Pissing Away Taxpayers' Money

DGS49

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2012
Pittsburgh
As we enter the age of Building Back Better, the Federal government prepares to spend - what? - a couple of TRILLION dollars on roads, bridges, tunnels, ports, airports (and a lot of bullshit that has nothing to do with "infrastructure"), it is time to remind ourselves that by law, the Federal Government must require that every single construction contractor pay UNION WAGES, and since Barry Soetoro got his hands into it, they essentially must be union contractors.

Let's review: The Federal government spends trillions of dollars on manufactured items, and yet there is no law requiring manufactured items to be built by union workers. The Federal government spends a shitload of money on services - no union requirement. The Federal government spends a shitload of money on software and other computer-related work - no union requirement. And it all seems to get done, they get paid, and everyone is happy.

But when Uncle Sugar buys construction, the law requires that it be done by union contractors. If you have a house that was built by union contractors? Probably not. Home improvements? Probably not. Repairs, maintenance? Probably not. It is estimated that since Davis Bacon was passed during the Great Depression, the Federal Government has paid 20-25% more than it would have paid, had D-B not been in effect. That is a lot of fucking money.

The "law" that in effect requires union construction work was first passed in order to prevent teams of itinerant NEGROES from bidding on jobs in northern cities, thus defeating the fundamental purpose of political pork. One might say, truthfully, that the Davis Bacon Act is a racist law that remains. A vestige of Jim Crow? Probably not.

Is there any rational reason why the Federal government cannot conduct full and fair competition among EVERY FUCKING CONTRACTOR with the competence to do the work, and possibly even save a few dollars versus what the cost will be with a union mandate?

There is none.

Repeal Davis Bacon. It is the Right Thing to Do.

..they need to be CUTTING spending....they need to be CUTTING Federal workers--but they are INCREASING employment!!!
the debt is a nail in the coffin of the US

all the jackass politicians
Thank You.

I truly think ALL the problems with Economy, Courts and Relationships are Congress Related.
We are SO fucked with the Politicians.
The POTUS can only do so much (any POTUS), it is out of control, both sides.

If anyone believes that the Build Back Better plan will be self funded by taxing the rich and corporations, I have some land south of New Orleans that I would love to sell you.

Corporate tax increases will result in inflation. Corporations will not eat the tax increase but merely raise prices (inflation) and pass that tax increase to the American consumer. So the result will be increases to the debt as we cannot afford to fund all of these social programs.

I also question where personal responsibility begins and ends when the government is thumping it chest saying that they will cover the cost of child care and elder care. Why have all of us funded this out of our pockets for so long and now we cannot be responsible for our own families?

I'm so glad I'm in my 60's because you youngins out there are going to be paying taxes out the wazoo to fund Biden's agenda. Meanwhile he'll be pushing up daisies in a few years not having to be accountable.

If anyone believes that the Build Back Better plan will be self funded by taxing the rich and corporations, I have some land south of New Orleans that I would love to sell you.

Corporate tax increases will result in inflation. Corporations will not eat the tax increase but merely raise prices (inflation) and pass that tax increase to the American consumer. So the result will be increases to the debt as we cannot afford to fund all of these social programs.

I also question where personal responsibility begins and ends when the government is thumping it chest saying that they will cover the cost of child care and elder care. Why have all of us funded this out of our pockets for so long and now we cannot be responsible for our own families?

I'm so glad I'm in my 60's because you youngins out there are going to be paying taxes out the wazoo to fund Biden's agenda. Meanwhile he'll be pushing up daisies in a few years not having to be accountable.
Biden is a fucking imbecile.

All he's doing with all his Santa Claus giveaways - child credits, free childcare, free college, etc - is creating whole new groups of government dependents.

If a couple can't financially support kids, then DON'T have kids. Buy a fucking dog or cat.

If you want to go to college, figure out how YOU'RE going to pay for it. Don't expect your neighbors to support your worthless ass.

It's ridiculous. With the Covid mess kids had to stay home. Lots of kids didn't have computers, so the government runs out to GIVE them laptops. Some didn't have internet, so Biden does another giveaway.

Government hacks think kids may not be eating at home, so they have school lunchroom prepare meals so people can just drive by to pick up prepared meals. Do the parents of all these kids pay for ANY FUCKING THING their kids need?? Why do they expect everyone else to support their families?

Our government should encourage people to work, and support themselves, and strive to earn their own dreams. NOT teach them to live off the taxpayer's teat.

Last edited:

All he's doing with all his Santa Claus giveaways - child credits, free childcare, free college, etc - is creating whole new groups of government dependents.

If a couple can't financially support kids, then DON'T have kids. Buy a fucking dog or cat.

If you want to go to college, figure out how YOU'RE going to pay for it. Don't expect your neighbors to support your worthless ass.

It's ridiculous. With the Covid mess kids had to stay home. Lots of kids didn't have computers, so the government runs out to GIVE them laptops. Some didn't have internet, so Biden does another giveaway.

Government hacks think kids may not be eating at home, so they have school lunchroom prepare meals so people can just drive by to pick up prepared meals. Do the parents of all these kids pay for ANY FUCKING THING their kids need?? Why do they expect everyone else to support their families?

Our government should encourage people to work, and support themselves, and strive to earn their own dreams. NOT teach them to live off the taxpayer's teat.
Couldn't have said it better.

As we enter the age of Building Back Better, the Federal government prepares to spend - what? - a couple of TRILLION dollars on roads, bridges, tunnels, ports, airports (and a lot of bullshit that has nothing to do with "infrastructure"), it is time to remind ourselves that by law, the Federal Government must require that every single construction contractor pay UNION WAGES, and since Barry Soetoro got his hands into it, they essentially must be union contractors.

Let's review: The Federal government spends trillions of dollars on manufactured items, and yet there is no law requiring manufactured items to be built by union workers. The Federal government spends a shitload of money on services - no union requirement. The Federal government spends a shitload of money on software and other computer-related work - no union requirement. And it all seems to get done, they get paid, and everyone is happy.

But when Uncle Sugar buys construction, the law requires that it be done by union contractors. If you have a house that was built by union contractors? Probably not. Home improvements? Probably not. Repairs, maintenance? Probably not. It is estimated that since Davis Bacon was passed during the Great Depression, the Federal Government has paid 20-25% more than it would have paid, had D-B not been in effect. That is a lot of fucking money.

The "law" that in effect requires union construction work was first passed in order to prevent teams of itinerant NEGROES from bidding on jobs in northern cities, thus defeating the fundamental purpose of political pork. One might say, truthfully, that the Davis Bacon Act is a racist law that remains. A vestige of Jim Crow? Probably not.

Is there any rational reason why the Federal government cannot conduct full and fair competition among EVERY FUCKING CONTRACTOR with the competence to do the work, and possibly even save a few dollars versus what the cost will be with a union mandate?

There is none.

Repeal Davis Bacon. It is the Right Thing to Do.
Not necessarily since I have been paid union wages or prevailing wages in Missouri yet was never a member of any labor union.

The free college has been around since long before Biden existed....

Forum List

Back