Perserverance Lands on Mars

How many Mars missions have there been? Seems like the US and other nations have been there several times now. Why do they keep going there?

I think this one is going to explore below the surface of Mars for evidence of ancient life.
Yes, congratulations US! Credit where it is due and we Brits did our bit by making the parachute. Perseverance landed near a dried-up lake and will drill down attempting to find signs of life past or present. Just think of the mind-blowing implications if traces of life are found. Judaism/Christianity finally debunked and that is just for starters.
Perhaps you could be so kind as to show where in Judaic/Christian Scripture the claim is made that there is no life elsewhere in the universe.
See? Move the goal post.

So what makes theists so sure that we are the only life? That has been their position for a millennia
Where in Scripture does it state that?
I was brought up a Roman Catholic and I know what we were taught about creation by priests.
God created man in his own image, All animals were created separately, They deny that both man and animals and all lower life forms are all part of the same progressive process culminating in Hominids who they don't acknowledge as human, in fact, they never mention them at all.

My best mate is a Muslim and he denies that life exists anywhere else in the universe because he knows Mohammed would have mentioned it in the Quran.
I also remember a Jahova's witness telling me that - "I don't want to believe I came from some bacterial sludge in a river bed!"

Michael Angelo's painting of God giving life to Adam in the Sistene Chapel is evidence of what the Roman Catholic Church has always believed, but just how many Adams was there, and did they all look like us?
I have no problem with God doing things he doesn't tell us He's doing.
Nice cop-out!
If we could prove multiverses exist that still won’t disprove god. I’ve been telling theists for years to stop trying to put god in a box. Of course this isn’t his only universe.
It depends on how you define God. If by God you mean super-intelligent energy so pure it requires zero space but contains all the energy in the entire universe/s and then some. Then I'm happy to go along with that. If however, you mean some omnipotent superman of the western monotheist religions then I totally reject that as childish and fanciful.

How many Mars missions have there been? Seems like the US and other nations have been there several times now. Why do they keep going there?

I think this one is going to explore below the surface of Mars for evidence of ancient life.
Yes, congratulations US! Credit where it is due and we Brits did our bit by making the parachute. Perseverance landed near a dried-up lake and will drill down attempting to find signs of life past or present. Just think of the mind-blowing implications if traces of life are found. Judaism/Christianity finally debunked and that is just for starters.
Perhaps you could be so kind as to show where in Judaic/Christian Scripture the claim is made that there is no life elsewhere in the universe.
See? Move the goal post.

So what makes theists so sure that we are the only life? That has been their position for a millennia
I was brought up a Roman Catholic and I know what we were taught about creation by priests.
God created man in his own image, All animals were created separately, They deny that both man and animals and all lower life forms are all part of the same progressive process culminating in Hominids who they don't acknowledge as human, in fact, they never mention them at all.

My best mate is a Muslim and he denies that life exists anywhere else in the universe because he knows Mohammed would have mentioned it in the Quran.
I also remember a Jahova's witness telling me that - "I don't want to believe I came from some bacterial sludge in a river bed!"

Michael Angelo's painting of God giving life to Adam in the Sistene Chapel is evidence of what the Roman Catholic Church has always believed, but just how many Adams was there, and did they all look like us?
Nice cop-out!
If we could prove multiverses exist that still won’t disprove god. I’ve been telling theists for years to stop trying to put god in a box. Of course this isn’t his only universe.
It depends on how you define God. If by God you mean super-intelligent energy so pure it requires zero space but contains all the energy in the entire universe/s and then some. Then I'm happy to go along with that. If however, you mean some omnipotent superman of the western monotheist religions then I totally reject that as childish and fanciful.
Back to the OP please...China has been orbiting Mars with their space craft for several days, before the US got there. They plan to drop a rover shortly from this aircraft. Also, the UAE sent a ship to Mars and it is currently orbiting the planet. I don’t suppose the three nations are sharing data, but I could be wrong.

There seems to be a sudden interest in Mars. I believe the two psychopathic oligarchs Bezos and Musk are planning Mars missions.
China's Tianwen-1 Mars mission adjusts orbit to prepare for a Red Planet landing

See? Move the goal post.

Nice cop-out!
Back to the OP please...China has been orbiting Mars with their space craft for several days, before the US got there. They plan to drop a rover shortly from this aircraft. Also, the UAE sent a ship to Mars and it is currently orbiting the planet. I don’t suppose the three nations are sharing data, but I could be wrong.

There seems to be a sudden interest in Mars. I believe the two psychopathic oligarchs Bezos and Musk are planning Mars missions.
China's Tianwen-1 Mars mission adjusts orbit to prepare for a Red Planet landing
What's wrong with human interest in the Solar System we live in?
Besides the Moon landings brought unexpected technological breakthroughs.
The microwave! Could you be without yours?

Or do you believe that curiosity killed the cat and we just shouldn't bother?

See? Move the goal post.

Nice cop-out!
It's a reality. Who are we to dictate what God has to tell us or not?

See? Move the goal post.

Nice cop-out!
It's a reality. Who are we to dictate what God has to tell us or not?
Excuse me God actually told us something?
The only time in scripture he told us anything was when he gave Moses the Ten Commandments. Did Moses though have his own agenda and told a few porkies to keep his flock, no doubt pissed off from wandering the desert, from deserting him?

Who knows?

See? Move the goal post.

Nice cop-out!

Mars is the only planet in the solar system that is practical to physically visit, at least for the next several thousand years. I believe some would really like to see if we could terraform it.

See? Move the goal post.

Nice cop-out!

Mars is the only planet in the solar system that is practical to physically visit, at least for the next several thousand years. I believe some would really like to see if we could terraform it.

I heard it’s easier to take off from the moon because of no atmosphere?

Probably easier from Mars too if there is less atmosphere?

Thats one reason to be on Mars. Plus how about all the natural resources? And it’s closer to the meteor belt.

And besides if not mars where?

Neal degrass Tyson needs to do a show on why space exploration is important to the human race. I know it’s already been done. This planet will not live forever. We need to master the universe if we want humans to survive this planet. One meteor we’re all done. Jesus h christ.

If you care about humans after you are dead you should care about space travel. If you only care about you and Jesus then I guess it’s pointless to go into space.

See? Move the goal post.

Nice cop-out!

Thats one reason to be on Mars. Plus how about all the natural resources? And it’s closer to the meteor belt.

Neal degrass Tyson needs to do a show on why space exploration is important to the human race. I know it’s already been done. This planet will not live forever. We need to master the universe if we want humans to survive this planet. One meteor we’re all done. Jesus h christ.

If you care about humans after you are dead you should care about space travel. If you only care about you and Jesus then I guess it’s pointless to go into space.
Resources are certainly a very important concern, and access to the asteroid belt is critical for that. Caring about Jesus means you need to care about all people, so there's that.

See? Move the goal post.

Nice cop-out!

See? Move the goal post.

Nice cop-out!

Oh I get all that.

I’m always suspicious of government and it’s hidden motives, for good reason. They have a long history of lies and deception. It could be just an effort to determine the habitability and valuable resources on Mars. Or it could be an arms race by the fools running these governments. Weaponizing space seems to be one goal. (See Dumb Don’s Space Force, for instance).

See? Move the goal post.

Nice cop-out!

The UAE had to have some help from us. Perhaps information from the rovers can be also sent to that spacecraft and then sent to earth.

Forum List

Back