Too Much Talk Too Little ACTION

protectionist

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2013
Everyone in America needs to stop talking about assault weapons, mental health, et al gun control measures, and start ACTING on school safety, and I mean NOW. As I'm posting this, a school shooter could be on his way to some school, who in conjunction with the Crime Control Act of 1990 (which enacted "gun-free zones"), can do as he pleases, with little ot no opposition. Rep. Massey (R-KY) has proposed a repeal of the 1990 CCA, to abolish ludicrous/dangerous gun-free zones, and thereby harden schools to become protective of their inhabitants.

The schools must populated with a staff of well-armed, well-trained guards, who can DEFEND them instantly, in those first critical minutes, while police RESPONDERS are on the road en route to the school (if a call to them has even been able to be made). The schools must also be equipped with security systems (cameras, monitors, alarms, locks, etc) as good as any airport or courtroom.

These ACTIONS must happen RIGHT NOW. Any delay could result in more deaths, as gun-free zone policy has already repeatedly caused. Gun control legislation might be feasible also, but it is the school protection that is first and foremost.

Everyone in America needs to stop talking about assault weapons, mental health, et al gun control measures, and start ACTING on school safety, and I mean NOW. As I'm posting this, a school shooter could be on his way to some school, who in conjunction with the Crime Control Act of 1990 (which enacted"gun-free zones), can do as he pleases, with little ot no opposition. Rep. Massey (R-KY) has proposed a repeal of the 1990 CCA, to abolish ludicrous/dangerous gun-free zones, and thereby harden schools to become protective of their inhabitants.

The schools must populated with a staff of well-armed, well-trained guards, who can DEFEND them instantly, in those first critical minutes while police RESPONDERS are on the road en route to the school (if a call to them has even been able to be made). The schools must also be equipped with security systems (cameras, monitors, alarms, locks, etc) as good as any airport or courtroom.

These ACTIONS must happen RIGHT NOW. Any delay could result in more deaths, as gun-free zone policy has already repeatedly caused. Gun control legislation might be feasible also, but it is the school protection that is first and foremost.
Well, that's just silly. You have a complete misunderstanding of America. Assuming that we're trying to improve anything - too funny.

This is about finger-pointing and political advantage, as is pretty much everything else. Kids lives? Meh, whatever.

Ultimately, we're going to do what we always do: Slap a few band-aids on the problem, pat ourselves on the back because we "care", and completely ignore the cultural foundations of our problems because dealing with them would require honesty, cooperation and hard work.

Well, that's just silly. You have a complete misunderstanding of America. Assuming that we're trying to improve anything - too funny.

This is about finger-pointing and political advantage, as is pretty much everything else. Kids lives? Meh, whatever.

Ultimately, we're going to do what we always do: Slap a few band-aids on the problem, pat ourselves on the back because we "care", and completely ignore the cultural foundations of our problems because dealing with them would require honesty, cooperation and hard work.
Don't be so negative. We can't afford that right now.

Don't be so negative. We can't afford that right now.
Well, if you have a grassroots action plan, I'm all ears. Seriously.

Everyone in America needs to stop talking about assault weapons, mental health, et al gun control measures, and start ACTING on school safety, and I mean NOW. As I'm posting this, a school shooter could be on his way to some school, who in conjunction with the Crime Control Act of 1990 (which enacted "gun-free zones"), can do as he pleases, with little ot no opposition. Rep. Massey (R-KY) has proposed a repeal of the 1990 CCA, to abolish ludicrous/dangerous gun-free zones, and thereby harden schools to become protective of their inhabitants.

The schools must populated with a staff of well-armed, well-trained guards, who can DEFEND them instantly, in those first critical minutes, while police RESPONDERS are on the road en route to the school (if a call to them has even been able to be made). The schools must also be equipped with security systems (cameras, monitors, alarms, locks, etc) as good as any airport or courtroom.

Do what they did at our airports. Post the military today at every school in America.
Anything less means you want another shooting.

So that is your vision of America. Where we have to go armed to church, school, or even grocery shopping. The great shining gunshop on the hill. Crap.

How about we take remove our children from the alter of the gun. Is there any need for a civilian to have an assault weapon? And why should someone that cannot yet legally buy alcohol or cigarettes, be able to buy an assault weapon? Why was not the fact that this kid was extremely mentally ill addressed? Why should someone that is not only 18 but under treatment for mental disease be allowed to buy any kind of gun? Why are we not addressing the fact that our nation has many times the amount of gun violence as does any other 1st world nation?

Do what they did at our airports. Post the military today at every school in America.
US military can only be used outside the US. National guard can be used, but they are usually only for temporary situations. This is a permanent one.
Best scenario is probably to hire professional, trained, armed guards + arm gun-qualified school employees.

Well, if you have a grassroots action plan, I'm all ears. Seriously.
You just heard it - in the OP. You did read it ?
Yes, I did. And that's one of the band-aids I'm talking about.

Let's do that. It will do nothing to address the cultural issues that are at the foundation of the problem.

So that is your vision of America. Where we have to go armed to church, school, or even grocery shopping. The great shining gunshop on the hill. Crap.

How about we take remove our children from the alter of the gun. Is there any need for a civilian to have an assault weapon? And why should someone that cannot yet legally buy alcohol or cigarettes, be able to buy an assault weapon? Why was not the fact that this kid was extremely mentally ill addressed? Why should someone that is not only 18 but under treatment for mental disease be allowed to buy any kind of gun? Why are we not addressing the fact that our nation has many times the amount of gun violence as does any other 1st world nation?
Dear Mr. Question Mark :

1. Yes, there is a need for civilian to have an assault weapon.

2. A 20 year old single mom with 2 kids and no criminal record, is being threatened by some rapist creep. You want to deny her them) a chance to protect themselves ?

3. Ask the FBI.

4. Depends on the mental disease. whether it is violence-connected or not.

5. US is not #1 in gun violence among 1st world nations. France has more. (with gun-free zone policy)

OK, I read it. And if you want to do that, I propose we fund that with a 100% tax on all gun sales.
Arming school employees doesn't require any money. Armed guards and security systems do, but I see no connection between school safety and gun sales.

Yes, I did. And that's one of the band-aids I'm talking about.

Let's do that. It will do nothing to address the cultural issues that are at the foundation of the problem.
The OP is not prescribing a band aid. It is talking about STOPPING mass shooters. Period. That's not a band aid.

As for cultural stuff, that can come later, with time. The immediate problem is to SECURE THE SCHOOLS - NOW.

Why not go all the way and reshape our schools like prisons? Much more secure than airports
You people are freaking crazy!

Why not go all the way and reshape our schools like prisons? Much more secure than airports
You people are freaking crazy!
So what do you do to stop the mass shooter when he shows up ? Offer him a lollipop ?
1. Get rid of the concept ofgun free zones
2. Allow teachers who want to, carry concealed weapons.
3. Find out what has changed in the last 50 years that caused the unprecedented rise in school shootings.and fix that

1. Get rid of the concept of gun free zones
2. Allow teachers who want to, carry concealed weapons.
3. Find out what has changed in the last 50 years that caused the unprecedented rise in school shootings.and fix that
First you say we're crazy. Then you suggest all the same things we've been saying.

Forum List

Back