PETA Activists Want People To Stop Using

Aletheia4u

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2017
3ocih9.gif

Here they go again..

UK's chapter of People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals sparked a face wave of controversy with their recent statement on February 5 saying the 'companion animals' are 'not pets'. According to PETA, usage of the word 'pet' can be 'harmful' or addressing the animals as 'it' instead an individual should use terms like 'dog guardian' and genders like 'he' or 'she'. The statement further adds that 'speciesist language' is 'harmful' and language should not 'trick' anyone into feeling that an animal is a 'human-owned object'.
British PETA activists want people to stop using the term 'pets' - Republic World

cute-dog-picture-king-of-the-play-bow-cody-bark-then-bow.jpg

They are my slaves. I own them. They bow before me.

Besides, anything that eats poop doesn't rate civil rights.

3ocih9.gif

Here they go again..

UK's chapter of People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals sparked a face wave of controversy with their recent statement on February 5 saying the 'companion animals' are 'not pets'. According to PETA, usage of the word 'pet' can be 'harmful' or addressing the animals as 'it' instead an individual should use terms like 'dog guardian' and genders like 'he' or 'she'. The statement further adds that 'speciesist language' is 'harmful' and language should not 'trick' anyone into feeling that an animal is a 'human-owned object'.
British PETA activists want people to stop using the term 'pets' - Republic World
Harmful??? The only way I can conceive it being harmful is if some PETA nut bashes somebody in with a bat.
Dogs happiness: Pets, scratches, food, treats, balls and sticks to fetch, walks and accompanying their owner/family member on trips in the car.
Cats happiness: Humans being subservient to them, when they allow it.
The term PET actually comes from the verb origin, to pet.

Forum List

Back