Philip Levine Gun Ad Falls Short

Never heard of Philip Levine ? Me neither. Until he started running a slew of TV ads while running for governor in Florida. Levine, a Democrat, has presented some of the worst ideas I've ever heard of, on just about everything, but his latest one addressing school shootings really takes the cake.

In the ad, a graphic is shown which is a list of 3 proposals. Incredibly, these all (reasonable regulations, background checks, assault weapons) all pertain to gun control (with some merit), but none of which address school security.

Wow. This is some of the most amazing detachment from reality I've ever seen from Democrats. I suppose we all agree that there are some gun control issues that shoud be tackled. Even the NRA, and NRA members President Trump and Florida governor Rick Scott agree on that. But obvioulsy, the immediate problem is getting the schools secured to keep everyone safe.

This is (shoud be) a no-brainer. First and foremost, we need to get the schools hardened, to where a school shooter doesn't see them as a green light "gun-free zone", where he can go and do as he pleases. This point was well made by Andrew Pollack, a father of one of the Parkland victims, on the Fox News Sunday show this week. Kimberly Strassel also made this point.

Incredibly, just like the fall-short Levine ad, Donna Edwards, former Democrat congresswoman, actually spoke out against having guns in the schools, thereby providing armed protection. Often with these shows, you wish you were on them, so you could say something. I would have asked Ms. Edwards this >> "When the next school shooter shows up (maybe today or tomorrow), how do you propose to stop him, without a gun in the school, and police still 5 minutes away ? Are you going to tell him gun control legislation is going through the Congress ? Are you gping to offer him a lollipop, or an ice cream cone ? Sing him a song ?"

Democrats are notorious for showing detachment from reality, but never quite as bad as this. Hopefully, our leaders will not be influenced to go along with this disregard of common sense, or we will have yet more lost lives.

Schools are just part of the immediate problem. A very important part, but just part. Mass shootings, some at schools, are our immediate problem.

They are the rarest of rare events, dumb ass.......in 35 years, from 1982-2017 there were a total of 795 people murdered by mass public shooters.....knives murder over 1,600 people every single year........

There is no mass shooting crisis, there is no need to ban semi auto weapons.....but you guys hate guns so you will push gun control no matter what.

So you don't have a problem with mass shootings. That's expected from a crazy gun nut.

Never heard of Philip Levine ? Me neither. Until he started running a slew of TV ads while running for governor in Florida. Levine, a Democrat, has presented some of the worst ideas I've ever heard of, on just about everything, but his latest one addressing school shootings really takes the cake.

In the ad, a graphic is shown which is a list of 3 proposals. Incredibly, these all (reasonable regulations, background checks, assault weapons) all pertain to gun control (with some merit), but none of which address school security.

Wow. This is some of the most amazing detachment from reality I've ever seen from Democrats. I suppose we all agree that there are some gun control issues that shoud be tackled. Even the NRA, and NRA members President Trump and Florida governor Rick Scott agree on that. But obvioulsy, the immediate problem is getting the schools secured to keep everyone safe.

This is (shoud be) a no-brainer. First and foremost, we need to get the schools hardened, to where a school shooter doesn't see them as a green light "gun-free zone", where he can go and do as he pleases. This point was well made by Andrew Pollack, a father of one of the Parkland victims, on the Fox News Sunday show this week. Kimberly Strassel also made this point.

Incredibly, just like the fall-short Levine ad, Donna Edwards, former Democrat congresswoman, actually spoke out against having guns in the schools, thereby providing armed protection. Often with these shows, you wish you were on them, so you could say something. I would have asked Ms. Edwards this >> "When the next school shooter shows up (maybe today or tomorrow), how do you propose to stop him, without a gun in the school, and police still 5 minutes away ? Are you going to tell him gun control legislation is going through the Congress ? Are you gping to offer him a lollipop, or an ice cream cone ? Sing him a song ?"

Democrats are notorious for showing detachment from reality, but never quite as bad as this. Hopefully, our leaders will not be influenced to go along with this disregard of common sense, or we will have yet more lost lives.

Schools are just part of the immediate problem. A very important part, but just part. Mass shootings, some at schools, are our immediate problem.

They are the rarest of rare events, dumb ass.......in 35 years, from 1982-2017 there were a total of 795 people murdered by mass public shooters.....knives murder over 1,600 people every single year........

There is no mass shooting crisis, there is no need to ban semi auto weapons.....but you guys hate guns so you will push gun control no matter what.

So you don't have a problem with mass shootings. That's expected from a crazy gun nut.

And there you go again, you are such a doofus....the only ones promoting mass shootings are morons like you who want to keep democrat gun free zones in our schools....

We know that mass shooters choose gun free zones.....so by you keeping schools democrat gun free zones for law abiding people...you are exposing them to attack...that is on you...

And there you go again, you are such a doofus....the only ones promoting mass shootings are morons like you who want to keep democrat gun free zones in our schools....

We know that mass shooters choose gun free zones.....so by you keeping schools democrat gun free zones for law abiding people...you are exposing them to attack...that is on you...

You already said you don't think mass shootings are a problem. That's about all that needs to be known about you and your goofy opinions.

You already said you don't think mass shootings are a problem. That's about all that needs to be known about you and your goofy opinions.

Moron......and you really are a moron.....mass shootings are not a problem in this country, in fact they are going down...our schools are safer than they were in the 1990s......and in 35 years there have been 795 people murdered in mass public shootings......35 years.....each and every year knives are used to murder over 1,600 people.....every single year.....and more people die from wasp and bee stings and lawn mowers than die by mass shooters using the AR-15....

So no, they are not a problem. The ones that happen need to be stopped, you dumb doofus.....but you don't stop them by taking guns away from law abiding people, who don't commit mass shootings.

You stop it by getting rid of democrat gun free zones.....and you won't do that because you need dead children to push gun control.

Forum List

Back