Perserverance Lands on Mars

james bond

Gold Member
Oct 17, 2015
Holes seen in the rocks. What could've caused them? Martian gas haha.

'ORLANDO, Fla., Feb. 19 (UPI) -- NASA's newest Mars mission sent back the first-ever photos of a rover -- Perseverance -- landing on another planet.

NASA released the photos during a news briefing Friday afternoon following the rover's successful arrival at Jezero Crater the day before. One image shows the rover hanging underneath the jetpack device that provides the final descent.

NASA's team on the project said the images exceeded their expectations.

"I mean this is something that we've never seen before. It was stunning and the team was awestruck," said Aaron Stehura, a NASA flight system engineer.'

152030339_1112862459178035_5460856431053010826_n.jpg

How many Mars missions have there been? Seems like the US and other nations have been there several times now. Why do they keep going there?

How many Mars missions have there been? Seems like the US and other nations have been there several times now. Why do they keep going there?
This is a big one. This rover can do a lot more than the previous ones. We will now learn if life once existed on Mars. If it did then life is everywhere in the universe. If like was once on Mars we are not a rare occurrence. The ingredients are everywhere. All it takes is time.

This is a big one. This rover can do a lot more than the previous ones. We will now learn if life once existed on Mars. If it did then life is everywhere in the universe. If like was once on Mars we are not a rare occurrence. The ingredients are everywhere. All it takes is time.
I suspect they already know life exists elsewhere in the universe and possibly on Mars.

Just when NASA makes a comeback from the Obama mess we get Joe....what a shame...

I think this one is going to explore below the surface of Mars for evidence of ancient life.

I think this one is going to explore below the surface of Mars for evidence of ancient life.
Yes, congratulations US! Credit where it is due and we Brits did our bit by making the parachute. Perseverance landed near a dried-up lake and will drill down attempting to find signs of life past or present. Just think of the mind-blowing implications if traces of life are found. Judaism/Christianity finally debunked and that is just for starters.

Yes, congratulations US! Credit where it is due and we Brits did our bit by making the parachute. Perseverance landed near a dried-up lake and will drill down attempting to find signs of life past or present. Just think of the mind-blowing implications if traces of life are found. Judaism/Christianity finally debunked and that is just for starters.

Just for that last crack, you'll be putting your everlasting life on the line on Perserverance.

They will say that it doesn’t debunk Christianity. So don’t expect them to lose their religion if yet another one of their beliefs is disproven.

Did Jesus weigh in on this? Did he ever say we are alone in the universe? He didn’t seem to be a deep thinker. Focused more on human emotions and not on science.

They will say that it doesn’t debunk Christianity. So don’t expect them to lose their religion if yet another one of their beliefs is disproven.

Did Jesus weigh in on this? Did he ever say we are alone in the universe? He didn’t seem to be a deep thinker. Focused more on human emotions and not on science.
Yes, your right they will just move the goalposts again like they did when it was proven that our Earth is not the centre of the universe.

My own personal beliefs are not based on any religion but Quantum Philosophy.
Finding traces of life on Mars will prove beyond all doubt that the Goldilocks Theory - that the Earth's position from the Sun. Its mass and chemistry provided all the conditions right for life to form and progress but is also true of Mars up to the point where conditions were no longer favorable for life to progress there.
At some point in the past, either Mars or Earth or both were on course to produce beings like us.
The fact that two planets that sit in close proximity actually produced life in the only Solar System we have been able to study proves beyond doubt that Life is far more abundant throughout our Milky Way Galaxy than blades of grass in a meadow.

Yes, your right they will just move the goalposts again like they did when it was proven that our Earth is not the centre of the universe.

Finding traces of life on Mars will prove beyond all doubt that the Goldilocks Theory - that the Earth's position from the Sun. Its mass and chemistry provided all the conditions right for life to form and progress but is also true of Mars up to the point where conditions were no longer favorable for life to progress there.
At some point in the past, either Mars or Earth or both were on course to produce beings like us.
The fact that two planets that sit in close proximity actually produced life in the only Solar System we have been able to study proves beyond doubt that Life is far more abundant throughout our Milky Way Galaxy than blades of grass in a meadow.
Actually it may have been a fluke that we developed into such smart beings. We could have stayed monkey like.

And if we didn’t have a moon maybe we would have life here but not human life. I’m guessing a lot of the life we will find out there will be smart like dogs, dolphins, fish, snakes, crows, only rarely will you find Intelligence like ours.

Maybe those planets are ruled by dinosaurs because a meteor never wiped them out.

“You are the Lord, you alone. You have made heaven, the heaven of heavens, with all their host, the earth and all that is on it, the seas and all that is in them; and you preserve all of them; and the host of heaven worships you." Nehemiah 9:6

The creationist thinking is no intelligent aliens proves no abiogenesis so evolution is dead. If there are intelligent aliens, then it contradicts the Bible because it does not state God created aliens.

Furthermore, if there is a microbe(s), then it could be panspermia but rather doubtful that an organism could survive in outer space and its solar winds. It would be evidence for abiogenesis, but it's doubtful any life will be found because God didn't create any life beyond Earth. Mars is very harsh environment, too.

Moreover, it shows the fine tuning physics and parameters.

For some reason, I get that you are bugging the Lord so you'll really get yours.

Anyway, I'll accept what you stated but what if there is no life whatsoever? If there was life, then I'd think it was on the moon (due to panspermia), but it has no magnetic field like Mars and no life was found below its surface.

“You are the Lord, you alone. You have made heaven, the heaven of heavens, with all their host, the earth and all that is on it, the seas and all that is in them; and you preserve all of them; and the host of heaven worships you." Nehemiah 9:6

The creationist thinking is no intelligent aliens proves no abiogenesis so evolution is dead. If there are intelligent aliens, then it contradicts the Bible because it does not state God created aliens.

Furthermore, if there is a microbe(s), then it could be panspermia but rather doubtful that an organism could survive in outer space and its solar winds. It would be evidence for abiogenesis, but it's doubtful any life will be found because God didn't create any life beyond Earth. Mars is very harsh environment, too.

Evolution is a fact. Intelligent aliens or not. How would their existence prove or disprove evolution?

Evolution is a fact. Intelligent aliens or not. How would their existence prove or disprove evolution?

You are wrong, wrong, wrong. Evo is not a fact or else we both could use it such as the sky is blue. The only thing I can use is natural selection which God made. Animals were created to and adapt to their environment. They also prey on each other for food and survival. If there wasn't sin, then this would be the way it works in heaven on Earth.

Like I said with no intelligent aliens nor even organisms, it shows that abiogenesis is a lie and doesn't happen. Science proved it with the swan neck flask experiment.

Let's discuss Mars. The rocks on Mars have holes in it and they soaked up all the surface water. Thus, no life. The only hope for the atheist scientists of NASA is below the surface. You may not get another chance for abiogenesis, so this could be it for you.

Last edited:

You are wrong, wrong, wrong. Evo is not a fact or else we both could use it such as the sky is blue. The only thing I can use is natural selection which God made. Animals were created to and adapt to their environment. They also prey on each other for food and survival. If there wasn't sin, then this would be the way it works in heaven on Earth.

Like I said with no intelligent aliens nor even organisms, it shows that abiogenesis is a lie and doesn't happen. Science proved it with the swan neck flask experiment.

Let's discuss Mars. The rocks on Mars have holes in it and they soaked up all the surface water. Thus, no life. The only hope for the atheist scientists of NASA is below the surface. You may not get another chance for abiogenesis, so this could be it for you.
We see evidence life once existed on Mars. My money says we find life. If it’s on the surface it will be proof of life in the past. There might be ice inside mars where life exists now. We shall see.

For some reason, I get that you are bugging the Lord so you'll really get yours.

Anyway, I'll accept what you stated but what if there is no life whatsoever? If there was life, then I'd think it was on the moon (due to panspermia), but it has no magnetic field like Mars and no life was found below its surface.
" For some reason, I get that you are bugging the Lord so you'll really get yours."

O no I must believe and pay homage cos if I don't this vicious vengeful God will make me suffer for all eternity. - Is that it?

Well sorry, he made the mistake of giving me 'free' mind so I will think as I please.
I don't approve of his sending plagues, floods, and droughts to wipe out people struggling to survive just because they didn't behave in the way he created them not to.
Nor fast-forwarding to Christianity and the horrendous crimes of the Catholic church all in his name. Nor The First World War. Auschwitz. Rwanda.
Sorry but even if he does exist I don't want anything to do with him - his moral standards are simply too low.

Having said that, it isn't anything personal. I don't believe we are the result of an accident, there is simply too much evidence of design in the entire universal process.
As I said I'm a quantum philosopher and believe I.E (Intelligent Energy) is responsible.
No old man with a beard sat on a cloud. No hippy type figure wandering around Judea who had the gift of the gab and made a living telling folk to repress their natural human condition.

You seem to see abiogenesis and intelligent beings like ourselves as unconnected?
I suppose it's the "God made man in his own image" teaching. Why would God need genitals? Arms and legs? If true it suggests that Heaven is the same as Earth.
All these stories were man-made attempts to explain our existence with what they knew at the time.

Sorry but if evidence that even the most basic forms of life are found on Mars, you must do the honorable thing and concede that the monotheistic faiths - Judaism. Christianity and Islam are nothing but fanciful myths.

Forum List

Back