Pit Bulls kill 89 year old woman

But they had met the 89 year old many times, why would they harm her?

Raw meat!
A. Not part of my pack
B. Weak
C. Showing fear
D. Probably not "nice" pits
E. Pack mentality

Our dogs do it at the dog park to each other. One plays the prey and the others attack it like lions attack a buffalo. My dog is a back leg ankle biter. He's not up at the neck doing the toughest job but he will help them take the prey down or stop running.

Pit bulls can be nice dogs like any other breed, they are just more likely to have assholes as owners. Remember Pete the Pup from the Little Rascals- got along well with the kids.
The Pit Bull breed is most likely beyond repair.
For the past 20 - 30 years it has been bred for aggressiveness, so much so that the entire breed is poisoned with that strain.
They are now a nervous, erratic breed that has lost the normal boundaries with humans. Even children.
In my opinion it should be made a criminal offense to breed a Pitbull. Only licensed breeders who have taken a pledge to breed out the aggressive strain should e aloud.
Their numbers MUST substantially drop.

That's because their owners are less likely to be Assholes.

If pitbulls suddenly disappeared from the gene pool, the same asshole owners would start owning shepards and rotts, and their death rates would increase.

Were you aware that Hitler was a dog owner who owned a shepard? I don't know how many death Blondi was responsible for, but probably a lot. But that was before pit bulls became popular.
That actually happened with Dobermans in the 60s and 70s.
But when that fad wore off, over the past 50 years that aggressive strain is mostly bred out.

Case in point... the difference between a Pit Bull and another powerful breed - the German Shepherd.

Earlier this summer, for us, the nightmare happened.
A Lowes truck pulled up to our property. They were at the wrong address, and therefore I wasn't expecting or prepared for company.
Xena started barking while looking out our "all glass" storm door. I recognized it has her "human bark".
I get up and look out the window to see a fella walking up the drive. I got to the back door because I don't want to risk Xena escaping the front while I open the door. So I walk out the side door, I no more than get 3 steps off the patio when Xena breaks the storm door latch and runs out. Thank God, and I mean than God the man froze. Xena ran right up to him within 2 feet of him and places herself between the front door and him. I knew the worst thing I could do was to walk towards him. I was also WAY more afraid if what the man would do than Xena.
So I spent more time instructing him than her.
I told him in as calm a voice as possible to not move, do not speak, and don't even think of looking at her. Just simply stand there.
Xena was now focused equally on me as him. Looking to see what my reaction was. So I sat down on the ground and in a friendly voice pretended to talk to him. I even faked laughing. It was working. Xena walked towards me looking back and forth between me and the dude.
Just as she was getting close enough I could grab her colllar - sure enough the man fucks up and speaks I think he said "that was close".
Dammit. Xena reacts by running right at him, and now standing less than a foot from him. Down in a "ready" pose with ears back.
I knew I had to do something. So I know her favorite thing in life is to get into my suv with me and go to the park and walk.
So I walked towards the truck, opened the hatch and started saying "go for a walk" - this confused her. Confusion is better than ready to pounce. Sure enough she jogs towards me and I grabbed her,

A German Shepherds instinct is to protect. And they will give up their own life to do so. But they don't want to. Their first instinct is drive the offender away, And stay with the pack. Staying with the pack is their primary instinct. Not running and attack and ask questions later. Their instinct is to ask questions first, and when in doubt - attack.

Case in point... the difference between a Pit Bull and another powerful breed - the German Shepherd.

Earlier this summer, for us, the nightmare happened.
A Lowes truck pulled up to our property. They were at the wrong address, and therefore I wasn't expecting or prepared for company.
Xena started barking while looking out our "all glass" storm door. I recognized it has her "human bark".
I get up and look out the window to see a fella walking up the drive. I got to the back door because I don't want to risk Xena escaping the front while I open the door. So I walk out the side door, I no more than get 3 steps off the patio when Xena breaks the storm door latch and runs out. Thank God, and I mean than God the man froze. Xena ran right up to him within 2 feet of him and places herself between the front door and him. I knew the worst thing I could do was to walk towards him. I was also WAY more afraid if what the man would do than Xena.
So I spent more time instructing him than her.
I told him in as calm a voice as possible to not move, do not speak, and don't even think of looking at her. Just simply stand there.
Xena was now focused equally on me as him. Looking to see what my reaction was. So I sat down on the ground and in a friendly voice pretended to talk to him. I even faked laughing. It was working. Xena walked towards me looking back and forth between me and the dude.
Just as she was getting close enough I could grab her colllar - sure enough the man fucks up and speaks I think he said "that was close".
Dammit. Xena reacts by running right at him, and now standing less than a foot from him. Down in a "ready" pose with ears back.
I knew I had to do something. So I know her favorite thing in life is to get into my suv with me and go to the park and walk.
So I walked towards the truck, opened the hatch and started saying "go for a walk" - this confused her. Confusion is better than ready to pounce. Sure enough she jogs towards me and I grabbed her,

A German Shepherds instinct is to protect. And they will give up their own life to do so. But they don't want to. Their first instinct is drive the offender away, And stay with the pack. Staying with the pack is their primary instinct. Not running and attack and ask questions later. Their instinct is to ask questions first, and when in doubt - attack.
Accident waiting to happen and don’t blame the driver

Accident waiting to happen and don’t blame the driver
It was a first. Xena is awesome at the vet or out walking etc. She barely pays attention to people off property.
The problem was it was in her territory. Whole other ball game.
Unfortunately when we bought this home, which is in a nice enough neighborhood, we were not aware that about a mile down the road is a horrible neighborhood. Meth heads walking up and down the road in front of our house all hours of the day/night. So we have her for that reason. And I feel 100% safe at night with her. She is an amazing guard dog. She misses nothing. And no one will mess with a GSD.
But unlike a Pit Bull, in this instance a Pit would have 100% attacked the driver no matter what he did. And I would have probably got bitten myself trying to get it off of him. I may have even had to run in the house and get a gun and shoot it. At least with Xena, her first instinct is to place herself between the offender and you and stop the person from advancing.

The Pit Bull breed is most likely beyond repair.
For the past 20 - 30 years it has been bred for aggressiveness, so much so that the entire breed is poisoned with that strain.
They are now a nervous, erratic breed that has lost the normal boundaries with humans. Even children.
In my opinion it should be made a criminal offense to breed a Pitbull. Only licensed breeders who have taken a pledge to breed out the aggressive strain should e aloud.
Their numbers MUST substantially drop.
Have to agree. And what's the big deal? Fix them all. Don't let any red neck or ghetto boy raise a pit bull. Breed the crazy out of them.

But remember. A pit bull is a great animal to have if you have a junk yard. So maybe we don't want pit bulls in our neighborhood, but a guy with a scrap yard in Detroit wants a crazy fucking pit bull. He should be allowed. Just don't ever bring that dog home. LOL.

I know a lot of sweet pit bulls. They'll still fuck up a strange dog if that dog fucks with it. I know, the other dog shouldn't have fucked with it. But it's a dog park. The other dogs aren't killer dogs. Sorry you want to have a killer dog pit bull owners. We should be able to own your ass if your dog hurts someone we love. Deal?

It was a first. Xena is awesome at the vet or out walking etc. She barely pays attention to people off property.
The problem was it was in her territory. Whole other ball game.
Unfortunately when we bought this home, which is in a nice enough neighborhood, we were not aware that about a mile down the road is a horrible neighborhood. Meth heads walking up and down the road in front of our house all hours of the day/night. So we have her for that reason. And I feel 100% safe at night with her. She is an amazing guard dog. She misses nothing. And no one will mess with a GSD.
But unlike a Pit Bull, in this instance a Pit would have 100% attacked the driver no matter what he did. And I would have probably got bitten myself trying to get it off of him. I may have even had to run in the house and get a gun and shoot it. At least with Xena, her first instinct is to place herself between the offender and you and stop the person from advancing.
Hmm I had a stray pit bull invite himself into my shop and ask for help. He had been badly abused and had several injuries as well as being covered in paint of all things. What a sweetheart he was. I patched him up, cleaned him up, and started looking for a new home. He was the best boy. But when I took him for his walkies if he saw someone that made him suspicious he would get in front of me and sit. Never growled. Never showed teeth. Just sit and watch until the person passed, or more often crossed the street. Once a man approached carrying a cane. Doggie went in front of me, sat, the hair on his neck was standing up. His body tensed. But he never showed any aggression. The man saw Doggie sitting there and crossed the street. I had never seen a dog behave that way.

After considering several prospective people, Doggie chose a family with 5 kids all under ten. He was in heaven with all those kids all over him. He never attacked anyone, never bit anyone. But he would always get in front and sit if he felt suspicious.

Well.
People own them, love them and will keep buying them.
That is the reality despite how much you hate them.

Well.
People own them, love them and will keep buying them.
That is the reality despite how much you hate them.
Insurance Companies will make you pay

A lot of people with pit bulls- especially with vicious members of the breed- don't insure their pets. An insurance company can't make you pay if you don't have a policy.

Many landlords will not allow pit bulls

Many landlords will not allow pit bulls
OMG I had my grandmother watch my dog when I walked in granny was on the floor and he was like, what?

1664992318063.png

It's almost universally the owner's fault.

My Kangal would destroy a pit, btw.

Pits have a reputation for being little badasses, but there are much more powerful dogs out there.

To blame this stuff on the dog is really just the easy way out of accepting responsibility.

My Kangal would destroy a pit, btw. lolol...
The pit gets your Kangal by the neck and doesn't let go. Bye bye Kangal. Unless you shove your finger up the pits ass. That's the only way to get it to let go. I've done it before. I actually missed but even the attempt at shoving my finger up it's ass made it let go of that poor little dog.

Why it attacked that poor innocent little dog? We don't know. It's a fucking pit. Yes it's the owners fault of course but it's a pit! My dog does some crazy shit too but he's a PBGV. Harmless. If anyone's going to get fucked up it's him. But all the other types of dogs he fucks with, even the ones who show him teeth, know to back down. Pits don't. Once the switch is flipped, it stays on.

If we would just punish the bad pit owners enough it's too expensive or a pain in the ass to take care of a pit, that would stop a lot of trouble. For example, I never got a Mustang convertible car when I was young. Not because a convert mustang was too expensive. It was the insurance. Would have cost me a fortune compared to insurance on a Focus. Then a lot of pit owners would be priced out of the market. Or wanting one.

The sad thing is if you go to a shelter, most of the dogs there are pits. I say fix them all, then let someone adopt and love them till they die. But don't let them ever breed. This should raise the price too because of supply and demand. You would think.

And fine people who "illegally" have pits. Unfixed or unapproved. You got a junk yard? Have a pit. You want home protecting? Have a pit. But if you fuck up, it's going to be expensive.

My Kangal would destroy a pit, btw.

Pits have a reputation for being little badasses, but there are much more powerful dogs out there.

To blame this stuff on the dog is really just the easy way out of accepting responsibility.
Pits are bred for aggressiveness and a fatal bite

You can try to train it out of it but you dont know when there will be a slip up
As bad as they are with vulnerable people, they are worse with other dogs

Forum List

Back