pictures of Bush off the wagon

I choose not to sweat the man over drinking a beer.

Hell, someone should have passed him a giant bong.

view.php

Bush&

Bush_Bong.jpg

"I quit drinking in 1986 and haven't had a drop since then." He ascribed the change in part to a 1985 meeting with Reverend Billy Graham, after which he began serious Bible study.

Now do you want to answer my question about your plan to fix America's problems or should I start a whole new thread for you to do it in?

Even the best of the best recovering alcoholics fall off the wagon TM.... and yes I do understand that President Bush has claimed to be dry ever since he had "Seen the Light", but in truth, it is none of our business if he does fall short, unless of course if this occurs from 9am- 5 pm, then we could have a problem, or if he was caught drinking all the time, but even then, we have had alcoholic presidents before in our history too, if memory serves me.

I say it is none of our business because I firmly believe when one "Fall's Short" in their personal life, they should be able to work through it and resolve it without the interference of the media and the public.

Just as I felt that President Clinton and his wife, should have been allowed to work out their personal problems without the media and WORLD looking them over, it's hard enough of a job to recover with one's family when someone has "fallen short" and disappointed everyone, let alone having the media and your opponents down your back, ya know?

Anyway, this is just an example of why MAN should not be held higher than God Himself for those of us that are believers, as some had seemed to have done early on in the Bush Presidency.... :(

Care

Even the best of the best recovering alcoholics fall off the wagon TM.... and yes I do understand that President Bush has claimed to be dry ever since he had "Seen the Light", but in truth, it is none of our business if he does fall short, unless of course if this occurs from 9am- 5 pm, then we could have a problem, or if he was caught drinking all the time, but even then, we have had alcoholic presidents before in our history too, if memory serves me.

I say it is none of our business because I firmly believe when one "Fall's Short" in their personal life, they should be able to work through it and resolve it without the interference of the media and the public.

Just as I felt that President Clinton and his wife, should have been allowed to work out their personal problems without the media and WORLD looking them over, it's hard enough of a job to recover with one's family when someone has "fallen short" and disappointed everyone, let alone having the media and your opponents down your back, ya know?

Anyway, this is just an example of why MAN should not be held higher than God Himself for those of us that are believers, as some had seemed to have done early on in the Bush Presidency.... :(

Care

One small difference between Clinton’s indiscretion and Bush’s indiscretion:

I don’t care that Clinton had an affair. That is an issue for him and is wife to resolve. Clinton lied to the American public and to a grand jury about his affair.

I do not care about Bush's drinking. Bush might be drinking too much alcohol. It may be an issue for him, his family, and his doctor. He might not be drinking too much alcohol. He may have lied to us about his drinking - I don't know. He has not lied to a grand jury about his alcohol consumption.

He blamed his drinking for the poor judgement he used in his first 40 years.

I am concentrating on the idea that he lies to the American peope to have us see him as he really isnt.

He has been proven to make poor judgements when partaking of alcohol in his past and of his own admission.

I wouldnt worry as much about this little picture if it werent for the fact that he was unable to perform his duties the next day.

I think they guy binge drinks to this day.

One small difference between Clinton’s indiscretion and Bush’s indiscretion:

I don’t care that Clinton had an affair. That is an issue for him and is wife to resolve. Clinton lied to the American public and to a grand jury about his affair.

I do not care about Bush's drinking. Bush might be drinking too much alcohol. It may be an issue for him, his family, and his doctor. He might not be drinking too much alcohol. He may have lied to us about his drinking - I don't know. He has not lied to a grand jury about his alcohol consumption.
Matt,

Niether question should be asked of them to be answered imo. They are both private matters and a situation where it needs to be dealt with privately, and not publically.... if that means getting Bush in to a rehab if off the wagon or Clinton in with some sex therapist and marriage counselor! :) both without Public Knowledge.

I 'd so much rather read about it 10-20 years later than be invoved with their own family crisis on a day to day basis.

So, I guess we disagree, in a way.

and btw I believe President Clinton did lie before the grand jury(for a question that was imaterial imho), but he was Acquitted for such, by the Senate, during the impeachment trial.

Care

I don’t understand the point of this thread. Once can socialize with a friend and have a drink. This does not make one an alcoholic. It seems to me that Bush is having a nice time. What is the big deal? Must a president always be somber and serious? I just don’t get it.

If you are an alchoholic, who went to rehab, got sober after finding jesus. Your not suppose to relapse by having a beer. Even one beer can cause a binge. And Bush's stomach ailment, sounds like a binge. Its too easy to revert back to the old ways for alchoholics like Bush. Plus he lied and said he was sober ever since he found jesus.

Also, if he drank 10 of those .5% alchoholic drinks, that is equal to one full alchoholic drink. Only an alchoholic would drink so many non-alchoholic drinks to get a "stomach ailment" the following day.

go ahead and make excuses for him.

Im sure it makes his lies go away.

Forum List

Back