doesn't to you?

First, go to a flat tax or another easier tax system...get rid of most of the IRS...get rid of the Dept. of Education and allow the states to keep that money...or more importantly the tax payers.....that would be the start....get rid of the grants for humanities or whatever that is called...stop most foreign aid to enemies of this country...do an audit on all government agencies...reign them in and cut their staff an initial 10% and then dig in and see how much more you can cut them.....cut back on congressional staff and perks.....

Phase out Social Security into another, more effective system...encourage people to save their own money for retirement......

You answered half of the question, what might be the cost-deficits?

Don't know...not an accountant...I do know that 10% across the board all government agencies is more than safe....and then we see what else we can cut....the IRS is only needed for a complex tax code....enforcement of an easier tax code would need less people...and less attacking of conservative groups.....

Don't know...not an accountant...I do know that 10% across the board all government agencies is more than safe....and then we see what else we can cut....the IRS is only needed for a complex tax code....enforcement of an easier tax code would need less people...and less attacking of conservative groups.....

Let me help:

• Unemployment will spike, not only will the 10% of government employees lose their job, so will the baker, the butcher and the sandwich maker.
  • Unemployed government workers have mortgages, many will lose their homes
  • Home values will drop, impacting those who are deeply in debt
  • Loan agents, Real Estate Agents and others in the home industry will be impacted
  • Real estate investors will lose equity, and will try to sell before they go underwater
  • The unemployed will default on car loans, bankers will stop making loans
  • The value of commercial real estate will drop, as empty space grows it will begin impacting the jobs of leasing agents, window washers and custodians - more stress on state and local government
  • Shops on Main St. America will be empty
  • Local government will lose revenue, more government jobs will be eliminated
How do you create a Recession? Cut jobs - we are a consumer driven economy. Don't be fooled by the Limbaughs', the only thing that trickles down is misery.

Union shops only exist because of federal law, so it's the ultimate hypocrisy to attack the repeal of that law as using federal law to attack unions.

Forum List

Back