Petty Theft Now Misdemeanor In CA

Since 2020, Petty Theft in CA is now charged as a misdemeanor. This has caused what Gov. Newsom calls organized petty theft syndicates. Now he is proposing spending Tax dollars on a 'task force' to go after these crime syndicates.

So, Newsom let a stupid law be made and now he is spending more money to stop the crime happening because of the stupid law he signed and created. No wonder folks want to recall this idiot.

You really are desperate and scraping the bottom for talking points to denigrate dems. If they were stealing off you it would be different. You're brain dead.

White people do that shit all the time. Thats why they lead in theft, larceny.
Technically, that's true, but the totals are a little misleading.

total
white
black
native
asian

White people make up 76% of the population and are responsible for 66%. (539,390/813,070 = 0.6633)

Black people make up 13% and are responsible for 30%. (245,540/813,070 = 0.3019)

So, yeah, there are a lot of white people who steal, but there are also a lot of white people.

I am not making any excuses one way or another. 1% is too high for me. WAY TOO MANY white people are thieving shits.
:beer:

https://www.ojjdp.gov/ojstatbb/crime/ucr.asp?table_in=2
total
white
black
native
asian

https://www.census.gov/quickfacts/fact/table/US/PST045219
White people make up 76% of the population and are responsible for 66%. (539,390/813,070 = 0.6633)

Black people make up 13% and are responsible for 30%. (245,540/813,070 = 0.3019)

So, yeah, there are a lot of white people who steal, but there are also a lot of white people.

I am not making any excuses one way or another. 1% is too high for me. WAY TOO MANY white people are thieving shits.
"So, yeah, there are a lot of white people who steal, but there are also a lot of white people."

Doesnt matter if there are a little or a lot of white people. They still make up the vast majority of thieves.

You really are desperate and scraping the bottom for talking points to denigrate dems. If they were stealing off you it would be different. You're brain dead.
You completely missed the point. Newsom could crack down on petty theft by NOT letting the perps walk and also organized criminals would not see the profit in it so no 'task force' would be needed. You're a stupid shit, you know that?

You completely missed the point. Newsom could crack down on petty theft by NOT letting the perps walk and also organized criminals would not see the profit in it so no 'task force' would be needed. You're a stupid shit, you know that?

I could be that but I know the reason for your post so don't deny it.

Nope sorry. The companies will have to learn how to protect themselves and stop making the tax payer do it.
Most of the larger retailers with brick and mortar stores have their own security but, it's largely ineffective because they are supposed to call the police but, the police are being defunded and prosecuted for arresting perps, especially if those perps have the appropriate skin color. Also, perps who lift less than $950 will just get a slap on the hand anyway. In addition, any store owner that physically apprehends a theif is in danger of 1) Being shot or assaulted by the perp, 2) Being sued by the perp, or 3) Ending up in jail for assault because they tried to stop the perp. What really happens is the owner just lets them get away with it, turns in an insurance claim. Their premiums skyrocket, they increase their prices and the public (taxpayers) end up paying.

Most of the larger retailers with brick and mortar stores have their own security but, it's largely ineffective because they are supposed to call the police but, the police are being defunded and prosecuted for arresting perps, especially of those perps have the appropriate skin color. Also, perpes who lift less than $950 will just get a slap on the hand anyway. In addition, any store owner that physically apprehends a theif is in danger of 1) Being shot or assaulted by the perp, 2) Being sued by the perp, or 3) Ending up in jail for assault because they tried to stop the perp.

Your solution is, as usual, only troll thinking. Go away now please.
You do have the mannerisms of a dolt yet the stores are just gonna have to secure their products to where they can't be stolen. There is an easy way to accommodate this but turd burglars like you can't figure it out. The cops are after the gangs of steal and dash thieves your small pea brain can't understand that they don't just get away scot free, but you do have a negative impact Trump political bias to work with.

total
white
black
native
asian

Are you trying to say that white people do not commit crimes?

You do have the manner isms of a dolt yet the stores are just gonna have to secure their products to where they can't be stolen. There is an easy way to accommodate this but shit thieves like you can't figure it out. The cops are after the gangs of steal and dash thieves your small pea brain can't understand that they don't just get away scot free, but you do have a negative impact Trump political bias to work with.
Yeah and all that shit cost money and shrinks revenue that has to be made up with higher prices, idiot. Besides, what are you going to do? Put all your products behind locked cabinets? Wouldn't it be easier to NOT let these perps walk? That shit would stop immediately. How did you get to be such a stupid idiot?

Yeah and all that shit cost money and shrinks revenue that has to be made up with higher prices, idiot. Besides, what are you going to do? Put all your products behind locked cabinets? Wouldn't it be easier to NOT let these perps walk? That shit would stop immediately. How did you get to be such a stupid idiot?
They can either charge higher prices for theft or for theft deterrents, either way it still makes you obsolete and insignificant to the future of humans. If you know so much go and show them how it is done big mouth.

Did they redefine "petty theft" when they made it a misdemeanor? Mugging, looting, burglary? Who knows? You gotta laugh that the Feds meanwhile considered " technical illegal lobbying" to be a felony and the entire FBI is on the case of mom&pop trespassers on government property on Jan 6.

OR it could be that you're a flaming idiot who just posts garbage.......I think that's it really.
Your problem is that you don't think.
What i post is truth and factual but to a republican it is a foreign language.
While ever you're addicted to fox, you will be exempt from facts. You wouldn't dare have the guts to watch anything else for fear it could hurt your eyes.
I remind you, you lost by a big margin. Get over it.

"So, yeah, there are a lot of white people who steal, but there are also a lot of white people."

Doesnt matter if there are a little or a lot of white people. They still make up the vast majority of thieves.
I am not arguing that they are not. I am saying that it's not really a race thing either way.

You have a problem with that?

Since 2020, Petty Theft in CA is now charged as a misdemeanor. This has caused what Gov. Newsom calls organized petty theft syndicates. Now he is proposing spending Tax dollars on a 'task force' to go after these crime syndicates.

So, Newsom let a stupid law be made and now he is spending more money to stop the crime happening because of the stupid law he signed and created. No wonder folks want to recall this idiot.
Lol, imagine that petty theft being a petty crime. Strange it is treated the same in my republican ran state. Hilarious what you idiots come up with.

Prop 47 reduced shoplifting / Petty Theft to a 'Misdemeanor' while raising the amount that can be stolen yet still be considered a 'Misdemeanor' to $950.

As I posted in another thread (before seeing this one), this has resulted in:
- Police failing to respond to 911 calls reporting shoplifting
- Bail is no longer required, which means if cops bother booking them they are immediately released
- Booking / charging rates for these thieves are now down 30%
- Prosecutors not caring, effort to prosecute has decreased

Ca legislators & gov Newsom abandoned / betrayed law-abiding business owners by giving criminals permission to steal

It was not until a store employee was shot & killed trying to stop a shoplifter and these brazen shoplifting incidents gaining national attention that forced Newsom to take even a theatrical response.

What was needed was for Prop 47 to be rescinded or drastically changed. Instead, Newsome signed some bill that creates a Task Force whose job is to go after 'organized gangs' engaged in shoplifting. So, if you are an individual, and you have a sudden urge to go out to Target and / or T J Max for a little '5-Finger-Discount' shopping - up to $949 - you have little to nothing to worry about. You're good.

Forum List

Back